• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a 30 Minute Chicken Parmesan Without Breading?

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe for 30 minute Chicken Parmesan and a quick homemade spaghetti sauce. The recipe for the chicken involved pounding thin cutlets and cooking them with basil canola oil before topping them with tomato sauce and mozzarella. The spaghetti sauce recipe included sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and garlic before adding wine, herbs, brown sugar, and spaghetti sauce. It was suggested to freeze leftover wine in ice cube trays for future use in cooking. Some people had successfully substituted grape juice or apple juice for wine in recipes, but others disagreed and recommended using wine for the best flavor.
jrstephens
"30 minute Chicken Parmesan

Pound chicken with meat tenderizer to thin cutlets, then saute with basil canola oil about 5 minutes on each side. Top with tomato sauce or ready made pasta sauce, and top with thick sliced mozzarella or grated. Add some fresh cut parsley with scissors and Italian PC seasonings, and place in oven for about 10 minutes, and WOWSERS, a whole meal. In the meantime boil water with linguine and add rest of pasta sauce. You can also make the Italian Monkey Bread in the small skillet or buy premade garlic bread, and you did a whole dinner for your guests. Viva Itailiano!"

Has anyone made this? I got it off the Skillet Recipe files.

If so, did you use boneless, skinless breast? Did you not "bread" them?

I am wanting something to start chowing off the cookware with and thought this sound quick and easy.

Anyone have a good cheap and easy pasta sauce recipe that would show products to go with it?

I have a GREAT recipe for "homemade" spaghetti sauce!
Wonderful for those times when you are craving homemade sauce, but don't have the time to let it simmer for hours!:)

Quick Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (I use Prego Organic Basil & Tomato - but any kind will work)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 C. Marsala or Chianti Wine
1 Tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend
1 Tbl. Brown Sugar
1/2 t. black pepper.

Saute' mushrooms, onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add wine, herbs, brown sugar & pepper. Then add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. (you can simmer for less if you need to)

And no - I don't bread the chicken.....but I'm not much of a breading person.

Thanks Becky.

I always breaded my boneless skinless chicken when making this kind of thing.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a GREAT recipe for "homemade" spaghetti sauce!
Wonderful for those times when you are craving homemade sauce, but don't have the time to let it simmer for hours!:)

Quick Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (I use Prego Organic Basil & Tomato - but any kind will work)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 C. Marsala or Chianti Wine
1 Tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend
1 Tbl. Brown Sugar
1/2 t. black pepper.

Saute' mushrooms, onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add wine, herbs, brown sugar & pepper. Then add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. (you can simmer for less if you need to)

And no - I don't bread the chicken.....but I'm not much of a breading person.
Becky~

That looks super!

I don't drink wine...if I purchased some wine for cooking, I know that you want to get a "good" wine (one that you would normally drink...) but can I freeze it in small portions for use in cooking later? How long is a bottle good once it's been open?

I have never cooked with wine...only because no one here drinks it so I never have any here!

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

That looks super!

I don't drink wine...if I purchased some wine for cooking, I know that you want to get a "good" wine (one that you would normally drink...) but can I freeze it in small portions for use in cooking later? How long is a bottle good once it's been open?

I have never cooked with wine...only because no one here drinks it so I never have any here!

Kelly - go ahead and freeze it in ice cube trays for cooking. Then just throw in a couple cubes when you are making the sauce - so easy! I'm not a wine drinker either - but I use it quite often in cooking......it adds that taste that makes you feel like you are eating in a restaurant!

Try the Marsala - it's not expensive - and you can also use it to make Chicken Marsala - one of my all time favorites!!!

Funny story - My SIL called me one day - and they are totally opposed to alcohol in any form, even in cooking - and asked me if she could sub apple juice to replace the Wine in a Beef Burgundy recipe that she wanted to make for company. I laughed out loud before I thought better......but then told her that if she didn't want to use the wine, she should choose a different recipe!:rolleyes:

Thanks Becky!! I will have to get some and make some SUPER spaghetti sauce!

I've actually substituted grape juice or cider or apple juice in a number of recipes that call for wine. It is not quite the same but still adds a little something.

tlennhoff said:
I've actually substituted grape juice or cider or apple juice in a number of recipes that call for wine. It is not quite the same but still adds a little something.

Oh, I have too, but Beef Burgundy is ALL about the wine!!! It's not just a small amount!

LOL, ok, I'll believe that. I have not made beef burgandy in ... well over 10 years now. Kosher wines are just starting to be good and I've finally found a place that has variety and found a reasonable burgandy. Want to post your recipe so I can give it a try?

I would love to learn how to cook more with wine... I don't use it at this point because I just don't know how or when!

jenniferknapp said:
I would love to learn how to cook more with wine... I don't use it at this point because I just don't know how or when!

Hey Jennifer - I just posted a thread with some of my favorite recipes using wine!

Thanks!

grr stupid length requirement

You can also buy red and white wine in small bottle 4-packs. If you don't drink, just keep it in the fridge! I keep these small bottles around just for cooking.

tlennhoff said:
LOL, ok, I'll believe that. I have not made beef burgandy in ... well over 10 years now. Kosher wines are just starting to be good and I've finally found a place that has variety and found a reasonable burgandy. Want to post your recipe so I can give it a try?

Here's the recipe I use for beef bourguignon. This is alot of work, but it's great. At least that is what everyone says. I don't eat beef, but I make this occasionally for company. Just too make sure I don't miss out any calories, I usually serve it over mashed potatoes!

Beef Bourguignon Copyright Ina Garten, All rights reserved

1 tablespoon good olive oil
8 ounces dry cured center cut applewood smoked bacon, diced
2 1/2 pounds chuck beef cut into 1-inch cubes
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound carrots, sliced diagonally into 1-inch chunks
2 yellow onions, sliced
2 teaspoons chopped garlic (2 cloves)
1/2 cup Cognac
1 (750 ml.) bottle good dry red wine such as Cote du Rhone or Pinot Noir
1 can (2 cups) beef broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 pound frozen whole onions
1 pound fresh mushrooms stems discarded, caps thickly sliced
For serving:
Country bread or Sour Dough, toasted or grilled and rubbed with garlic clove
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the bacon and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is lightly browned. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a large plate.

Dry the beef cubes with paper towels and then sprinkle them with salt and pepper. In batches in single layers, sear the beef in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove the seared cubes to the plate with the bacon and continue searing until all the beef is browned. Set aside.

Toss the carrots, and onions, 1 tablespoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper in the fat in the pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the Cognac, stand back, and ignite with a match to burn off the alcohol. Put the meat and bacon back into the pot with the juices. Add the bottle of wine plus enough beef broth to almost cover the meat. Add the tomato paste and thyme. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and place it in the oven for about 1 1/4 hours or until the meat and vegetables are very tender when pierced with a fork.

Combine 2 tablespoons of butter and the flour with a fork and stir into the stew. Add the frozen onions. Saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10 minutes until lightly browned and then add to the stew. Bring the stew to a boil on top of the stove, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.

To serve, toast the bread in the toaster or oven. Rub each slice on 1 side with a cut clove of garlic. For each serving, spoon the stew over a slice of bread and sprinkle with parsley.

Hmm, I wonder what I can substitute for smoked bacon? The kosher turkey bacons, if they can be found, are... well tasteless.

1. What ingredients do I need to make 30 Minute Chicken Parmesan?

To make 30 Minute Chicken Parmesan, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, egg, olive oil, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and dried oregano.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer for this recipe. However, mozzarella is the traditional cheese used in chicken parmesan and gives it that classic gooey, melty texture.

3. How do I make sure the chicken is fully cooked in just 30 minutes?

To ensure the chicken is fully cooked in 30 minutes, it is important to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before cooking. This will help them cook evenly and quickly. You can also use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later. Cook the chicken and assemble the dish as directed, then cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven at 375°F for about 15 minutes or until heated through.

5. Can I make this recipe using frozen chicken breasts?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. It is important to thaw the chicken completely before cooking. You can either thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave. Once thawed, follow the recipe as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kzegar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U