1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 30 minute chicken... really?

1. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

Does the chicken really brown up in the microwave? I know it would not get crispy on the skin, but does it get that nice brown color? I am doing a Sat. night show for the first time and I thought that would be perfect.

May 17, 2009
  2. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

No, it doesn't really get brown. That's why you apply spices (with some color!) to the skin.

The chicken tastes great. It is moist and guests are always impressed.

May 17, 2009
  3. The chicken does get brown and the skin actually does get crispy. Just coat the bird with olive oil and some seasonings, put it in the DCB and microwave it for 30 minutes without the lid on. It is pretty amazing. Good luck!

May 17, 2009
  4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

You really just need to try it. I did not believe until I did it. YUM!!!

May 17, 2009
  5. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Never made it without the lid. Do you still get the juices as if the lid was on?

May 17, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

The test kitchens at PC state that the juiciness and tenderness of the chicken is no different with or without the lid

7. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

Ok,,, thanks!! My microwave is too small, so I have never been able to try it. I will have to give it a whirl... everyone raves, so it must be good!!

May 17, 2009
  8. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it. Like I said always used the lid.

May 18, 2009
  9. It's really super YUM and I'm a tough customer because I hate dry rubbery meat and this is really moist. I used McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken spice blend

10. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I didn't know they had that spice....going to have to buy it now! Thanks

11. kewaters

kewaters Member

i was at a meeting recently and we tried the bbq chicken sandwiches (yummy!) and the person demonstrating said she did it at a show over the weekend and the host's microwave was pretty small, so the lid wouldn't fit on the dcb and into the microwave. What she did was turned the lit upside down and it fit perfectly. before she served it she flipped it back over and wiped off the handle. She said it worked the same as if the lid had been on the proper way.

May 19, 2009
Have something to add?