• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Recipes from the 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook?

In summary, people have been discussing recipes from the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook which they have all found to be delicious. Recipes mentioned include Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes, Skillet Lasagna, Beef Enchilada Casserole, Whole Grain Chicken Bites, Brown Butter Tortellini, BLT Mac-n-cheese, Shrimp and Orzo Skillet, Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage, Caprese Pizzas, and Turkey Gyros. People have added various modifications to these recipes, such as adding a clove of garlic to the artichoke mixture, adding extra sausage, using basil instead of mint, using Miracle Whip instead of mayo, using cream cheese instead of ricotta cheese, slicing mozzarella thinly, and putting basil leaves under the toppings. The cookbook is currently discounted to $8 for September.
Tara1021
I have an idea! We should have a thread for each cookbook and post our thoughts as we try different recipes from that cookbook. Also, share ways that you modify or change the recipe to suit you.

Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes :thumbup:

I just made this from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. It was YUMMY and the 12in SS Skillet worked wonderfully!!! I added a clove of garlic to the artichoke mixture. Loved it. Just wanted to share!! :0)

SKILLET LASAGNA.... Absolutely amazing!!

BLT Mac N Cheese

YUM YUM YUM YUM

It's all about the leeks. And the bacon. :)

Beef Enchilada Casserole - delicious. Good with black olives added to the top. Reheats well.BLT Mac and Cheese - yummy. DH thinks it would be better with the whole pound of bacon.Tex-Mex Chicken Skillet - very good, although next time I'll find a hotter salsa verde than I had. Reheats well the day after, but gets gummy after that.

DebbieJ said:
BLT Mac N Cheese

YUM YUM YUM YUM

It's all about the leeks. And the bacon. :)
yeah, that one and the skillet lasagna sounded good!

Turkey Gyros- YUMMY! (DH and DSS didn't care for them, but I think they are WRONG!) I could eat that cucumber sauce with a spoon!

Beef Enchilada Casserole- made this in the DCB to see if it would work (sell a higher ticket item... it calls for the deep dish baker) I thought it was good, DH and DSS thought so too. Definately needs the cilantro! I think without it, it would be too bland. The can of enchilada sauce I bought at WalMart was WAY more than the recipe called for, so I used extra sauce in place of the water in the recipe.

Whole Grain Chicken Bites- used the Original Sun Chips flavor. These were a HIT! BTW, I ran out of the crushed chips (used more chicken than recipe called for...) and used Panko crumbs for the rest. I actually liked the Panko crumbs BETTER than the chips. But, either way, they were good!

Brown Butter Tortellini- didn't have all the ingredients (missing the spinach) so I changed this up a bit. Browned the butter and then added 1/4 red onion minced, 1 orange pepper diced, some grilled/roasted corn off of the cob, and some sage. Just had this for my lunch today....YUMMY!

BLT Mac-n-cheese- I thought this was SUPER! DH and DSS liked it after they picked out the leeks and the tomatoes. Sissys!

This cookbook ROCKS! There are so many recipes that I want to try!

ETA- I used a whole pound of bacon in the BLT Mac-n-cheese....forgot about that!:blushing:

Shrimp and Orzo Skillett: Good. I used basil instead of mint and it would be even better with a huge handful of Parmesan cheese.

Artichoke Chicken with Potatoes: YUMMY, even good leftover and cold!

Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage: Delicious! Even better after 2 days in the fridge.

LOVE this cookbook

Artichoke Chicken- GREAT! Added garlic to topping mixture and used Mircle Whip instead of mayo (my families taste)

Skillet Lasagna- GREAT! My husband is Italian and he loved it. Would use a little less ricotta cheese next time (again just our taste)

Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage is THE BEST recipe in the book!!!!:cool: ;) :cool: Added extra Sausage....

Brown Butter Tortellini w/spinach & ham looks REALLY good, gonna try this week end.

Caprese Pizzas look really easy.....

I'll add more when I try more....;) ;) ;)

OMG ya'll are making me hungry!!! I can't wait to get my cookbook!!!

We are just loving this cookbook. We have tried the Skillet Lasagna- HUGE hit, even with the picky kids- and THe Shrimp Orzo Skillet was pretty darn yummy- my husband LOVED it. We have made it our goal to try two of these recipes a week. I don't mind cooking them, which is big for me. I hate to cook.

Okay, you guys have convinced me to get this cookbook in one of the sample packages. I haven't ordered one yet but definitely will now. They all sound soooooo yummy!

Ooh- forgot about the Caprese Pizzas. We had those at a cluster meeting. If you slice the mozzarella really thin, you can spread it out a little more so that every piece has cheese. We'd also use whole basil leaves and put them UNDER the toppings, so they don't pull off when you bite a piece.

I made the Skillet Lasagna. It was awesome! I just got the cookbook today & had tried the recipe from the post on here. I didn't have any ricotta, so I used cream cheese. It was pretty good, but the ricotta would have made it a little thicker. Flavor was still really good though.

I dont have this cook book yet but after reading all the reviews it will be one I will purchase... again very helpful

Pretty please...Could someone post the BLT Mac-n-cheese recipe for me?? I don't have my cookbook yet and I want to try it.

Jessica

gratergirl said:
Okay, you guys have convinced me to get this cookbook in one of the sample packages. I haven't ordered one yet but definitely will now. They all sound soooooo yummy!

I didn't pick a sample package to get the cookbook, didn't have enough OTHER items to justify the package.

I put in a supply order since cookbooks are $10 for Sept, they are $8 for us...ordered it and a few others that way.

What?? I didn't know that! Do you just put the regular item number on it? Darn, I just put in a supply order. :(

jchesley said:
What?? I didn't know that! Do you just put the regular item number on it? Darn, I just put in a supply order. :(

You enter a supply order the month before, look up guest specials and use that G item number.

Can you order it in the same month or does it have to be the month before??

Personal order, not supply.We can get the GUEST specials at our discount off the sale price the month before they're the special, when we order on a personal order.

chefann said:
Personal order, not supply.

We can get the GUEST specials at our discount off the sale price the month before they're the special, when we order on a personal order.

Thanks - I'm having one of those "off" days...know you can do it but am having a "brain fart" on terminology!

Sounds like i'm going to have to try the blt mac and cheese!

Smashie said:
Can you order it in the same month or does it have to be the month before??
It can be either...they just allow us to get it the month before in case we want to showcase it at shows!

KellyTheChef said:
It can be either...they just allow us to get it the month before in case we want to showcase it at shows!

Thanks for the reply. My Kit Enhancement is Sept. anyways, so I think I will get the cookbooks then. I already have the 29 min dinner on the way, but does anyone recommend one that is a MUST have??

All the Best.
Definitely.

Casual Cooking
Delightful Desserts
All the Best
Cooking for 2 or More

I really like them all

Smashie said:
Thanks for the reply. My Kit Enhancement is Sept. anyways, so I think I will get the cookbooks then. I already have the 29 min dinner on the way, but does anyone recommend one that is a MUST have??

All the best seems to get the most recommendations each time this question is asked.

No one's mentioned the Korean-style Beef recipe. I have tried the original version of this Korean dish at restaurants-- (bul-goki, I believe it's called) and can vouch for how tasty the recipe is in this cookbook. It really is yummy! And so easy to make!

PC_CPR said:
No one's mentioned the Korean-style Beef recipe. I have tried the original version of this Korean dish at restaurants-- (bul-goki, I believe it's called) and can vouch for how tasty the recipe is in this cookbook. It really is yummy! And so easy to make!
Glad to hear it. It's on my list of recipes to try. DH loves bul-goki. I just need to find some good kim-chee to go with it.

Just made the Skillet Lasagna tonight - awesome! My kids gobbled it up (even my picky one - although he just put the sausage to the side!) - left some for my hubby who is getting home late. Highly recommend it and very easy!

Would anyone be willing to post some of the recipes they tried and liked. I already have customers asking me how they are and I don't have the cookbook yet.

Thanks

FOr customers, I'm thinking of highlighting some of comments here and say for those of you thinking of buy this one, I haven't had time to try it (which I haven't) but here's a few friends and fellow consultants opinions.

HTH

Lisa

I been telling them that I have heard from other consultants that there are some good ones.

Okay I made the Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa tonight - delicious!! My 12 year old said it was the best meal he ever had - gotta love those kids. It was an extremely easy and quick recipe. Can't wait to try the Artichoke Chicken tomorrow night.

We had the multi-grain chicken bites again tonight. My 3 yr old can't get enough of them. I used the harvest cheddar sunchips, and we didn't have any paprika, so I used McCormick Rotisserie Chicken seasoning - YUM!

There aren't any leftovers!:)

The skillet lasagna and chicken bites were a big hit in our house. :)

I made the Skillet Lasagna tonight too. It was very good and DH loved it. It did take longer than 29 minutes though.....I wonder what kind of lasagna pasta they used in the test kitchen? Mine took a lot longer to cook than what the recipe said (I used Publix brand pasta). It stil only took @ 45 mins from start to finish, which was very good, just nowhere near ready to eat in 29.

pamperedlinda said:
I made the Skillet Lasagna tonight too. It was very good and DH loved it. It did take longer than 29 minutes though.....I wonder what kind of lasagna pasta they used in the test kitchen? Mine took a lot longer to cook than what the recipe said (I used Publix brand pasta). It stil only took @ 45 mins from start to finish, which was very good, just nowhere near ready to eat in 29.
Same problem with my trial last night it took 20 extra min. to cook the noodles cause everytime I tested then they were not cooked enough. I have made the no boil version lasagna and it came out the same in texture. DH wasn't too fond of this skillet version (but he's not one for change). And it came out too runny, it looked like pasta soup. Oh well at least I got to try it:p
Next I am making the BLT mac for a bbq party this weekend! That sounds yummy!

heat123 said:
Same problem with my trial last night it took 20 extra min. to cook the noodles cause everytime I tested then they were not cooked enough. I have made the no boil version lasagna and it came out the same in texture. DH wasn't too fond of this skillet version (but he's not one for change). And it came out too runny, it looked like pasta soup. Oh well at least I got to try it:p
Next I am making the BLT mac for a bbq party this weekend! That sounds yummy!
After reading about the runny probloems that a few of you had I purposely added less water than called for.....in the end, I wound-up adding more water - twice. I think I probably used more than the 3 cups that the recipe calles for. Mine was not runny, in fact I thought it was a little bit on the dry side (not real saucy). It tasted very good, just took longer. I used Barilla's tomato basil sauce. And, I was too lazy to go to the garden for parsley so I added about 1/2 tsp on Italian seasoning to the cheese mixture.

I used Prince regular lasagna noodles (the blue box) and didn't have any trouble with them cooking evenly. I was done with the recipe in just over 30 minutes too. In fact, my one son said he loved the noodles. I suppose maybe different brands cook faster?

Tonight I made the Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham. It was delicious........BUT, I think it needed "something". Not sure what, maybe a clove of garlic, because it was a little bland.

Would love to hear some recommendations on how to bring it up a notch.

Smashie said:
Tonight I made the Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham. It was delicious........BUT, I think it needed "something". Not sure what, maybe a clove of garlic, because it was a little bland.

Would love to hear some recommendations on how to bring it up a notch.
I did that recipe, but with some twists, since I didn't have spinach on hand. I used orange pepper, red onion, sage and deli ham. It was YUMMY, but I have to agree...it could have used "something"! You may be right on the mark about the garlic...or possibly some red pepper flakes in the butter when browning? Parsley?

KellyTheChef said:
I did that recipe, but with some twists, since I didn't have spinach on hand. I used orange pepper, red onion, sage and deli ham. It was YUMMY, but I have to agree...it could have used "something"! You may be right on the mark about the garlic...or possibly some red pepper flakes in the butter when browning? Parsley?

Sound like your thinking what I am thinking......I think next time I will do the garlic and parsley. The flakes sound yummy too!!

I made the Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing last night. DH and I loved it. Delicious.

I have used just egg noodles for the Skillet Lasagna and it turned out great for this! That's a simple substitution. I forgot to buy the lasagna noodles.

I think part of the "watery" issue with the Skillet Lasagna is that different pasta sauces have different consistencies. As far as the timing is concerned, I've been telling people that the 29 minutes is from the time you start assembling this recipe. If you start timing from the moment you walk into the kitchen and say, "I'm ready to make dinner now," it will take longer than 29 minutes. If you assemble all of the ingredients, then start timing, I found it pretty close to 29 minutes.

raebates said:
I think part of the "watery" issue with the Skillet Lasagna is that different pasta sauces have different consistencies.

As far as the timing is concerned, I've been telling people that the 29 minutes is from the time you start assembling this recipe. If you start timing from the moment you walk into the kitchen and say, "I'm ready to make dinner now," it will take longer than 29 minutes. If you assemble all of the ingredients, then start timing, I found it pretty close to 29 minutes.
I started the timer when I put the lasagna noodles in the pan.

Today I made the Enchilada Casserole. I thought it was pretty good. Family loved it. I didn't have the PC Southwest seasoning, so I had to use taco seasoning ( Ole Elpaso) and I think it needed more than it called for. BUT had I used the PC, it might have been just fine.

Overall, I will definitely make this again, and even thought of taking it into a business for lunch. It was SO easy, and cheap!!!

BTW, I LOVE this cookbook~:love: :love: :love:

<h2>1. What types of recipes are included in the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook?</h2><p>The "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook includes a variety of quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights. These recipes range from main dishes like chicken, beef, and seafood, to side dishes and desserts.</p><h2>2. Are the recipes in this cookbook suitable for beginners?</h2><p>Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making them suitable for beginners. Each recipe also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful cooking tips.</p><h2>3. Can I modify the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?</h2><p>Yes, many of the recipes in this cookbook can be easily modified to fit dietary restrictions. For example, you can substitute ingredients to make a recipe vegetarian or gluten-free.</p><h2>4. How many servings do the recipes in this cookbook make?</h2><p>Most of the recipes in this cookbook make 4-6 servings, perfect for a family dinner. However, some recipes may make more or less depending on the specific dish.</p><h2>5. Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes in this cookbook?</h2><p>No, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may recommend using specific Pampered Chef products for best results.</p>

1. What types of recipes are included in the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook?

The "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook includes a variety of quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights. These recipes range from main dishes like chicken, beef, and seafood, to side dishes and desserts.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making them suitable for beginners. Each recipe also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful cooking tips.

3. Can I modify the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in this cookbook can be easily modified to fit dietary restrictions. For example, you can substitute ingredients to make a recipe vegetarian or gluten-free.

4. How many servings do the recipes in this cookbook make?

Most of the recipes in this cookbook make 4-6 servings, perfect for a family dinner. However, some recipes may make more or less depending on the specific dish.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes in this cookbook?

No, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may recommend using specific Pampered Chef products for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PamperedCaniac