• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I sign up as a PC consultant without having 4 cooking shows booked?

In summary, the conversation is about a new member introducing herself to the community and discussing her situation with her director. She is in the process of becoming a PC consultant and her director wants her to have 4 booked cooking shows before signing the agreement and purchasing the kit. The new member is having trouble finding a 4th show and is seeking advice from other PC consultants. Suggestions are made for hosting her own open house or a grand opening show, as well as offering a Mommy and Me party or Power Cooking class to make the show different and attract more sales. The conversation ends with the new member thanking everyone for their input and expressing her excitement for joining PC.
ccarp
Hello~

I'm new to Chef Success, so I just want to say hello to all of you. I've learned quite a lot in a short time.

This is my situation...... I'm in the process of signing up to become a PC consultant. My Director will not let me sign the agreement & purchase my kit until I have 4 cooking shows booked, is this standard practice? I have read on here that some of you have actually done some catalog shows in your first 30 days. She says that I can have these too, but these are only to earn my PC dollars. I understand why she's insist on this it will get my business up and running. My frustration is I have three booked for March, but I'm having a hard time coming up with the fourth cooking show. I really want to get my kit, so I can start learning the ropes and have time before my first show. I know I can probably come up with a catalog show. I just would like some input from some other PC consultants, if you have signed someone with less than 4 shows.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl, welcome!

First off, I can understand where your director is coming from. She/he wants you to succeed and having 4 booked cooking shows is the way to go.

Have you thought of hosting your own open house? I would start there if you don't have one booked. Invite your family/friends/coworkers/etc and make it your own show!

HTH! Good luck!

vwpamperedchef said:
Cheryl, welcome!

First off, I can understand where your director is coming from. She/he wants you to succeed and having 4 booked cooking shows is the way to go.

Have you thought of hosting your own open house? I would start there if you don't have one booked. Invite your family/friends/coworkers/etc and make it your own show!

HTH! Good luck!
Exactly what I was about to say.

Pampered Chef does not require that you have actual shows booked before sending your agreement in but you will start out with much more success if you do. When I signed we had to have 6 shows booked to send it in and I am glad that I did - it gives you a jump start to get all the bonuses! Good luck to you!

Thank you Beth and Vanessa for your responses I appreciate your input. I agree with both of you in that she's only thinking of my future success.

I guess I will just have to get creative on finding my 4th show. I haven't asked my hairdresser yet, so I guess I could ask her.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Cheryl! Way to go on getting your first 3 shows booked!! :thumbup: Your director is only thinking of your future success, but I know how frustrating it can be! Still, having your first shows booked will really help you start out successfully! I had my first 4 shows booked, but 1 cancelled and 1 changed to a catty show at the end of Feb (I signed at the beg. of Jan), so my first 30 days weren't near as successful as I was hoping. Oh well!

Have you thought of hosting a grand opening show as your first show? It gives you a lot of useful practice and is less stresful (IMO) than a show at another house. You can invite just friends and family, or just go crazy on the invites (as I did) and get comfortable with the show format and everything. This could be your 4th show too! :)

Good luck and congrats on your decision to sign! I am having so much fun since I signed!! :love:

Thanks Joy for your input. I really appreciate everyones advice :)

The only reason I haven't decided to do a Grand Opening at my house is I recently hosted a party, and everyone that I would invite all went to parties that were booked through my show. I just don't think I would get the sales that I need by doing one. I guess, if I can't find one in the next couple of days I will just have to do it.

Have a great weekend :)

Hi and welcome! I agree that having a grand opening is great but what about offering a Mommy and Me party (I did this in my first month) just to make it different than a normal show. Or offering our Power cooking class to pique interest with anyone? Mixes it up a little so it's not an "ordinary PC show" type thing. ;)

Good luck to you!

Heather... where can I find more information on the Power Cooking? Also, what format did you use for the Mommy and Me? I think those ideas are great, and I think I do need to make it different in order to get the same people to come.

Thanks!

ccarp said:
Thanks Joy for your input. I really appreciate everyones advice :)

The only reason I haven't decided to do a Grand Opening at my house is I recently hosted a party, and everyone that I would invite all went to parties that were booked through my show. I just don't think I would get the sales that I need by doing one. I guess, if I can't find one in the next couple of days I will just have to do it.

Have a great weekend :)

All of those people will want to come to your March show when you tell them that we will have 41 new/restyled items in March! I have people who have been to at least one show a month for the past few months. They always buy at each one. People go to a show and build a big wish list in their minds and most people can't afford to buy all at once. So if they come to your March show their wish list will grow and maybe they will even book their own show. Who knows? Wow that was very rhymey huh? :rolleyes:

ccarp said:
Heather... where can I find more information on the Power Cooking? Also, what format did you use for the Mommy and Me? I think those ideas are great, and I think I do need to make it different in order to get the same people to come.

Thanks!

Once you actually get signed you will have access to all of the Power Cooking info you could possibly need on Consultant's Corner.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply to my post today. I now feel confident to do a Grand Opening show.

I hope one day I can be of some help to someone on this forum too!

When I signed my director didn't make me have any shows booked & I still qualified in my first 30days. My 3rd month I was #2 in our cluster sales. Personally I don't think it is right to MAKE you have the shows booked before you sign but everyone is different. I planned on very few shows & do more catalog but instead I have done more shows than catalog. I'm not a cook so that is why I didn't plan on doing very many shows, but after getting the products & practice I love it. My chef boyfriend can't belive have much into cooking I am now. :) Good Luck!

pamperedlinda said:
Where in NW GA are you?
I live in Rock Spring.

kaseydee said:
When I signed my director didn't make me have any shows booked & I still qualified in my first 30days. My 3rd month I was #2 in our cluster sales. Personally I don't think it is right to MAKE you have the shows booked before you sign but everyone is different. I planned on very few shows & do more catalog but instead I have done more shows than catalog. I'm not a cook so that is why I didn't plan on doing very many shows, but after getting the products & practice I love it. My chef boyfriend can't belive have much into cooking I am now. :) Good Luck!
Must be nice to have a boyfriend that's a chef :) I do enjoy cooking and that's one of the reasons I chose to sell Pampered Chef. I've been a customer for about 9 years, and it never occured to me to sell it. I guess it was all about timing.

I'm pretty certain I will get bookings from my first show which is on the 10th of March. Maybe you can answer this question.... If I have my friend get a prebooking from her invitees can she still get the host credit for that booking if it's booked before her show happens? I asked my director and she thought so but wasn't certain.

Thanks for your help.

ccarp said:
Must be nice to have a boyfriend that's a chef :) I do enjoy cooking and that's one of the reasons I chose to sell Pampered Chef. I've been a customer for about 9 years, and it never occured to me to sell it. I guess it was all about timing.

I'm pretty certain I will get bookings from my first show which is on the 10th of March. Maybe you can answer this question.... If I have my friend get a prebooking from her invitees can she still get the host credit for that booking if it's booked before her show happens? I asked my director and she thought so but wasn't certain.

Thanks for your help.
Yes. She can get credit for the booking as long as her friend's show is held after hers (you need her past host number for her to get credit) - and don't forget to mark the booking on the first host's show.

Last edited:
ccarp said:

Thanks!
It was actually around Halloween so I did a theme party, had my kitchen decorated really cute, used black and orange paper goods and invited all of my DDs preschool classmates. I made a spider cake from my batter bowl and then made mini spiders out of the prepbowls. The kids decorated them and I also had cookies for them to decorate.

My 2nd MOmmy and Me was also during the fall so I did a Pumpkin Harvest party and made a big pumpkin cake from my fluted pan and made mini ones for them to decorate using the mini fluted pans.

The great thing about that, back then, we had some kids tools to show and sell but now we don't. But the moms actually ordered stuff for themselves anyways.

I hope that helps to give you an idea. Good luck and there are also other types of themes to have for a GO! I did a Girls Night out theme and a Margarita Madness theme! For my two GO parties!

If you have a grand opening party, you could do a Mystery Host party. That's where you give out tickets and draw a the host prizes. I did that for my opening and it was a lot of fun and success.

Oh, yeah I made both of them Mystery Host shows too! Good idea!

Thinker said:
If you have a grand opening party, you could do a Mystery Host party. That's where you give out tickets and draw a the host prizes. I did that for my opening and it was a lot of fun and success.
I thought your idea for a Mystery Host sounds good too. I think I downloaded the instructions for that type of show. I will have to go check.

Cheryl

Thinker said:
How do you book a Mystery Host show? Don't you have to have a name associated with the show? I'm sorry I'm just so new at this I have no clue how this all works.

Thanks,
Cheryl

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. She can get credit for the booking as long as her friend's show is held after hers (you need her past host number for her to get credit - and don't forget to mark the booking on the first host's show.
Thank you :)

heat123 said:
It was actually around Halloween so I did a theme party, had my kitchen decorated really cute, used black and orange paper goods and invited all of my DDs preschool classmates. I made a spider cake from my batter bowl and then made mini spiders out of the prepbowls. The kids decorated them and I also had cookies for them to decorate.

My 2nd MOmmy and Me was also during the fall so I did a Pumpkin Harvest party and made a big pumpkin cake from my fluted pan and made mini ones for them to decorate using the mini fluted pans.

The great thing about that, back then, we had some kids tools to show and sell but now we don't. But the moms actually ordered stuff for themselves anyways.

I hope that helps to give you an idea. Good luck and there are also other types of themes to have for a GO! I did a Girls Night out theme and a Margarita Madness theme! For my two GO parties!
Those ideas are great! I guess with Easter coming up I could always do a theme around it.

I really appreciate all the input everyone has given me!

Cheryl

ccarp said:
How do you book a Mystery Host show? Don't you have to have a name associated with the show? I'm sorry I'm just so new at this I have no clue how this all works.

Thanks,
Cheryl

I just did this with one of my new recruits. She did a drawing for the host benefits (someone got the free products, someone else got the 1/2 off items, someone else got the discount, etc.). Everyone was really excited! She did Power Cooking, too, and even raffled off 2 of the meals! She had about 20 people there, and I'm sure she had well over $600 in sales. She also booked 3 new shows, and already has 4 more booked. So, that's 8 shows in 2 months - exactly how many she wants to do every month (1 a week).

Try not to be frustrated that you can't "sign" until you get your 4 shows booked. I have done this with the two people who just signed under me, and they are glad I insisted. They feel confident that their businesses are off to the right start, and I will be there at their Grand Opening parties to help them get even more bookings (see if your Director can come to yours).

Good luck and we're all glad to help here - eventually you'll have more to offer, but utilize the forum as much as you can now - it'll only help you! :) WELCOME and good luck!

cathyskitchen said:
I just did this with one of my new recruits. She did a drawing for the host benefits (someone got the free products, someone else got the 1/2 off items, someone else got the discount, etc.). Everyone was really excited! She did Power Cooking, too, and even raffled off 2 of the meals! She had about 20 people there, and I'm sure she had well over $600 in sales. She also booked 3 new shows, and already has 4 more booked. So, that's 8 shows in 2 months - exactly how many she wants to do every month (1 a week).

Try not to be frustrated that you can't "sign" until you get your 4 shows booked. I have done this with the two people who just signed under me, and they are glad I insisted. They feel confident that their businesses are off to the right start, and I will be there at their Grand Opening parties to help them get even more bookings (see if your Director can come to yours).

Good luck and we're all glad to help here - eventually you'll have more to offer, but utilize the forum as much as you can now - it'll only help you! :) WELCOME and good luck!
Cathy - Thanks for your ideas and words of encouragement. I've finally made a decision to go ahead and to do Mystery Host show, as my fourth show. I can't tell you how much everyones input has helped me make that decision.

I will probably do the same thing with my recruits too!! I'm just so eager to get started :)

Have a great evening.

Cheryl

1. What is the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program?

The "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program is a special incentive offered by Pampered Chef to our consultants. It encourages them to secure at least four bookings within their first 30 days of joining and to sign an Independent Consultant Agreement.

2. How do I qualify for the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program?

To qualify for the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program, you must be a new consultant who has joined Pampered Chef within the last 30 days and have secured at least four bookings during that time. You must also sign an Independent Consultant Agreement within your first 30 days.

3. What are the benefits of participating in the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program?

Participating in the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program offers several benefits, including a fast start to your business, increased income potential, and the opportunity to earn bonus products and rewards. It also sets you up for long-term success as a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. How do I sign the Independent Consultant Agreement for the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program?

To sign the Independent Consultant Agreement for the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program, you can either submit it through your online consultant account or fill out a physical copy and mail it to our headquarters. The agreement must be signed and received within your first 30 days to qualify.

5. Can I still participate in the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program if I have already been a consultant in the past?

No, the "4 Bookings to Sign Agreement" program is only available to new consultants within their first 30 days of joining Pampered Chef. However, we have other incentives and programs available for all consultants to help grow their business and achieve success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cher88bear
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jlynn771
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • bgupton