1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 2011 Trip Spoiler

1. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Ha! Made you look!!! [​IMG]

Did you really think I would spill the beans here? [​IMG]

It's after midnight here in Japan, so it's the 5th now. We had our Cluster Meeting earlier tonight & enjoyed the video. It was cute the way that they did it. You girls & guys pop some popcorn [​IMG] and enjoy your meetings tonight!

Everything will be on Consultant's Corner on the 5th. :D

- - - - -​

Update: For those of you who have not yet looked on CC, here's what I was sending out to the ones who couldn't attend a cluster meeting on the 4th ...

Here's the scoop: Instead of doing levels 1, 2 & 3 they are doing Bronze, Silver & Gold levels.

Bronze is going to Toronto ( Montreal , Canada ) for 4 days, 3 nights (April 28 - May 1, 2011) with a $250 Cash Allowance (52,000 points & 4 recruits)

Silver is going to Maui ( Hawaii ) for 5 days, 4 nights (May 12 - May 16, 2011) with a $400 Cash Allowance (80,00 points & 4 recruits)

Gold is also going to Maui (Hawaii) for 6 days, 5 nights (May 12 - May 17, 2011) with a $500 Cash Allowance AND one free special activity (Snorkeling, Golf, Bike Tour, etc.) (110,000 points & 8 recruits -or- 120,000 points and no recruits)​

Directors, Advanced Directors & Senior Directors get bonus "paid-as-level" points. For Directors it's 250 for each month that they are "paid-as" a Director. For Advanced Directors, it's 500 for each month paid as an AD. Senior Directors get 1,000 points for each month that they are paid as a SD.

They did not give the specifics on the cash options for each of those three levels. All of the details will be posted on Consultant's Corner on the 5th.

January 5-10 is the triple points incentive that you should all already know about. They did say that there will be a double incentive month, but they would only say that it would be "February, March OR April" ... they will say which month later. They wouldn't give it up on the video! :(

Hopefully you can see this, it's the handouts for the December Cluster Meetings which includes the January incentives for recruits & recruiters. https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/jan10_meeting_planner_handout.pdf

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    Jan 4, 2010
  2. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Too funny Sheila! I can't wait for our meeting tonight - going to be fun!

Jan 4, 2010
  3. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

Sadness...I don't think I'm going to be able to make our meeting tonight (school was cancelled here today which means that all the kids activities tonight will be cancelled too!) and I can't WAIT to hear where the trip is!!

4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm so bummed. I came down with the stomach flu, so I can't go now. :(

Jan 4, 2010
  5. munkee41182

munkee41182 Member

You tease ;-) I so came in here to look!!!!!

Jan 4, 2010
  6. Sheila

I just wanted to see how many would actually spoil their fun tonight & try to peek early! :D

It's 1:45 AM & I have 2 little ones that will be up soon. So I'm headed to bed. Any of you who are NOT going to be attending a cluster meeting can e-mail me on Yahoo & I'll send you the scoop in 5-6 hours when I get up. But those of you going to a meeting need to WAIT & not spoil the fun of finding out with your cluster mates!!! ;)

Jan 4, 2010
  7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I didn't come to look. I hovered over the title and saw that you did a "made you look"!

Jan 4, 2010
  8. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

lol :) so funny! I am attending my meeting tonight and can't wait to find out. The only thing I have heard is that there will only be 3 levels....trip only. So no level one FREE conference, $$$ card, etc. Level One will be points & recruits. 2009 was my first year to reach points but only got 3 or the required 4 recruits. Need to work a little harder.

Jan 4, 2010
  9. RCKmom

RCKmom Member

I started back in August, so I didn't make it to any level last year. Hoping to get things rolling and at least make level one this year. I wasn't going to click and spoil tonight until I saw you were tricking us. lol I think if I knew then I probally wouldn't go to our meeting. It will take me about 50-55 minutes to get there, so then I would miss out on all the fun tonight!

Jan 4, 2010
  10. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

Well to be completely honest, I was hoping to find out. I am way to excited and can't wait. Unfortunately, I can't make the meeting. I fell going UP my stairs and sprained my ankle very bad and am on crutches. So if anyone wants to pm me some information I would love that. I will keep a secret! Will give me something to think about while laying in bed.

11. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I am at work tonight and frankly don't think I would brave the roads if I weren't. I have never achieved any level and am sure it won't be any more attainable this year. But it will be nice to see where people are going.

12. pattikake

pattikake Member

Did I miss something? Is everyone having their meeting tonight?

Jan 4, 2010
  13. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Tonight is National Back to Business cluster meeting night. We are going to learn where the new incentive trip is that we will be working for this year.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  14. DEBBI

DEBBI Member

Snowing here in pittsburgh,worried about getting to the meeting.

Jan 4, 2010
  15. Intrepid_Chef

No Jan. consultant news either. Not worried about the trip ... but I do want to know what's up with upcoming specials.

16. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

What's funny - is in the last Newswire, they had a link in there that took you to the info about the recruiting promotions for Jan-Feb. (In the "Directors: Download Back to Business Meeting Handouts Today" section - a Meeting Handout you can download). No trip info, but you can at least get THAT peak.

I just checked and it's still there.....if you have to peak at SOMETHING!

Jan 4, 2010
  17. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

What was funny is they messed up last week with the Dec 29th newswire. There was a Meeting Handout link for Directors for tonight's meeting, and it had the Jan-Feb Recruiting incentive in there. NOt a bad one...could be interesting! But I'm not telling. :) Might as well wait..you've waited this long. NO trip details there, and NO, you can't check the link now on the newswire. They plugged the hole and it doesn't work for those of us peons below director ;).

Jan 4, 2010
  18. pamperedpals

It is available for Team Leader's and above. ;)

19. pamperedpals

It will be posted tomorrow with all of the details of the meeting tonight.

20. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

Not anymore.

Jan 4, 2010
  21. pamperedpals

I was able to login just now and get it, however, not through the newswire. It was through other links.

22. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

That's how I used to feel!! Seriously, it is (not easy), but completely not as hard as you think it is to earn a trip. My hospitality director has put together a sheet that breaks it down to manageable bits what it will take to earn these trips!! I will post it later once everyone finds out about the trip(s)!! Don't write yourself off! If you are consistent with 2 shows a week you definitely can earn a trip!!!

Jan 4, 2010
  23. Sheila

Go to the CN section, TL & above should be able to see the "meeting handouts" for January which is where the recruiting/recruiter incentives are located. ;)

Jan 4, 2010
  24. Intrepid_Chef

Ha! I'm seriously lucky to have two shows a MONTH with my demanding work schedule. So I think that they are reserved for full-time consultants only, which is fine.

I'm just happy for the others.

I did go to last year's meeting ... and figured out that I'd have to sell like $60,000 to go anywhere. Plus the recruiting requirements. They just seem to get more unattainable every year.

Checked last January's consultant news. No new specials were announced, no promotions we didn't know about already.

25. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

When can we spill the beans? I cannot go to my meeting tonight, our car just went and dh had to bring it to our mechanic friend... I want to know!!!!!!!!

Jan 4, 2010
  26. SLDOWDY1978

SLDOWDY1978 Member

I was going to go but Hubby had to work late so I couldnt make it in time. I am DYING to know!!!

Jan 4, 2010
  27. Sheila

Any of you are welcome to e-mail me & I'll send it to you. I just didn't want to spoil it for the ones who are still waiting to go to their cluster meetings.

It's 10:50 AM here in Japan and I have a lunch date helping one of my recruits sign a recruit. So I'll only be home for another 30 min's or so, then gone for at least an hour.

Jan 4, 2010
  28. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I emailed you thanks!

29. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I know what it is but want the fine details tomorrow...sounds like an aweful big hill to climb.

Jan 4, 2010
  30. Sheila

I figured out that if I promote to Director & get 1 recruit a month, I only have to do 3 shows per month to earn the 2nd level! :D That's "doable" in my opinion!

Jan 4, 2010
  31. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I must need the details b/c the numbers I got tried to figure the same (promote) and 1 recruit per month and it didn't come out the same. It seemed really unattainable.

Jan 4, 2010
  32. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

I work a FT job and do PC PT. I always thought a trip was not something I would be able to earn but I was wrong. You have to recruit....think about it.....2000 points when they qualify! In 2009 I was able to achieve the sales points but was one recruit shy of Disney (had 3; needed 4). But that is OK because I was able to prove to myself that I can do it. Anything is doable. Don't think only FT Consultants go on trips. I have just returned from our meeting and I can tell you I am going on a trip next year! All expense paid trip to............................................! My husband is so excited! We have never been to ..........................! WOW!!!!

Sit down with a goal sheet and work it. Today is only the 4th day of 365. You can do it!

Jan 4, 2010
  33. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

What are your show averages? I'm trying to figure out your figures. I really have to crunch to see how to do a level 2 trip. I've figured out a level 1 and that's very doable.

34. hmolah

hmolah Member

Wow, I'm really excited about the trips - particularly the top two "levels". Of course, I'm confused with some of the above posts since they aren't really levels 1-4 anymore, but yet only 3 "levels" and called something else now....

But, the first destination didn't do much for me, but the next one.....whoa!!!!!!! Everything I hoped for and more! :D But, I agree, even as a TL with 8 shows a month - those points seem quite daunting!!!!! Am I nuts, or do we need to recruit like 30 people to even come close and have a consistent show schedule??? I'm trying to be positive, but when I heard the points tonight, my heart did sink a bit....:yuck:

Jan 4, 2010
  35. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Now I am very curious to know the trips and the points required! :cry::Dlol

Jan 4, 2010
  36. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I agree about level 1.

Jan 4, 2010
  37. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

One thing I will say about being able to earn the trip...

Whether you think you can or you think you can't... You're right.

38. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

"level 2" is 80,000 pts and 6 recruits, quite a jump from this year w/ points requirements. I don't know why we can't talk about this now....meetings should be over...

Jan 4, 2010
  39. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Heather....did you find out everything?

Jan 4, 2010
  40. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Don't give up before you start is what I have to say! Think about it. I am a Director and work about 7-10 shows a month. That is a PART-TIME JOB!!! EASILY!
    Trained to do 2 shows a week...NO MATTER WHAT! Recruit even just the required "minimum" for the trips and you CAN do it. I used to think it was WAY out of reach but you HAVE to change your thinking. SET A GOAL and then set a BACKUP GOAL! Post this goal EVERYWHERE!!! Tell EVERYONE you know about it and then change what you have been doing. GET ON THE PHONE!

41. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Interesting posts so far...here's my take on this year's program.

First, the DVD was hilarious! Check it out when they post it on CC.

The lowest level trip is nice, but not that interesting to me. With all due respect to people who live in that area, it's basically a "big city" trip, with the attendant art/shopping/food. I have been there and it is a lovely city with lots to see, do, eat, nice people and it's so clean (yeah not NYC). I am not real motivated, as that type of trip can be had for a few months of decent commission checks (and I live near a big city anyway)

The middle and highest level trips are wonderful....and TPC is gonna make us work for it! I totally get that, especially with lofty recruiting goals. Let's try to keep in mind that TPC is a business entity and they need to balance profit and costs. We already earn commission and free products; the incentive trip is not a given.

Tough love warning: To those who feel that any level is unattainable, for whatever reason (job, health issues, car issues, dearth of potential hosts, etc.), you will fulfill your prophecy and not earn the trip. It won't be anyone's fault but yours.

The double edged sword of direct sales is that YOU control your destiny. If you are willing to bust your tuchas and overcome obstacles (perceived or otherwise) you will reach your goals. If they include the incentive trip, you'll be putting TPC luggage tags on your bags next year.

CC and this site offer a wealth of ideas to increase sales, bookings, and recruits. Some of them may be outside your comfort zone (I know some are for me) but they are available to you if you really want to stretch yourself and reach for your goals.

As for me, I am still trying to wrap my head around how I will earn the middle level. A couple years ago I earned Level One (spa gift card) and last year my business was on the back burner. The toughest nut for me to crack is recruiting - to me it's not obvious like sales. I am between full time jobs right now (hopefully not for too long) so I can spend some time setting goals and strategies. One goal will be to learn how to sleep in an airplane, in anticipation for the long flight to the incentive destination!

So, onward to a new year of opportunity!

Jan 4, 2010
  42. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I texted my hubby as soon as we found out. We are both totally excited!

I AM GOING TO THE SILVER/GOLD LOCATION IF I HAVE TO HAND OUT CATALOGS ON STREET CORNERS!!!! We were there in 2002 (not with PC) and I would love to go back!

Jan 4, 2010
Have something to add?