• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3 Step System for Direct Sales Follow up

In summary, the article discusses the importance of follow-up calls in direct sales and presents a 3 step system for effective follow-up. The author emphasizes the need to combat self-doubt and negative beliefs when making follow-up calls and suggests clearly communicating one's follow-up philosophy to contacts. This approach has helped the author achieve success in her direct sales business and can benefit others as well.
NooraK
Gold Member
Another great article on Customer Care:

My 3 Step System for Direct Sales Follow Up | JulieAnneJones.com

My 3 Step System for Direct Sales Follow Up

from http://www.julieannejones.com

We've all been there. You have a note to make a follow up call to someone whom you've been following up with for weeks (or maybe even months). You stare at the phone, frozen with the belief that she hates you, she isn't answering because she's not interested, that you're bothering her. It makes it very hard to pick up the phone. Those beliefs can paralyze you and eventually destroy your direct sales business.

I'll let you in on a secret that just might help…pretty much without exception, the things you tell yourself about making follow up calls and what the person on the other end is thinking about you are all lies. 99% of the time, if someone hasn't called you back or answered your e-mail, it's not about you. It's about how busy they are. And don't kid yourself. Those lies you're telling yourself are only about you. If you can't prove they're true (and of course, unless you have a hidden camera into the person you're calling's home, you can't prove they're true), they must be lies.

I’ve been called the “follow-up queen” simply because I always call when I say I’m going to, and I keep following up, no matter what, until someone tells me to stop calling. This approach has supported my success for years. Here's the trick to this. When I send an e-mail, I always give those on my list a clear way to opt out right at the top and bottom of every e-mail. I do the same thing with my follow up calls. My message lets them know my follow up philosophy and how to opt out of my follow up list if they would prefer I stop calling.

That way, if I haven't heard from them, I can assume they still want to hear from me instead of assuming they wish I'd stop calling. It's a huge shift and one that can literally change your business. I had one client who followed up with a woman for nine years before she finally was at the right time and place in her life to start her business. And she thanked my client for continuing to follow up and for never giving up on her.

I created a diagram of how my follow-up system works and I thought it might be helpful. Here it is, in a nutshell.

(Click here to see the image)

Then beyond week 3, simply schedule a follow up call every single month until you either reach the person you're calling or they request to be taken off of your list. I make a point of reiterating my follow up philosophy every few months just to remind them by saying, "My follow up philosophy is to keep following up until we've connected. If you'd rather I take you off my list, just give me a call or shoot me an e-mail and I'll do that. Otherwise, I'll look forward to hearing back from you soon or I'll follow up again if we haven't connected."

Trust me, this simple three step system will completely change the way you look at follow up calls. And that could mean you actually start making them, which will impact your business in all areas, guaranteed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie Anne Jones is direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read her weekly blog posts, visit her at http://www.julieannejones.com.

Great article! Gives me a whole new perspective and screams at me to "Get out of my own way!".

Thanks for sharing. :)

I think the key is to communicate to your contacts what your philosophy is. If you tell them you will keep following up until they tell you not to, they can't justifiably get mad at you for continuing to do so.

1. What is the "3 Step System for Direct Sales Follow Up"?

The "3 Step System for Direct Sales Follow Up" is a method of following up with potential customers in a direct sales setting. It involves three simple steps that can help increase sales and build stronger relationships with customers.

2. What are the three steps in the "3 Step System"?

The three steps in the "3 Step System" are: 1) Connect, 2) Engage, and 3) Close. These steps involve reaching out to potential customers, building a rapport with them, and ultimately closing the sale.

3. How can following this system benefit my direct sales business?

Following the "3 Step System" can benefit your direct sales business by improving your follow-up process and increasing your chances of making a sale. It can also help you build stronger relationships with customers, leading to repeat business and referrals.

4. Do I have to follow the steps in order?

Yes, it is important to follow the steps in order to effectively implement the "3 Step System." Connecting with potential customers first allows you to establish a relationship before trying to make a sale, which can increase your chances of success.

5. Can this system be applied to all types of direct sales?

Yes, the "3 Step System" can be applied to various types of direct sales, including in-person sales, online sales, and social media sales. The key is to adapt the steps to fit your specific sales process and target audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • NooraK