• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3 Shows in a Row - 1 Guest Each

A
Adrian
Oh man, this is getting SO old. I'm new and I have hosted three parties in a row for myself over the last two months. In each case, I have sent out from 25 to 40 invitations and have had just ONE guest show up at each.

This is such an uncomfortable situation for both me and for the poor guest. In each case, the guest has been a good friend and has had a good time and placed a nice order, but it's just so awkward to have one guest to carry off the whole party.

I have tried sending E-mail invitations, Facebook invitations, mailed invitations, follow-up calls and everything else I can think of but it just drives me crazy. The women I'm inviting are all friends and neighbors I've known for years and some of them are big fans of PC, so I just can't imagine why they wouldn't show up for my shows. And the rough part is that I don't know until the last minute who is or isn't going to show up. Yesterday, I had 16 women out of 25 who hadn't RSVP'd one way or another, so I thought even if 5 or 6 of them showed up, I'd have a great show, but it just didn't happen.

Obviously, my sales have been extremely low and I haven't been able to get any bookings to carry forward and do some hopefully successful shows. I also have had several catalog parties that have bombed, including a fundraiser show that was absolutely tragic. The info went out to dozens of people, but only the two organizers placed any orders. I felt especially bad about that one because I had really wanted to help the charity.

Interestingly enough, I know exactly what the problem is - it's just negative thinking on my part. I'm a big believer in positive thinking and normally I'm able to produce great results in other areas with positive visualizations and having confidence in myself. But the problem is once you've had a string of negative outcomes like this, it is so hard to not believe that it will happen again and again.

I'm supposed to have a men's only show next week for Mother's Day and I'm just hesitating about wanting to even do it because I feel like this is even more of a risk than usual and after all these disastrous shows, I don't know if I can pull it off. What's a girl to do???

Thanks!

Adrian

Oh, Adrian! I am so sorry it has been a rough start for you. This is what I would do. I'd call each of those ppl that were invited to your last show and say
"Hey Sarah, its Charity (with Pampered chef, if you need to add that) we really missed you Tues night! We had such a great time! I wanted to follow up with you because I thought you and your friends would like to get togther for a girl's night too. There are some GREAT host and guest specials right now.... Would you be interested in a May or an April date?"
If she says no, ask her if she knows anyone who loves to party and loves the PC.

That's my suggestion. Then if...no WHEN... you get some bookings off of this, host coach like CRAZY!!! Follow the host coaching check list in the book that came with your starter kit. It really works!

Good luck! Don't give up. This biz is very much worth the effort!!!!

Well, you stated part of it. Change your attitude.

Make it all about them - what do they get for coming? For booking? For ordeting? How will it help them? Follow-up is key. Did you call in the 24-48 hours before the show to remind them? Be excited.

Sit down and discover your why. Once that is clear it will be easier to project a positive vibe.

Things can work out! You got a slow start but so do a lot of other very successful consultants.

Since your guests are friends and neighbors you've known for years, how about asking them for feedback:

"Hi Suzy, I'm sorry that you weren't able to make it to my show the other day. I'm working on getting my business off the ground, and I was wondering if I could as for your help. I'm looking for some good, solid, constructive criticism that I can use to make myself better.
I'm curious, could you tell me why you weren't able to make it? Was it the timing?"

Or something to that effect.

Be sure also you are VERY positive when you talk to your friends and neighbors. I know I have heard my one recruit that has left the business say, "Well I am doing really badly in PC right now and really need some bookings. Can you help me? I have even taken her aside and coached her about those word choices and it never seemed to sink in. Charity had a great follow-up "script". They don't have to know it was you and one other lady. Hang in there.

Are you having your shows on the same day of the week? maybe you could change the day to a different one.. if you are having them on weekends, change to an evening show. This might work. Follow up with the people you have invited.. tell them you are sorry they missed your show and ask them to place an order, maybe offer a free SB with each order or half off shipping...just a thought on how you might be able to increase show totals.

Thanks, those are all some great ideas. I will follow up with some of these ladies and see what I can salvage out of all this and hopefully move on to some more successful shows.

Thanks!

Adrian

If you are inviting the same crowd to each of the 3 shows in a two month time span, you are probably wearing them out with the PC pressure.Try a different approach. Make this about them, not you. Do your list of 100 & start making calls to see who would like to host a show to help you get your business up & off the ground. ;)

(preferably people you've not already been approaching about your shows)

1. Why am I not getting more guests to show up to my parties?

There could be a variety of reasons for low attendance at your parties. It could be a lack of interest in the products, scheduling conflicts, or simply forgetfulness. It's important to keep promoting your parties and finding ways to make them more appealing to potential guests.

2. How can I improve my party attendance?

One way to potentially improve attendance is by utilizing multiple forms of invitation, such as email, social media, and physical invitations. You could also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or offer a bonus for those who RSVP. Additionally, try to make your parties unique and fun to entice people to attend.

3. How can I turn a negative mindset around?

It's understandable to feel discouraged after a string of unsuccessful parties, but it's important to remember that each party is a new opportunity. Try to focus on the positive aspects of your business and visualize successful outcomes. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people who can help boost your confidence.

4. Should I still hold a party if I'm unsure about the turnout?

It's ultimately up to you whether or not to hold a party, but it's important to weigh the potential risks and benefits. Consider reaching out to guests beforehand to gauge their interest or try to find a different time or format for the party, such as a smaller gathering or a virtual event.

5. How can I turn unsuccessful parties into successful ones?

Instead of dwelling on the negative outcomes, use them as learning experiences. Ask for feedback from your guests and use their suggestions to improve future parties. Also, try to diversify your target audience and find new ways to market your parties to attract a larger and more interested crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • MaryannNic