• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the Three Cheese Mac & Cheese recipe from the DCB Cookbook yet?

In summary, the conversation was about making a delicious Three Cheese mac & Cheese recipe from the DCB Cookbook in a RCB. The speaker had to make some substitutions for the ingredients, but the end result was still delicious. They also shared tips for using a different cheese and baking the dish in a different stoneware piece. Overall, the mac & cheese was a hit and better than any restaurant version. The speakers thanked DCB and RCB for making it possible to create an easy and tasty meal.
kam
Staff member
Tonight we made the Three Cheese mac & Cheese recipe from the DCB Cookbook, halved it and made it in the RCB.

The end result was DELICIOUS! I can't believe how good this was!

I could not find the pasta (of course) so I used shells instead. I was able to find all the cheeses. Though I had to ask for Fontina as they had only a small selection hidden in a top corner (I am short).

The Gruyere was the most expensive ($7.50 for 8 oz) and that was cheap! The fontina was on sale.

I think next time we could sub provolone or mozzarella for the Fontina, but am hesitant since I am afraid it might alter the overall taste. I am sure they tried the recipe with an easier to find cheese and for some reason settled on fontina.

As far as the baker, half a recipe JUST fits in. It was close. I was not worried about boil over since no part of the recipe is done in the microwave. BUT, as it cooked in the oven, it got hot and bubbly and I was a little worred about some spilling over. It didn't, but was close!

Since it bakes in the oven WITHOUT the lid, you can use another stoneware piece -- just make sure it is over 6 cups!

Good to know--thanks for the review!

I did not have any bread crumbs, so I crushed some crackers and sprinkled over the top. I think bread crumbs would have been better, but the crackers gave a nice crunch.My husband and I both agreed this was better than any restaurant mac & cheese we have ever had. It was creamy, cheesy, and the hint of nutmeg was perfect. We will definitely be making this again and again! Thank you DCB and RCB for making this easy and delicious meal possible.

1. What is Rcb in the 3 Cheese Mac & Cheese recipe?

RCB stands for "Roux Cream Base." It is a mixture of flour, butter, and milk that creates a creamy and thick sauce for the mac and cheese.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for this recipe, but it is recommended to use a combination of cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan for the best flavor and texture.

3. How long does it take to make the 3 Cheese Mac & Cheese in Rcb?

The total cooking time for this recipe is approximately 45 minutes. This includes boiling the pasta, making the RCB, and baking the mac and cheese in the oven.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mac and cheese ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking. Just make sure to cover it with foil and bake it for an additional 10-15 minutes to ensure it is heated through.

5. Can I substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the milk with almond milk, coconut milk, or any other non-dairy milk. However, the consistency and flavor may be slightly different from using regular milk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies