• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Stone Instead of Deep Dish Baker in Microwave

In summary, you can use a stone in the microwave as long as it is specifically designed for microwave use. It can reduce cooking time and there is no need to preheat it. You can use a stone in the microwave for a variety of foods but be sure to follow the cooking instructions. To clean the stone, allow it to cool down and wash with warm water and mild soap, avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
My deep dish baker is too big to fit in my micro. I was wondering if I could use another stone with sides and if that would work just as well. For example I have the deep dish baker. I was told for the 30min chicken you don't use the lid of the baker so maybe any stone that will fit in the micro and has sides would work?

Yes it will for any recipe that doesn't call for a lid. However, keep in mind of splatter, and it's preferable that the stone and food can rotate on the turntable

Yes, you can use any stone with sides that fits in your microwave as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Just make sure it is microwave-safe and can withstand high temperatures. You may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature as different stones may have different heat retention properties. Also, keep in mind that the lid of the deep dish baker helps to trap steam and moisture, so your results may vary without it.

1. Can I use a stone instead of a deep dish baker in the microwave?

Yes, you can use a stone in the microwave as long as it is specifically designed for microwave use. Make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions before using.

2. Will using a stone in the microwave affect the cooking time?

Yes, using a stone can actually reduce cooking time in the microwave. The stone absorbs and distributes heat evenly, resulting in faster cooking times.

3. Do I need to preheat the stone before using it in the microwave?

No, there is no need to preheat the stone before using it in the microwave. Simply place your food on the stone and follow the cooking instructions as usual.

4. Can I use a stone in the microwave for any type of food?

Yes, you can use a stone in the microwave for a variety of foods such as pizza, bread, cookies, and even vegetables. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions for each type of food.

5. How do I clean a stone used in the microwave?

Cleaning a stone used in the microwave is simple. Allow it to cool down completely, then wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam