• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the 2010 Calendar: Personal Reviews and Opinions

Chef Gilles got his in Canada yesterday...I'm assuming that means there was no mail delivery here in Ontario yesterday.I ordered mine from actionenvelope.com and it was about $25 for 100. I folded over the extra part of the envelope as I sealed them.BTW, I am patiently waiting for my consultant calendar as I am using printed pages for Jan and Feb right now since I have shows booked already.
I got mine today and I am not liking it like the rest of you. I don't like the layout and that it is like something that you would hang at your desk. I don't know how it is going to work in the black consultant planner that I have had for a few years now. I guess I will see.

I still didn't get mine!!! Maybe today!

Hating it. I don't get it. The month view is much more helpful. I am afraid I am going to just confuse MYSELF! lol

The basic layout is okay for me but I think it's too small. When they came out with the one on the download section I printed that on card stock and at the front of each month I printed the month from i calendar on my mac. At the beginning of each month I also have the host and guest special in sheet protectors so that as I'm trying to book a show I can show them what the host special is for that month. It is in a 3-ring not hard bound but like one a school kid wold have loose leaf and subject dividers. It works quite well for me.:)

jj16

I actually got one... It WILL take getting used to. Totally different than the month in view calander but it can be worked with. ;)

Still didn't get mine...

Mine hasn't come yet, either. :( I've been active - very active - since I signed in July.

Still waiting here :(

Haven't gotten mine either and I was active in September (joined at end of August) and qualified in October.

Haven't received mine, either, and I was active in both Sept and Oct (and several months prior). Are they sending them out in little tiny batches?

I received mine yesterday. Don't know what they were thinking. Maybe they thought by breaking our business down into 'two week views', we'd start thinking 'oh my, I need to schedule more shows to fill up this space.' That sounds way more snarky than I meant it, but I really think the new design is just blame dumb.

legacypc46 said:
I received mine yesterday. Don't know what they were thinking. Maybe they thought by breaking our business down into 'two week views', we'd start thinking 'oh my, I need to schedule more shows to fill up this space.' That sounds way more snarky than I meant it, but I really think the new design is just blame dumb.

I got mine the other day too. I'm not thrilled with the layout either. I wish it had been vertical like the weekly one we can download. I think it's hard to quickly look for a date, especially when working with a host. It was hard for both me and a potential host to find the right 'day' just glancing. I believe TPC did a week on each page for cost savings on printing.

I purchased a weekly calendar (with months and tabs) at Office Max the other day and received a 50% discount using our PC discount. I like that format much better, plus it's on recyclable paper -- FYI it is "At a Glance" Weekly I think I paid $8.99.

I'm working on the calendar that Rae mentioned. I finally got the insides edited this weekend (Word kept crashing on me), and now am trying to get the file uploaded to Cafe Press. They're apparently having some problems with their system. I'll post here when I finally get it there and available. It should be sometime today or tomorrow.

I'm not thrilled with the new format either. I went to schedule a show and it took TWO calendars to do it ... one to figure out my most likely dates off work, another to schedule the show. I wish they at least gave you the year at a glance and Dec. of 09.More of the "front load your calendar" stuff ... whatever happend to "YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY?"

yup got mine. its the weekly one....

im a minority i guess, I like it cuz it has more room... I think that I would have liked it even more if the spiral was on the side! But oh well...
i'm just happy they send it to us for free and maybe if we send them our suggestions they will make next years better... I think it would be cool to have 2 pages for every month that shows the month at a glance and then broke down weekly... I also think it should be a side binder, as I said before...:balloon:

I have not received mine yet, anyone else?

Chefstover2 said:
When I took the class at NC, they warned about the "dangers" of having a calendar that includes monthly AND weekly. Linda Bowles suggested to clip those pages together so guests won't see them.

I definitely thought I'd have a hard time making the transition, but boy-oh-boy is it ever making a difference in my show calendar. I don't even miss my monthly calendar. I just started thinking week by week. I love having room to put my daytime committments (volunteering at school, church activities, etc.) AND room for my available show times.

I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Yep, yep, yep...what she said!!

Whoo hoo! Mine finally came yesterday! It will take a little getting used to, but playing around with it last night (putting in already booked shows, and marking available dates), I sorta like it. :)

I had lunch on Wed. with my NED. She said that many upper level Directors have been making themselves heard about the lack of a month at a glance in the calendar. Her opinion was that if enough people let HO know that we'd also like monthly pages (I know I find it helpful to see the month all at one shot), then maybe they'll have a weekly/monthly next year.

I had a dream that I got my calendar but alas, no such thing has arrived in the mail.

I do not have my calendar yet either --and I have been active every month.

Still waiting for my calendar.:(

Mine just came yesterday. I won't be using it. Way too busy for me and I don't like how prominant the goals section is off to the side. I don't want the guests looking at that. (my personal choice). Glad I got my own planner that has monthly view (a must for me to be sane) and then daily.

I do have to agree with you Melissa about the goal section being so big. But I do like that it's there. I have just printed out the monthly glances and put them in between the sections so I can at least have the convenience of seeing it there :)

Sorry about the delay, everyone. I finally went with a different print on demand service for the calendar because Cafe Press seems to be having some issues with their document uploader (and I've tried it using different browsers and different operating systems). The 2010 CS Calendar can be found at:--- URL removed --- I just realized that Lulu has different margin requirements for their documents. I'll update the doc and repost the link when it's fixed.

Last edited:
Ann that looks awesome! I wish I didn't already get one b/c I surely would have used yours. A nice combination of monthly/weekly/specials/goals/3-2-1. You hit everything right on the head. Kudos on such a fabulous job. I'm sure many will benefit from your extraordinary work.

Ann, can you believe that after all that time bugging you I missed your post that the calendars were ready? Duh! Thanks so much for doing this. I'm excited that mine is on its way.

Hmmm... called HO last week that I was still missing my calendar. Still no calendar! Ann, I'm going to be checking yours out!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies