• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook

In summary, people have been discussing recipes from the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook which they have all found to be delicious. Recipes mentioned include Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes, Skillet Lasagna, Beef Enchilada Casserole, Whole Grain Chicken Bites, Brown Butter Tortellini, BLT Mac-n-cheese, Shrimp and Orzo Skillet, Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage, Caprese Pizzas, and Turkey Gyros. People have added various modifications to these recipes, such as adding a clove of garlic to the artichoke mixture, adding extra sausage, using basil instead of mint, using Miracle Whip instead of mayo, using cream cheese instead of ricotta cheese, slicing mozzarella thinly, and putting basil leaves under the toppings. The cookbook is currently discounted to $8 for September.
Okay I made the Turkey Gyros.......... :yuck:

They were NOT good. I wouldn't make them again. I think maybe with real gyro meat (what is it , lamb/beef???) it would probably be good. I also thought that it called for way too much garlic in the cucumber sauce. It over-powered the sauce.

Oh well........can't like them all .....right?? :eek:

I love the Skillet Lasagna - big hit with my family for dinner. And I made the Brown Butter Tortelini for a family picnic today - and it was a huge hit. I also added some shredded parmesan cheese. Next time I think I would press some garlic into the butter.

I think these would both be good show recipes -would you agree? Has anyone tried a recipe that they wouldn't use at a show?

Melinda

I made the Chicken Paprika one too, ( i forgot to tell ya'll). THAT was YUMMY!!!The Butter Tortellini would be good with some sliced up portabella mushrooms......YUM!!!

The Chicken with Artichoke and Potatoes was very yummy! I'm definitely making this one again! DH-approved!

Tara,
have you already earned the 12" SS skillet???
I made the chicken posole verde soup tonight GROSSS~~~ & we like hominy

i do not have the cookbook YET.... someone mentioned something about chicken parm.... if you have the recipe may i have it.

I just chose the 12" skillet as my first FREE piece of cookware! Can't wait to get it and try this!!! :)

I was just looking at the recipie book... and I want to try the Artichoke Chicken.. however it says dont' use nonstick cookware....... and I dont' have stainless yet.. I only have the executive cookware....... Any thoughts ?

Smashie said:
I made the Chicken Paprika one too, ( i forgot to tell ya'll). THAT was YUMMY!!!

The Butter Tortellini would be good with some sliced up portabella mushrooms......YUM!!!

I loved the Chicken Paprika also!!!

Has anyone tried the apple chicken recipe? I am such a scardy cat.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I was just looking at the recipie book... and I want to try the Artichoke Chicken.. however it says dont' use nonstick cookware....... and I dont' have stainless yet.. I only have the executive cookware....... Any thoughts ?
You don't want to use non-stick b/c of the high oven temp. I don't have the SS pan either (yet!) I used my iron skillet when I made it. It is a very good recipe. The potatoes don't make it or break it so you could leave them out if you wanted to.

forgot to ask....how are you feeling?

pamperedlinda said:
You don't want to use non-stick b/c of the high oven temp. I don't have the SS pan either (yet!) I used my iron skillet when I made it. It is a very good recipe. The potatoes don't make it or break it so you could leave them out if you wanted to.

forgot to ask....how are you feeling?

I am feeling so so..... my mouth hurts but not as swollen!! is it becasue of broiling??

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am feeling so so..... my mouth hurts but not as swollen!! is it becasue of broiling??
Yes, the Exec is only heat safe to 400. You could also do the chicken in the skillet on the stove then put it in another dish for the oven part.

Hope you feel better soon.

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, the Exec is only heat safe to 400. You could also do the chicken in the skillet on the stove then put it in another dish for the oven part.

Hope you feel better soon.

I thought that is what they meant in the recipie but... I wasn't sure...... I feel much better after next week when I get this dental work done.... :yuck: :(

Yes, I'd go ahead and transfer from the nonstick skillet to a stoneware piece for the oven part. It's YUMMY!

PC_CPR said:
Yes, I'd go ahead and transfer from the nonstick skillet to a stoneware piece for the oven part. It's YUMMY!
Stoneware isn't supposed to go under the broiler either.....is it?

pamperedlinda said:
Stoneware isn't supposed to go under the broiler either.....is it?

Nope....no direct heat!

I didn't think it was supposed to either !!

Teresa Lynn said:
Tara,
have you already earned the 12" SS skillet???
I made the chicken posole verde soup tonight GROSSS~~~ & we like hominy

Yes....one of my August hosts bought the half price cookware and the 12" executive and lid...with my conference points, it pushed me over for the skillet.

I'm back up to about 450 points....next i'm going to get my mom the 12" executive with lid.

Does anyone have the BLT mac and cheese recipe typed up.... I am looking for it and can't find my cookbook. Help!!!

I Don't have my cookbook as of yet, and am sending out host packets today for shows at the end of the month. Could someone please post or email me these recipes (I'm DESPERATE!!!)BLT Mac & Cheese
Chicken Enchilada Casseroleand one other recipe I forgot the name but it was really easy and didn't have that many ingredients at all and was pretty cheap.

Had the Dijon-Crusted Halibut with Roasted Asparagus. This was really good. Make sure your fillet is a thick cut otherwise the Dijon is a little overbearing! Making the Shrimp Orzo and Brown Butter Tortellini this week! Very excited!

A few weeks back, I tried quite a few of these recipes.

The Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout is fabulous! Not good for a cooking show or family, as it's only 2 servings. I'm a slow chopper - it took almost an hour for me to finish this recipe. It was trendy restaurant-quality; very nice.

The Chipotle-Herb Flank Steak with Cilantro Rice is another winner. I don't like recipes where you cook on the stove top and then place in the oven, though. Next time I make it I will just cook the meat all stove-top in the Grill Pan, and skip the oven. The Chipotle-Herb butter is very tasty.

I made the Sake-Glazed Halibut with Edamame Rice. Meh, it was OK. I really liked the glazed fish. The rice was too bland for my taste. I don't recommend this recipe for a show. Too many careful timing steps and reserving remaining glaze steps, for my liking.

The Beef Enchilada Casserole would be good for a show. Very easy, showcases both cookware and stoneware. If you don't use 95% lean ground beef, make sure to drain the grease using paper towels. Don't leave off the sour cream, lime wedges, or cilantro - they make this dish! This reheats well. And - it really does only take about 20 minutes!

Tonight, I made the BLT Mac & Cheese. Maybe it was the brand of cellentani, but it took about 45 minutes to cook down. I also used a whole pound of reduced-sodium bacon that I cooked on a bar pan in the oven. I'll try the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. The leek gives it a great flavor. (edit- this seemed like more of a side dish, than a main dish, to me)

Tomorrow I'm trying the Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes in my 8" SS saute pan. We'll see how that goes - I don't have the 10-inch SS skillet.

Last edited:
My son has had several helpings of the Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew. He said it reminds him of the soup at Carrabba's restaurant. It reheats really well.

I'll make this again. It's really hearty. If you can find bulk Italian sausage, get it. It will save you the step of cutting off the casings.

Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad

It's not really salad season anymore, but I made this for lunch, and it's delicious.

Making it stick
legacypc46 said:
I made the Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing last night. DH and I loved it. Delicious.

I love the Pecan Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing but how do you make the pecan stick to the chicken? I have made this meal three times and it's hit or miss on the pecans staying on the chicken. Jez

Mmmm, that Pecan-Crusted Chicken might be good for dinner tonight.

Last night, I made the Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They are great!
Except I noticed a bit too late, Yield: 2 servings...husband wasn't really happy about that, since we are 3.

Turkey Saltimbocca. It's the BOMB!! My husband's favorite of all I've tried...though you need to be careful not to go overboard on the sage, which can overpower it.

Others I have tried:
Artichoke Chicken :thumbup:
Paprika Chicken :thumbup:
Skillet Lasagna :thumbup: I even made it at a show and it only took 35 minutes during the show...they loved it and I sold a bunch of cookware.
Chicken Bites :thumbup: Kids loved it, DH not so much
Crispy Parmesan Shrimp w/ Spaghetti :thumbup:
Shrimp Orzo Skillet :thumbup:
BLT Mac & Cheese (I loved it...dh and kids didn't)
Brown Butter Tortellini :thumbup: (I think it's bland when I don't use enough butter and it's not brown enough)

I loved all that I tried. DH and kids are kind of "meat & potato" folks and I'm a little more gourmet...hence I sell PC so I can cook for appreciative audiences.:)

I made the Artichoke Chicken for dinner tonight - delicious!

This is my new favorite cookbook
Artichoke chicken - omg yummy
Shrimp with orzo - my very picky son loves this
Tenderloin with mushroom ragout/polenta: wonderful

Just my two cents worth. I made the Rigatoni with Tuna and Sun-Dried Tomatoes for dinner last night and it wasn't very good. :( We took a bite of it and then I looked at DH and asked him if he would like to order a pizza and he said that I took the words right out of his mouth. So we ended up ordering a pizza for dinner and of course we enjoyed that a lot better. lol. I thought the picture of it looked good so I had to give it a try.

We have tried the Brown Butter Tortellini and the Beef Enchilada Casserole and those were both good. I like the idea of adding some garlic to the Brown Butter Tortellini so I'm going to try that next time I make it. I also used less of the spinach then the recipe called for. There are still a lot of recipes in that cook book I plan to make. I think the next recipe I try out will be the Skillet lasagna since everyone is saying good things about that one.
Sandy

Of course it wasn't very good. It has tuna in it. :p

I made the Ange Hair Pasta w/Sausage & Peppers in my SS skillet and the fond started to turn black, so I switched to another skillet. I substituted turkey sausage, but I added a little olive oil. Is that what I did wrong? My heat was between med and med-high. It still tasted amazing!
I love this cookbook!

jezabell49 said:
I love the Pecan Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing but how do you make the pecan stick to the chicken? I have made this meal three times and it's hit or miss on the pecans staying on the chicken. Jez

The pecans wouldn't stay on mine very well, either. Pretty expensive recipe, with a lot of wasted pecans.
However, I've got a request to make the salad that goes with it again!

cookingwithhart said:
I made the Ange Hair Pasta w/Sausage & Peppers in my SS skillet and the fond started to turn black, so I switched to another skillet. I substituted turkey sausage, but I added a little olive oil. Is that what I did wrong? My heat was between med and med-high. It still tasted amazing!
I love this cookbook!

I have made this at least 2 dozen times....I make it in the Exec 12 in Skillet & have had no problems with the recipe at all. I made it at all my Sept & nov shows on an electric single burner. You just want to brown the sausage, also bulk sausage cooks up fast, but no need to cook it completely because it will still keep cooking once you add it back to the pan.....HTH:chef:

Peppercorn Burgers! ! ! ! !

YUMMM and super moist, easy, and I've sold some serious Peppercorn Rub just talking about this !

I loved the Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes - I just added more tuna (sorry guys, I like tuna!!)

I've mad the Enchilada Casserole and Brown Butter Tortillini at shows before...everyone loved it. I just had a hard time separating the spinach, it sorta gets clumped together, so I try to spread the spinach out a bit, a mix it right away.

I've made soo many recipes from this book...LOVE IT!

FYI - at Leadership they said it is
" The Fastest selling Pampered Chef Cookbook EVER!"

Another vote for the Korean-Style Beef Bowl. It does taste a lot like bulgogi. I think next time I'll add a bit more sugar, a dash of something hot, and mix up the marinade before I add the beef.
And, cut the beef in thinner strips. I couldn't find bean sprouts anywhere except on the salad bar in the store, but they add a delicious crunch!
It was gone so quickly, and I've been requested to make it again.

Almond Chicken Stir-Fry: This recipe has too many pans going, what with stir-frying chicken and meanwhile, making a Pan-Fried Noodle Cake. I'm no short-order cook, so this recipe made me want to tear out my hair. It's too bland, since ginger is about the only seasoning.

I doubled the recipe for Crispy Parmesan Shrimp with Spaghetti and made it on the large bar pan. This is delicious! Kind of like shrimp scampi with paremsan on it.
It took me a 2nd try to get the Parmesan topping right. Since I was doubling, I put too much cheese in the pan the first time, and it wasn't lacy and golden and crisp.

I've had this cookbook for a while and haven't tried to make anything out of it until yesterday! Now seeing this thread, I wanna try more of the recipes...I think I bought the cookbook because I saw this thread months ago!

Anyway, last night I made the Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham EXACTLY as the recipe indicated. My husband, MIL and 2 1/2 yr old and 5 year old LOVED it! My 5 yr old asked me to make it again for dinner tonight!

I do love garlic and maybe I'll try adding some next time for more flavor, but my family seemed to enjoy it the recipe anyway...

The Poached Eggs Florentine are pretty good.

But next time I am only using about 1/2 clove of garlic! Two cloves was way too much for 10 oz spinach.

... and I'm poaching the eggs in my egg poaching pan.
This would be great for Sunday brunch, but not for a demo.

The Hot & Sour Soup is really easy to make and tastes pretty good. I made it with fresh shitake mushrooms, instead of dried. I ended up putting in the whole 8 ounces fresh, because 4 was not enough.

Yummy, yummy lemonI made the mini glazed lemon cakes and they are sooo good, I just added a little more sugar to the glaze to make it a little less tart, because they do bite a little:) :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • bethsbiz