• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Up Delicious Recipes: My New Cookbook Adventure

In summary, this conversation is about a new cookbook that has a variety of recipes ranging from typical PC recipes to fancier fare. It includes recipes such as Artichoke Chicken, Pecan-Crusted Chicken, Mediterranean Quesadillas, Skillet Lasagna, and more. Garam Masala, an Indian spice blend, is mentioned as an ingredient, and Penzey's Spices is recommended for ordering it. The conversation also includes recommendations of Polock Burgers and tips on how to make them.
I made the skillet lasagna tonight. Yummy.

Did y'all see How to Boil Water (or something like that) yesterday morning on Food Network? They were talking about fond! They were making chicken curry and using a big SS family style skillet. I told DH it was pretty cool that I knew exactly what they was talking about and never would have paid attention before!

I've always been a bit of a foodie, but having my own PC business has really broadened my food horizons.Cindy, The Furry Guy and I used to go to New Bern all the time. He was a marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. We both like to shop, and New Bern had lots of interesting little shops. Of course, that was years ago, so it may have changed a bit.

Rae it's growing leaps and bounds but still has that small town atmosphere! The downtown has a beautiful waterfront park now and lots more quaint little shops and we became big time with a Starbucks! We love it here. DH is retired navy and works at Cherry Pt now. We are here for good finally, no more getting moved around! Thats cool you've been here!

Another good one: Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet.

The chicken thighs have a stronger flavor than white meat, so if that matters to you, use chicken breasts.
The time estimate (28 minutes) on this one was spot-on.

But be warned, this one is a "Yay, it's beige!" dinner - very little color on the plate.

chefann said:
Another good one: Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet.

The chicken thighs have a stronger flavor than white meat, so if that matters to you, use chicken breasts.
The time estimate (28 minutes) on this one was spot-on.

But be warned, this one is a "Yay, it's beige!" dinner - very little color on the plate.
Try adding a little bit of finely diced red pepper and cilantro or parsley over the tops of the plates to add some color. I know what you mean... seems like when I make an entree that is beige, I end up serving it with mashed potatoes and corn... kind of kills the appetite, huh? ;)

dwyerkim said:
Try adding a little bit of finely diced red pepper and cilantro or parsley over the tops of the plates to add some color. I know what you mean... seems like when I make an entree that is beige, I end up serving it with mashed potatoes and corn... kind of kills the appetite, huh? ;)
It's got some cilantro on it, and cheese. But I'm sitting here eating leftovers for lunch and I swear I didn't get any cheese or cilantro in my bowl. It's beigh chicken, rice and corn. Looks like prison food. Tastes good, though!

I'm making the Artichoke Chicken nwith Roasted Potatoes tonight. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I made the coconut curry chicken last night and really liked it (but I like curry, I know some don't care for curry). Wasn't overly hot, so if you like really hot curry you could jack up the spice a bit. My 5 yr old even ate it (dipped in ketchup, yuck-o).

chefann said:
It's got some cilantro on it, and cheese. But I'm sitting here eating leftovers for lunch and I swear I didn't get any cheese or cilantro in my bowl. It's beigh chicken, rice and corn. Looks like prison food. Tastes good, though!

Soooo, you gotta lotta experience with prison food there Ann?:D :yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
Soooo, you gotta lotta experience with prison food there Ann?:D :yuck:
Prison, college cafeteria.... same difference... :yuck:

And I wondered how long it would take someone to comment on that. You win, Becky!

chefann said:
Prison, college cafeteria.... same difference... :yuck:

And I wondered how long it would take someone to comment on that. You win, Becky!

Yippee!!! I LOVE winning! And since JAE is beating me right now in our CLuster Booking Challenge - I NEED to feel like I won something!:eek:

Made Pecan Crusted Chicken the other night. It was really good and really quick. I didn't make the sauce because The Furry Guy and I aren't sauce people. He drizzled a bit of honey over his. I ate mine plain.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm making the Artichoke Chicken nwith Roasted Potatoes tonight. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
It was DELICIOUS! And so easy.

I made the Skillet Lasagna tonight for dinner with some garlic bread. YUMMY! I used ground beef instead of the sausage because we had some. I am going to put this as a choice for my Main Dishes shows in the fall. Super easy & LOTS of people love lasagna! So far all of the recipes I've made from this cookbook & the Season's Best have been hits! Great job PC!!!

I received my 29 cookbook today. I went out to dinner tonight and now I'm stuffed. I'd love to read this thread and look at the cookbook, but food sounds disgusting right now.

Can't wait to get the cookbook!

I keep forgetting to add this one:DS (who is 3) and I made the Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites this past weekend. We used the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips. I put them in a ziploc bag, and had him smash them up with the meat tenderizer - he had a blast! Then we added the other ingredients, and he mixed it all up in the bag. He had so much fun helping - and I thought this would be a GREAT Kids in the Kitchen recipe!They tasted great too - something that kids would love! We had the Slaw with them, and used more Ranch Dressing for the dip for the Chicken Bites - it was a very tasty, healthy, kid friendly meal!

I made the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta W/Sausage & Peppers last night for a very very Italian bunch of Women!:cool: I had that much confidence in the recipe....they LOVED IT! It was on her deck, so I brought my electric burner & I used The 12 in. Executive Pan! Then at the end of the show, they had me show them all sneak peeks for next month....NOW they ALL want the cookware...:eek: LMAO...BTW 9 guests & the show is at 909.00 so far...:D :D :D

But since they are all friends & relatives, I'm thinking maybe the Mystery Host Show is looking good, I'm gonna run it by them at tomorrow nights show!;)

Ginger -that is AWESOME!!!
I made the angel hair dish at home and DH & I LOVED it!!
I see LOTS OF FREE cookware in your future!! :D :D :D

SusanBP0129 said:
Ginger -that is AWESOME!!!
I made the angel hair dish at home and DH & I LOVED it!!
I see LOTS OF FREE cookware in your future!! :D :D :D

I Hope I Hope I Hope!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Saturdays party wants me to do the Skillet Lasagna......Tomorrow nights I'm trying to change it to the Toasted Pasta....:D

Ginger428 said:
I Hope I Hope I Hope!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Saturdays party wants me to do the Skillet Lasagna......Tomorrow nights I'm trying to change it to the Toasted Pasta....:D

Have you been up my way lately?

SusanBP0129 said:
Have you been up my way lately?

LOL...yes as a matter of fact, Saturday I'll be in Pearl River....so this will start a few parties for me again. I was up in Nanuet last week, a lady from this group does PartyLite & she had an open house. I bought a couple of things to be nice cause I know she'll be there on Sat.! ;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
I made the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta W/Sausage & Peppers last night for a very very Italian bunch of Women!:cool: I had that much confidence in the recipe....they LOVED IT! It was on her deck, so I brought my electric burner & I used The 12 in. Executive Pan! Then at the end of the show, they had me show them all sneak peeks for next month....NOW they ALL want the cookware...:eek: LMAO...BTW 9 guests & the show is at 909.00 so far...:D :D :D

But since they are all friends & relatives, I'm thinking maybe the Mystery Host Show is looking good, I'm gonna run it by them at tomorrow nights show!;)

I love that recipe, it is delicious and a little unique... good to know it works in nonstick (made mine in my old stainless). Congratulations on your show--awesome!

ChefBeckyD said:
I keep forgetting to add this one:

DS (who is 3) and I made the Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites this past weekend. We used the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips. I put them in a ziploc bag, and had him smash them up with the meat tenderizer - he had a blast! Then we added the other ingredients, and he mixed it all up in the bag. He had so much fun helping - and I thought this would be a GREAT Kids in the Kitchen recipe!

They tasted great too - something that kids would love! We had the Slaw with them, and used more Ranch Dressing for the dip for the Chicken Bites - it was a very tasty, healthy, kid friendly meal!

I just bought the "original" flavor today to make these...I had the cheddar flavored ones in my hand at first, but wasn't sure how it would taste. Now I will have to try them with that flavor next time!

I made the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta the other night. My daughter NEVER eats pasta, she hates it. I made her try it and she ate 3 bowls of it!! It was soooo good! I completely agree tho, that you need the 12" skillet for this dish. I used a 10" (non-PC) pan and it was near overflowing in the end. But I recommend everyone make this dish, it was so yummy and light, I didn't feel tremendously fat after eating it :angel:

riggs62 said:
I made the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta the other night. My daughter NEVER eats pasta, she hates it. I made her try it and she ate 3 bowls of it!! It was soooo good! I completely agree tho, that you need the 12" skillet for this dish. I used a 10" (non-PC) pan and it was near overflowing in the end. But I recommend everyone make this dish, it was so yummy and light, I didn't feel tremendously fat after eating it :angel:

And it makes a lot... we had two adult and two child portions for dinner, and I think we had at least 2 if not 3 adult sized leftover portions. It would be awesome for a smaller show as there would be enough to go around.

It's been a couple months now...
ChefBeckyD said:
So far, I have listed to try:

Artichoke Chicken
Paprika Chicken w/ noodles
Turkey Gyros
Skillet Lasagna
Pecan Crusted Chicken w/ Sweet Mustard Dressing
Turkey Saltimbocca
Crunchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites (I bet DS loves these!)
Glazed Chicken w/ Apple Salad
Almond Chicken Stir-fry
Mediterranean Quesadillas
Sesame Tilapia
Dijon Crusted Halibut
Crispy Parmesan Shrimp
Shrimp Orzo Skillet
Grilled Tilapia w/ Pineapple Salsa
Barbecue Salmon
BLT Mac & Cheese
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Pork Tacos
Brown Butter Tortellini w/ Spinach & Ham
Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew
Moroccan Pork Chops
Caprese Pizza
Hot & Sour Soup
Spicy Broccoli Fritatta
Poached Eggs Florentine
Lightning Fast Veggie Chili
Crunchy Breakfast Tacos
Harvest Brown Rice Salad
Grilled Portabello Bruschetta

Thats All!

Looks like alot of recipe trials coming to the Deemter Household!:D

...and I was curious if ChefBecky tried more off her list and her critics? I would be happy to hear others views too on the many recipes from this book???

<h2>1. "Have you tried any of the recipes in the new cookbook?"</h2><p>Yes, I have had the opportunity to try several recipes from the new cookbook. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am able to test out the recipes before they are released to our customers.</p><h2>2. "Which are your favorite recipes in the cookbook?"</h2><p>It's hard to choose just one favorite, but I really love the Tuscan Chicken Pasta and the Triple Chocolate Brownies. They are both easy to make and always turn out delicious.</p><h2>3. "Have you had any recipes that didn't turn out well?"</h2><p>I have not personally had any recipes that didn't turn out well, but I have heard from a few customers that the Lemon Chicken and Rice recipe can be a bit tricky to get right. However, with some adjustments and following the instructions carefully, it can turn out delicious.</p><h2>4. "Which recipe would you recommend trying first?"</h2><p>It really depends on your taste preferences, but I highly recommend trying the Chicken Fajita Skillet recipe. It's a crowd favorite and always a hit at parties or family dinners.</p><h2>5. "Do you think this cookbook will be a popular seller this season?"</h2><p>I definitely think so! The recipes in this cookbook are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make and use common ingredients that most people already have in their pantry. Plus, with the beautiful photos and layout, it makes for a great gift or addition to any kitchen collection.</p>

1. "Have you tried any of the recipes in the new cookbook?"

Yes, I have had the opportunity to try several recipes from the new cookbook. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am able to test out the recipes before they are released to our customers.

2. "Which are your favorite recipes in the cookbook?"

It's hard to choose just one favorite, but I really love the Tuscan Chicken Pasta and the Triple Chocolate Brownies. They are both easy to make and always turn out delicious.

3. "Have you had any recipes that didn't turn out well?"

I have not personally had any recipes that didn't turn out well, but I have heard from a few customers that the Lemon Chicken and Rice recipe can be a bit tricky to get right. However, with some adjustments and following the instructions carefully, it can turn out delicious.

4. "Which recipe would you recommend trying first?"

It really depends on your taste preferences, but I highly recommend trying the Chicken Fajita Skillet recipe. It's a crowd favorite and always a hit at parties or family dinners.

5. "Do you think this cookbook will be a popular seller this season?"

I definitely think so! The recipes in this cookbook are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make and use common ingredients that most people already have in their pantry. Plus, with the beautiful photos and layout, it makes for a great gift or addition to any kitchen collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
leftymac