• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Really Brown Chicken in Just 30 Minutes in the Microwave?

In summary, the chicken does not really get brown in the microwave. You need to apply spices (with some color!) to the skin in order to get that nice brown color.
ChefMary412
Does the chicken really brown up in the microwave? I know it would not get crispy on the skin, but does it get that nice brown color? I am doing a Sat. night show for the first time and I thought that would be perfect.

No, it doesn't really get brown. That's why you apply spices (with some color!) to the skin.

The chicken tastes great. It is moist and guests are always impressed.

The chicken does get brown and the skin actually does get crispy. Just coat the bird with olive oil and some seasonings, put it in the DCB and microwave it for 30 minutes without the lid on. It is pretty amazing. Good luck!

You really just need to try it. I did not believe until I did it. YUM!!!

Reba Gowin said:
The chicken does get brown and the skin actually does get crispy. Just coat the bird with olive oil and some seasonings, put it in the DCB and microwave it for 30 minutes without the lid on. It is pretty amazing. Good luck!

Never made it without the lid. Do you still get the juices as if the lid was on?

lmradlein said:
Never made it without the lid. Do you still get the juices as if the lid was on?

The test kitchens at PC state that the juiciness and tenderness of the chicken is no different with or without the lid

Ok,,, thanks!! My microwave is too small, so I have never been able to try it. I will have to give it a whirl... everyone raves, so it must be good!!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The test kitchens at PC state that the juiciness and tenderness of the chicken is no different with or without the lid

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it. Like I said always used the lid.

It's really super YUM and I'm a tough customer because I hate dry rubbery meat and this is really moist. I used McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken spice blend

ButterflyVioletta said:
It's really super YUM and I'm a tough customer because I hate dry rubbery meat and this is really moist. I used McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken spice blend

I didn't know they had that spice....going to have to buy it now! Thanks

i was at a meeting recently and we tried the bbq chicken sandwiches (yummy!) and the person demonstrating said she did it at a show over the weekend and the host's microwave was pretty small, so the lid wouldn't fit on the dcb and into the microwave. What she did was turned the lit upside down and it fit perfectly. before she served it she flipped it back over and wiped off the handle. She said it worked the same as if the lid had been on the proper way.

1. What is "30 Minute Chicken... Really?"

"30 Minute Chicken... Really?" is a quick and easy recipe from Pampered Chef that uses our high-quality kitchen tools to help you make a delicious chicken dish in just 30 minutes!

2. What ingredients do I need for "30 Minute Chicken... Really?"

You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, your choice of seasoning or marinade, and any additional ingredients you want to add for flavor, such as vegetables or herbs.

3. How do I make "30 Minute Chicken... Really?"

First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place your chicken breasts in a baking dish and season them with your chosen seasoning or marinade. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve with your desired accompaniments.

4. Can I use frozen chicken for "30 Minute Chicken... Really?"

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as it may take longer for the chicken to reach the correct internal temperature.

5. Are there any variations for "30 Minute Chicken... Really?"

Yes, you can customize this recipe to your liking by using different seasonings or marinades, adding vegetables or other ingredients to the baking dish, or using different cuts of chicken. You can also try using our Pampered Chef Quick Cooker for an even faster cooking time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies