• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Second Sample Order: Must-Have Items and Customer Insights

The Director hostess has the dots stemware and martini glasses, but she does not think they are a must-buy. She also thinks that if customers can see them in person, they will be more likely to buy them. The Director hostess also mentioned that the tongs from the last ice bucket (2005) are discontinued and were poorly designed.
pc_jessica
so im getting ready to do my second sample order (had to split it up until i got my last pc check)...and i am wondering what i should get...i keep debating on the martini glasses...do you think these are a must? do you think customers are more apt to buy them if they can see them? same with the ice bucket and shaker? as well as the ss colanders??? thoughts from those who have purchased them or those that decided not to...TIA

I alwaysh shay zat martooni glashes are a muscht.

HaHa KG! That was funny!

I am now trying to get rid of too much PC stuff. I am sticking to only buying what I will use. Saves you money. Somethings do need to be seen but I think if you have an item from each group of things (stoneware, cookware, simple additions) then the quality will speak for itself. If you really like the dots martini glasses, then get them!!

Ditto Chris!!!! I've been having a "clearing out the closet" sale because of this very thing!!!

Jessica, I don't think they are a must- any of those items, but if you will use them (i.e. bites and bevs parties or you will use them at home) then get them!

Personally, we have about 18 martini glasses at home already lol and I will never bring glassware to shows (I am way too clumsy) so the martini glasses are not on my list. But I think I will be getting the shaker at least for bites and bevs shows so I can make martinis!

Of the items you mentioned, I did decide to buy the shaker. It isn't something I usually would buy, but it thought it would show what the double walled construction looks like. It looks a lot better in person that in the catalog. I passed on the ice bucket, because I thought my customers would get a good enough idea of what it is going to be like by looking at the shaker. Just my opinion, I might be wrong... :cool:

I bought the shaker and ice bucket and martini glasses...because I don't have any of those types of items for my own personal use, and because the shaker does look so much better in person. I am going to start bringing the wine glasses and martini glasses to shows (1 of each). I brought out the wine glasses recently and got my first sale of them, and a friend specifically asked me to bring them to her show later this month.

There are items that sell themselves, and then there are items that you have to see in person to appreciate.

thanks for you suggestions...i think i might get the shaker i just read somewhere you can use it to make iced coffee drinks!!! that sold me...as for the others no idea yet but thanks for your input!!

I made an iced coffee yesterday morning and ended up leaving it still in the shaker on the counter as I went out to do errands. I came back about 4 hours or so later and no joke, that thing still had ice floating in! Love it, can't wait to use the Ice Bucket and get those results at a party! Mara

PS I had poured hot coffee over the ice to make it, and there was still ice.

i just read somewhere you can use it to make iced coffee drinks!!!
There is a product demo video on CC, if you're interested in watching it.

At our Cluster meeting last night, the Director hostess had all three of the products you mentioned. Only wished that PC had included tongs for the Ice Bucket. It was clumsy to just reach in for an ice cube. She used the tongs from our last ice bucket (2005) but they have been discontinued and were poorly designed. The bucket did a great job of keeping the cubes cold. I took some at the beginning of party 6:05PM, and before leaving at 8:50PM for the ride home. I did not see much water in the bottom, so not much had melted, while sitting on her kitchen counter.

I have the Dots Stemware but because of the very long stem, I don't use them very often. They are not too stable on my woven placemats and folks do not like to set them on my nice cherry table top. I have only used them twice at home, and had them almost a year. I would probably be very careful about taking to a party (hugh chance of one getting knocked over and smashed). The same applies to the Martini glasses. I'm not comfortable with selling products that encourage alcohol consumption anyway. Just MHO. P.S. I served Cider in my Stemware, and wine to two who brought it as a hostess gift.

In case you did not treat yourself to the Forged Cutlery Serrated Knife, that would be a great investment. It does a marvelous job on tomatoes, and other veggies. I know I will love the new Cookie Press, and along with the old one, can have someone else making cookies along with me. I bought both Package C and D, and "C" is my favorite because of the Shears and the Prep bowl set. I will be using the Beaded cake server this weekend. I says "Party, Party" and looks very sturdy.

Whenever you do a second Supply order, I highly recommend the Thai Peanut sauce. My Sample order included it, and had I known how good it was, before I placed my Supply order, I would have ordered three on my Supply order.

made an iced coffee yesterday morning and ended up leaving it still in the shaker on the counter as I went out to do errands. I came back about 4 hours or so later and no joke, that thing still had ice floating in! Love it, can't wait to use the Ice Bucket and get those results at a party! Mara

PS I had poured hot coffee over the ice to make it, and there was still ice

Gosh, I need to STOP reading some of these posts, you are making me spend $$$$. First the magazine and now this. I wasn't going to order shaker or bucket as I didn't like the look in the catalog, and with above comment you've convinced me of shaker, anything to get me my iced coffees cheaper than McD's.

The bucket did a great job of keeping the cubes cold. I took some at the beginning of party 6:05PM, and before leaving at 8:50PM for the ride home. I did not see much water in the bottom, so not much had melted, while sitting on her kitchen counter.
And I hate when bucket has more melt than ice at bottom, so I wasn't going to order that, but now after reading Rita, I might have to add that to my have to haves. For tongs, I gave my hostess my big tongs (what are they called, braing freeze) to use, the silicone tipped ones with her personal bucket and everyone loved it and I sold a couple of them, as people were going to order 2nd set for that use.

I also knew the knife was a must, so that's already on it's way.

I need to get off these boards, I'm spending to much $ after reading them today, lol.

That is your reward for being such a good Mommy, and not going out on your date tonight! You deserve it!

What is a 2nd sample order?

A 2nd sample order is a second order that a consultant places for themselves to try out new products or to replace items that have been used for demonstration purposes.

How do I place a 2nd sample order?

You can place a 2nd sample order by logging into your consultant account on our website and selecting the "2nd Sample Order" option under the "Orders" tab.

Are there any discounts or promotions for 2nd sample orders?

No, there are no discounts or promotions for 2nd sample orders. They are only available at full price.

Can I add items from the catalog to my 2nd sample order?

Yes, you can add any items from our current catalog to your 2nd sample order. However, keep in mind that some items may be unavailable for sample orders.

Can I return items from my 2nd sample order?

Yes, you can return items from your 2nd sample order within 45 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. However, items must be in their original packaging and in new, unused condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heidabear
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead