• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director 29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2 - Recipe Reviews

In summary, This cookbook has a variety of easy to make recipes that are great for showcasing cookware. Some recipes may require substitutions or adjustments, but overall, the dishes are delicious and perfect for a show or a weeknight dinner. Some highlights include the Chicken & Noodle Stir-Fry, Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles, and Garlic & Herb Beef Tenderloin. However, there were a few misses, such as the Potato-Crusted Tilapia and the Fettuccine Carbonara With Poached Egg, which required more clean-up than desired. Additionally, the Greek Bolognese was a surprising hit, despite its unconventional combination of ingredients. Overall, this cookbook is a great resource for quick and tasty meals.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I love this cookbook! Here are my reviews:

29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2 – Recipe Reviews:

Chicken & Noodle Stir-Fry (page 11) – Very good. Easy to make, this would be a good show recipe to showcase cookware. I used Chicken Breasts instead of Tenderloins. I think this would also be good with beef or pork.

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles (page 27) – Loved it! It was easy peasy to make. It’s a great show recipe – it doesn’t use a lot of products, but it really highlights the Deep Covered Baker. Delicious served with the pass-around salsa and guacamole. I cannot find Chihuahua Cheese in my stores, I’ve used Monterey Jack and Cheddar/Jack blend – both are great substitutes. This recipe does not re-heat well for next day left-overs, the tortilla chips get mushy.

Maple-Bourbon Glazed Salmon (page 43) – very good and easy. This would be a good recipe to multiply and do a full-filet for company too. I believe this could be done on the gas or bbq grill as well.

Chipotle Shrimp Scampi (page 45) – This will be a staple in my house! Delicious!! It was very good re-heated the next day for lunch too.

Potato-Crusted Tilapia (page 55) – We did not like this one. The Potato crust was mushy and had a burnt flavor to it. It was bland. After two bites, I scraped the topping off and ate the fish plain (which was kind of icky because there was no seasoning on it). I won’t make this one again

Garlic & Herb Beef Tenderloin (page 67) – Probably THE BEST recipe in the book!!! OMG it was delicious! First off – I did not realize that Beef Tenderloin was another name for Filet Mignon…I was not willing to spend $17.99 a pound on Filet Mignon to sample a recipe so the Butcher at Publix recommended that I use Top Sirloin Filet ($6.99 per pound). That was a great substitution. You MUST also make the Cheesy Mashed Potatoes to go with this recipe. If this recipe was this good made with top sirloin, I can only imagine the melt in your mouth goodness of using filet mignon. This is a keeper – perfect for date night.

Orecchiette With Spinach, Sausage & Tomatoes (page 73) – very good. I’ve made this several times. It is easy to cut the recipe in half. I couldn’t find orecchiette pasta so I’ve used Rotini and Campanelle as substitutions. This would be a good show recipe. It is fast, easy and economical too. Instead of Italian-herb diced tomatoes, I used home canned tomatoes (from my garden) and I added Italian Seasoning to them.

Pork Medallions With Mushroom Marsala Sauce (page 75) – very good. This recipe could be expensive to make if the pork or mushrooms are not on sale. I used a 4-oz package of mixed mushrooms and an 8-oz package of regular mushrooms to help cut the cost. This would be good made with chicken tenders too.

Beef Satay Fried Rice (page 81) – yummy! I loved it. I used Panang Curry Paste instead of Red Curry Paste since that’s what I had in my fridge (plus, I like spicey). I served it with eggrolls that I bought in the frozen food section and cooked them on my small bar pan in the toaster oven. I used cold jasmine rice that I had cooked the day before. This is a very good and economical meal. It was also very good for the 3 days that I reheated it for lunch too . This would also be good with chicken, pork or shrimp or even meatless.

Brandied Dijon Pork Chops (page 89) – good. My husband loved it, I thought it was good. It was easy and not horribly expensive. This would also be good made with chicken.

Fettuccine Carbonara With Poached Egg (page 95) – this was good. I thought it dirtied up too many pots and bowls though. My husband cooked dinner that night and he thought it was pretty easy. He also said that some of the steps could have been combined to make it a little less messy.

Greek Bolognese (page 101) – once I got over the fact of combining ground beef with mint, lemon and feta cheese… I decided to try this one out. To my surprise, it was very good! It uses 3 Tablespoons of Greek Rub (about half a bottle), so stock-up if you plan to make this one often.

This would be good served over rice or pasta. You can also double this and freeze half for a quick meal later.

Overall, I would highly recommend this cookbook to anyone who loves to cook or wants to learn how to cook!

Wow, it sounds like you really enjoyed this cookbook! I'm definitely going to have to check it out. The Chicken & Noodle Stir-Fry and Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles sound delicious and perfect for showcasing cookware. I'll have to try them with beef or pork as well. And the Maple-Bourbon Glazed Salmon sounds like a great dish for entertaining. I also appreciate your honesty about the Potato-Crusted Tilapia not being a hit - I'll probably skip that one. But I'm definitely going to try the Garlic & Herb Beef Tenderloin - it sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing your reviews and recommendations. Happy cooking!

1. What type of recipes are included in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2"?

"29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" includes a variety of recipes for main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. Some popular recipes include One-Pan Chicken Fajita Pasta, Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil, and Chocolate Lava Cakes.

2. Are the recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" are designed to be quick and easy to prepare. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and most require minimal prep work.

3. Can I make substitutions or modifications to the recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2"?

Absolutely! The recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" are meant to be adaptable to your personal tastes and dietary needs. Feel free to make substitutions or modifications as needed.

4. How many servings do the recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" make?

The recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" are designed to make 4-6 servings, but can easily be doubled or halved to accommodate your needs.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2"?

The recipes in "29 Minutes to Dinner, Vol #2" are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may require a specific Pampered Chef product, which will be clearly noted in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • finley1991