• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Kosher: A Demo for Thursday Night

In summary, my friend is having a show Thursday night and she has asked that I not cook anything in her stove using tools that have ever been used before. I am going to have to come up with a solution because I have never done the chicken at a show before. I suggest she p/u a kosher chicken and I can make that while it is cooking I will do the cucumber/lime/potato demo.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a show Thursday night - in a kosher home.
She has asked that I not COOK anything in her stove/oven/micro using tools that have ever been used b4.
Thankfully I have one extra brand new DCB...so I suggested she p/u a kosher chicken and I can make that...and carve it using her own tools....while it's cooknig I will do the cucumber/lime/potato demo (they won't eat that).
My question for ya'll is this...I have not done the chicken for a show before -- I have done it at home and for a few gal pals casually but never as a demo - anyone have an outline or tips?

Does she have any stones you could bake up some biscuits on? The chicken makes great sandwiches, which is what I generally do with it at shows.

No, unfortunately she doesn't own any :)

Get her to buy some rolls, they can have sammies on those.

We had a girl last night at our meeting & she is Kosher & did a 2000.00 show because everyone bought 2 of each!!!!:eek: ;) :cool:

Ginger428 said:
We had a girl last night at our meeting & she is Kosher & did a 2000.00 show because everyone bought 2 of each!!!!:eek: ;) :cool:

Get out??? WOW -

I have done the chicken at a show - basically had it all prepared and stuck it in the microwave when the first guest arrived - everyone loved it and I let the host carve it up - I like the idea of the sandwiches, I added it to a salad!

PamperedDor said:
Get out??? WOW -

I have done the chicken at a show - basically had it all prepared and stuck it in the microwave when the first guest arrived - everyone loved it and I let the host carve it up - I like the idea of the sandwiches, I added it to a salad!

she just moved here in Aug, from Tx & Nov or Dec she had a 9000.00 month!!!:eek:

Sorry!!! End of Hijack!!!

1. What does it mean for a dish to be considered "kosher"?

Kosher refers to food that is prepared and consumed according to Jewish dietary laws. This includes certain restrictions on the types of animals that can be eaten, as well as guidelines for how those animals are slaughtered and prepared.

2. How can I make sure my kitchen is kosher for cooking?

To make your kitchen kosher, you will need to have separate sets of dishes, utensils, and cookware for meat and dairy products. You will also need to designate certain areas for preparing and storing meat and dairy items separately. It is important to thoroughly clean and sanitize all surfaces and equipment before switching between meat and dairy products.

3. Can I use any ingredients for cooking kosher?

There are certain ingredients that are not considered kosher, such as pork, shellfish, and mixing meat and dairy products. It is important to read labels and look for kosher certification symbols on products to ensure they meet kosher guidelines.

4. How do I know if a recipe is kosher?

There are many resources available, such as cookbooks and websites, that offer kosher recipes. You can also look for recipes that use kosher-certified ingredients or have been approved by a kosher organization.

5. Can I still enjoy my favorite dishes while cooking kosher?

Absolutely! There are many delicious kosher versions of popular dishes, as well as traditional Jewish recipes that are naturally kosher. With a little creativity and some adjustments, you can still enjoy all of your favorite meals while cooking kosher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • RCKmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Buffysaurus
  • dannyzmom