• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for 225 Students: Tips and Strategies

In summary, Lisa suggests ordering catalogs and providing them to the participants, or having them order the catalogs online. If the group is small, she recommends providing a catalog for each person. If the group is large, she suggests having a mini-catalog with a note on it about the online catalog and having catalogs available.
ajmalmstrom
I need help I have a client who wants to do a fundraiser for 225 students, what is the best way to do this? Do I need to order that many catalogs? I do not want to start the fundraiser already in the hole. What have you guys done for something like this?

i haven't done a fundraiser that large but on her lots of people have said mini caddys are great for that many, and then putting a lable on the front that says to see the whole caddy go to your website. I am doing a fundraiser with only 10 people next month and this is what i plan on doing.

If the group is small (25 or less) I provide a catalog for each person and even more than one if they personally ask me for more. For a group that large I would provide the mini-catalog with a note on it about the online catalog and have catalogs available. Order what you think you'll use the rest of the season and maybe see if other cluster members have some you can get quick if you need more - then replace them with your next order. That way you aren't stuck with a ton of catalogs.

There will be a good percentage of people who will not participate. One other thing you could do is ask the organizer how many people usually participate. Tell her that providing that many catalogs would be expensive for you but that you are willing to invest if you know enough people are participating. Be sure to also make sure she is aware of the online catalog - she might like the mini/online option but I can tell you that some people MUST HAVE a book to look at. lol

I just finished a FR with 300 people - I gave each a book and a couple of order forms - it is expensive to start with but the first time I did the FR with this group (a couple of years ago) it had 10,000 in sales, 2 parties and a recruit - so it's well worth it. This year it's just over 7,000 plus 3 parties.

Just think - that is 225 people who have your name now!! A good investment in my opinion.

Lisa

The mini catalogs are a lot more affordable AND they look great. They have all the new products and many of the standard items so I'd so go with that since you don't know what you'll be getting. Good luck...

Here's some ideas. email me at my name at hotmail for more suggestions.

Attachments

• fundraiser ideas MSB.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 818
  • PC Facts.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 412
  • FR FactSheet.doc
    84 KB · Views: 382
  • FR letter sample.doc
    28 KB · Views: 375
  • Nancy%20Jo%20Ryan%20Fundraising%20Tips[1].doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 460
I really would go with the regular catalogs. People who are looking to purchase through a fundraiser are going to presume that only what is in that catalog is what is available no matter what the note on the front says. I would definitely verify how many you will need of the catalogs. I did a fundraiser this summer that the lady was going to give me 100 names... I scrambled and bought that many minis from various people on CS and then I mailed out 40 for her. The fundraiser was $86 (you saw it right) with only two orders!

Most people who regularly do frs on here will tell you the investment is worth it. I would make sure they know how much the catalogs cost you and ask them if they are willing to help pay up front then tell them if they sell $1000, you will give them back the money they paid for the catalogs. As several have said, you may not get every student participating. I've attached a few more forms here I hand out.

Attachments

• CATALOG Show Fundraisers.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 821
  • FUNDRAISER PROFIT BREAKDOWN-40 members - GENERIC.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 392
  • WHY CHOOSE PC - GENERIC.doc
    102 KB · Views: 363
Jane, I like the profit breakdown. Cool! Thanks!

I got that from here somewhere and tweaked it a bit. I like it too as it shows the "potential"! :)

Careful - I had a 'profit breakdown' letter backfire on me when I asked the assistant scoutmaster to deliver the flyer to the scoutmaster... She took it from the slant that her kid had to sell however much to see a worthy profit, so didn't even show it to the scoutmaster and I lost the fundraiser.

What is the "225 Student Fundraiser"?

The "225 Student Fundraiser" is a program created by Pampered Chef to help students raise money for their schools or organizations. It involves hosting a cooking party where the sales from Pampered Chef products go towards the fundraiser.

How much money can be raised through this fundraiser?

The amount of money that can be raised varies depending on the number of guests and the products sold at the party. However, on average, our fundraisers have raised between $500 to $1000.

How do I get started with the "225 Student Fundraiser"?

To get started, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will guide you through the process and help you plan and host a successful fundraiser.

What products are available for the fundraiser?

We offer a wide range of Pampered Chef products for the fundraiser, including kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. Our consultants will provide you with a catalog and help you choose the best products for your event.

Are there any additional costs for the fundraiser?

No, there are no additional costs for the fundraiser. Our consultants will provide all the necessary materials and support for the event. The only cost would be for the products purchased by the guests at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies