• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Making Perfect Onion Dip Every Time

In summary, the onion dip was thick and stringy the first time I made it. I added milk to make it thinner, and microwaving it for 30-60 seconds may help the mozzarella cheese melt.
cochef
Gold Member
I made the onion dip and it ended up quite thick and stringy. I used the mini baker w/Saran wrap and followed the directions. Any tips - I have to make it again next week. Thanks.

The first time I made this dip, I forgot the milk, so it was pretty thick, but still good.Try adding 1-2 teaspoons of milk to get it to a thinner consistency. Also maybe microwaving it 30-60 seconds longer will help the mozzarella cheese melt, more , which is what results in the stringy affect.I don't have the garlic and brie baker, so I have been using another dish (not PC) that is the perfect size. I don't cover it though with saran wrap. So maybe leaving it uncovered will help too.

I made it for the first time today. I didn't have any milk and subbed sour cream for it instead. I covered with the lid. Was not overly thick. Are you shredding your own mozzarella and are you using whole milk mozzarella or part-skim. That will make a different in texture and thickness

Does anyone have a flyer made up to promote the dip sets.

I am on beta. I went to the search and typed in "3-minute" and it was the first item under resources. I can email it to you if you'd like.

I think I attached it but I'm not sure. :)

Attachments

• 3-minute dip.pdf
    447.5 KB · Views: 796
P.S. I would just use Page 2 .. Page 1 talks about consultants corner.

3 min dip
sherrylynn said:
p.s. I would just use page 2 .. Page 1 talks about consultants corner.

thank you!

1. How can I prevent my onion dip from being too runny?

To avoid a runny onion dip, make sure to drain the excess liquid from the onions before adding them to the dip. You can also try using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a thicker consistency.

2. Can I use frozen onions for onion dip?

While fresh onions are recommended for the best flavor, frozen onions can be used in a pinch. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding to the dip.

3. How long will onion dip last in the fridge?

Properly stored, onion dip can last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

4. Can I use a food processor to chop the onions for the dip?

Yes, a food processor can be used to chop the onions for the dip. Just make sure not to over-process them, as they can become too watery.

5. What are some creative add-ins for onion dip?

Some tasty additions to onion dip can include chopped bacon, diced jalapenos, or even ranch seasoning mix. Get creative and add your favorite flavors to make a unique dip!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies