• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I switch waves at the 2008 National Conference for the Pampered Chef?

In summary, Just got this from my director. Did anyone else??? I did not hear anything....but thanks for posting! If this holds true, I'll be in wave 2 this year.......how about the rest of you? If it's right, I'll be in wave 1!!!!!!! Yea! Went from wave 3 to wave 2 to wave 1! I'm hoping to WALK too!
Debala715 said:
Well, if this holds true, I'll be in Wave 2 and wouldn't you know it, my birthday falls right in those wave dates! LOL Guess I'll be celebrating with my PC family instead of my own family. :D

I'll be spending my B-Day at conf. too!

How does this work? Any qualified consultant can attend? How sad is it that I don't know anyone above my recruiter!:(

Denarella said:
How does this work? Any qualified consultant can attend? How sad is it that I don't know anyone above my recruiter!:(

Of course!!!! All consultants, you can even attend if you sign that day!

Check your commission statement and you should see who is above you.

It lists a first line director, third line director and "Assigned to" but that's it....none of these are listed as the executive directors....boo hiss! But thank you for that info because I never knew that info either! LOL!

Denarella said:
It lists a first line director, third line director and "Assigned to" but that's it....none of these are listed as the executive directors....boo hiss! But thank you for that info because I never knew that info either! LOL!
Well if you tell us your 3rd line director, someone on here can probably tell you who she/he is under.

Joyce Pawlowski?

Denarella said:
Joyce Pawlowski?

I personally don't know but someone will! ...just wait for people to read this...

lol! thank you!!!:blushing: :balloon:

I know that name - it's a pretty well known name, so I am sure someone will know.

And even if you don't know anyone else - when you get to conference, there will be a whole bunch of cheffers waiting to meet you - no matter what wave you are in!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
I know that name - it's a pretty well known name, so I am sure someone will know.

And even if you don't know anyone else - when you get to conference, there will be a whole bunch of cheffers waiting to meet you - no matter what wave you are in!:D

I know it sounds goofy, but even my boyfriend is excited and wants to go! A weekend away, he says! So how does it work? What does wave mean? You only go those two or three days? Sorry Im so green on this....:yuck:

Denarella said:
I know it sounds goofy, but even my boyfriend is excited and wants to go! A weekend away, he says! So how does it work? What does wave mean? You only go those two or three days? Sorry Im so green on this....:yuck:
"wave" means which conference you go to. Because PC is such a big company, there are too many consultants to fit everyone in at one conference. There are 3 "waves" - or 3 separate (but the same) conferences. They are divided up by Executive directors - so when you find out who your Exec is, you will then be able to determine which wave you will attend.

And Conference is the most incredible time!

ChefBeckyD said:
"wave" means which conference you go to. Because PC is such a big company, there are too many consultants to fit everyone in at one conference. There are 3 "waves" - or 3 separate (but the same) conferences. They are divided up by Executive directors - so when you find out who your Exec is, you will then be able to determine which wave you will attend.

And Conference is the most incredible time!

Do hubby/boyfriends go? Would he be 'out of place'? Are there 'scheduled' sessions for just consultants where's he's not permitted to go?

Joyce is my 3rd line, but Robin Schilling is my second line. You could be under anyone if that is how it works. I don't think she is a NED, so talk to your recruiter because they could give you some insight.

If Robin is 2nd line above Joyce then she should be under Robin Schilling too...

Wave three here! I haven't been in years so I am looking forward to going back!

Whoo Hooo! Wave 1 this year!!!! I can't wait.:sing:

dcypcar.chef said:
Joyce is my 3rd line, but Robin Schilling is my second line. You could be under anyone if that is how it works. I don't think she is a NED, so talk to your recruiter because they could give you some insight.

I have an email into her now....

I'm wave 3. It will be my first time going. My dates are 17 - 19. Does anyone know when to arrive. I guess what is the general itinerary. Arrival and departure for travel purposes etc..

I'm also in wave 3 and I know that the suspence will kill me! (well, of course it wont really kill me but YKWIM!) I was wave 1 last year and now I have to wait my turn to find out all the exciting news....

Denarella said:
Do hubby/boyfriends go? Would he be 'out of place'? Are there 'scheduled' sessions for just consultants where's he's not permitted to go?
There are some scheduled activities just for spouses/signif. others........Someone who has had a spouse attend could probably tell you more. I will say though, that if you are thinking you will have large chunks of time to just hang out with him in the Windy City, than you probably need to schedule a day before or after the conference to do that. Conference time is jam-packed full, and you won't want to miss any of it!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
There are some scheduled activities just for spouses/signif. others........Someone who has had a spouse attend could probably tell you more. I will say though, that if you are thinking you will have large chunks of time to just hang out with him in the Windy City, than you probably need to schedule a day before or after the conference to do that. Conference time is jam-packed full, and you won't want to miss any of it!!!

So he cant attend the actual conference with me?

Denarella said:
So he cant attend the actual conference with me?
I'm pretty sure he can - but we also spend quite a bit of time in workshops, and during that time, they schedule golfing outings/baseball game outings...etc.....and there is also a special lunch for them then.

Spouses are totally welcomed! They don't go to workshops or general sessions (unless it is award time), but HO does a great job of including them. Spouses have the chance to win a PC shopping spree, HO tours, local Chicago sites etc. If your hubby is interested bring him!

missyciccolella said:
Spouses are totally welcomed! They don't go to workshops or general sessions (unless it is award time), but HO does a great job of including them. Spouses have the chance to win a PC shopping spree, HO tours, local Chicago sites etc. If your hubby is interested bring him!

I know they can go to General Sessions - I think they can actually go to anything at National Conf. if they want (you just have to pay for registration for them too). At Leadership Conference, I don't think they can attend sessions though.

No guests/spouses at Leadership - only National Conference.

missyciccolella said:

This isn't accurate... I took my mom as my guest to NC last summer and she was able to attend everything. She opted out of the workshops and attended the spouse/guest forum, all General Sessions and the Exec Banquet. It just depends on what your guest wants to attend and what they register for. This is the second time she went with me. The first time she attended with me in 1998 she attended all of the events including the workshops. She took workshops that I wasn't in and took amazing notes for me! It was awesome!

So if someone wants to take a guest they can attend whatever they want... they are never excluded from anything (except Leadership Summit!)

Last edited:
My recruiter told me that we techinally do not have an Executive Director and fall under the Home Office and that we are in the first wave....:confused:

Denarella said:
My recruiter told me that we techinally do not have an Executive Director and fall under the Home Office and that we are in the first wave....:confused:

You are Home Office Direct then as with many others...welcome to wave 1!

That means no one in your upline is that level or above....

That is true..no one is...Im an orphan:(

Denarella said:
That is true..no one is...Im an orphan:(

No, the group of HO Direct is VERY large. They have one of the bigger banquets.

Someone put is best as, "just think, your upline is Doris!!!!"

There are many HO direct people on here...if I remember right, Alison is and I think Crystal too...if you read last year (2007) nat'l conf. threads you'll find some.

I have no idea who any of my upline is except my director and she is not on there. What do I do?

mommylove_07 said:
I have no idea who any of my upline is except my director and she is not on there. What do I do?

Look at your commission statement to see who is above her...if it doesn't list someone on the list, contact your director and ask what ED you are under and what wave you are in.

Denarella said:

Hey - don't be sad! You are in wave 1 with a whole bunch of incredible Cheffers! (okay - for sure I know myself, Janet, JAE, and Paulette.....we are all under the same Executive Director!:D )

janetupnorth said:
No, the group of HO Direct is VERY large. They have one of the bigger banquets.

Someone put is best as, "just think, your upline is Doris!!!!"

There are many HO direct people on here...if I remember right, Alison is and I think Crystal too...if you read last year (2007) nat'l conf. threads you'll find some.

If you are a HO direct, make it your goal to become an Exec and have your own banquet! Plus, I believe you have the ability to call HO and ask questions you would normally ask your Exec - like about regional training and stuff.

Look at your commission statement to see who is above her...

Silly Silly question, but since I am new - where do I find my commission statement? Is it on CC or P3? I assume it's not mailed to me since I think I would have rec'd it by now....

Thanks!

Go to Consultant Corner > Managing your Business > Financial Forms and Requests > Commission Statement

Go to Consultant Corner > Managing your Business > Financial Forms and Requests > Commission Statement

Got it! Thanks!

:sing: :sing: :sing:

I am officially in Wave one!!!!:sing: :sing: :sing:

chefkristin said:
I am officially in Wave one!!!!:sing: :sing: :sing:

ME TOO!! FINALLY!!!:sing:

PampMomof3 said:
ME TOO!! FINALLY!!!:sing:
Hopefully I will get to spend more time with you at this one????

I know!! Deb and I did have fun at the last meet n greet. Man, I was so exhausted by the time I got home!!!

PampMomof3 said:
I know!! Deb and I did have fun at the last meet n greet. Man, I was so exhausted by the time I got home!!!
I think we should do a Meet-n-greet this time too but we should go to dinner or something.

chefkristin said:
I think we should do a Meet-n-greet this time too but we should go to dinner or something.

What? You don't like the alcoholic drinks?:)

PampMomof3 said:
What? You don't like the alcoholic drinks?:)
Ok drinks are good! But it should include dancing on the bar or something!! JK!!

Can't say I'm up for bar dancing, but I'll cheer you on. :)

I'll be on the side-lines with Rae cheering ya'll on! :D

Bring a camera, Crystal. We'll take blackmail pictures. Oh, wait! What happens at NC stays at NC. No blackmail. I promise.

I'm seriously considering going. It just sounds like a blast. My recruiter said to plan on about $1,000 between airfare, hotel, meals then whatever spending money. If I start saving now, its worth it! She said, in her opinion, the conference does gear more towards newer consultants and she's had a blast every year she's gone. She said the Leadership conference is even better.

Denarella said:
I'm seriously considering going. It just sounds like a blast. My recruiter said to plan on about $1,000 between airfare, hotel, meals then whatever spending money. If I start saving now, its worth it! She said, in her opinion, the conference does gear more towards newer consultants and she's had a blast every year she's gone. She said the Leadership conference is even better.

Sign up for conference club, and you can have the conference itself paid for. It's a painless way to save $$!!!

<h2>1. Should I switch waves at the 2008 National Conference for the Pampered Chef?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and schedule. If you feel like switching waves will allow you to attend more workshops or events that interest you, then it may be worth it. However, if you are happy with your current wave and have already planned out your conference schedule, it may be best to stick with it.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of switching waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?</h2><p>Switching waves can provide you with the opportunity to attend different workshops and events, meet new people, and experience a different atmosphere. It can also give you a chance to learn new skills and techniques from different presenters.</p><h2>3. How do I switch waves at the 2008 National Conference for the Pampered Chef?</h2><p>You can switch waves by contacting your director or the Pampered Chef conference team. They will be able to assist you with making the switch and providing you with a new schedule for your preferred wave.</p><h2>4. Is there a fee for switching waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?</h2><p>No, there is typically no fee for switching waves at the conference. However, if there are any additional costs associated with the workshops or events you want to attend in the new wave, you may need to cover those expenses.</p><h2>5. What if I am unable to switch waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?</h2><p>If you are unable to switch waves for any reason, there is still plenty of opportunities for learning and networking at the conference. You can attend workshops, meet with other consultants, and participate in other events during your scheduled wave. You can also connect with consultants from other waves through social media and online groups. </p>

1. Should I switch waves at the 2008 National Conference for the Pampered Chef?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and schedule. If you feel like switching waves will allow you to attend more workshops or events that interest you, then it may be worth it. However, if you are happy with your current wave and have already planned out your conference schedule, it may be best to stick with it.

2. What are the benefits of switching waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?

Switching waves can provide you with the opportunity to attend different workshops and events, meet new people, and experience a different atmosphere. It can also give you a chance to learn new skills and techniques from different presenters.

3. How do I switch waves at the 2008 National Conference for the Pampered Chef?

You can switch waves by contacting your director or the Pampered Chef conference team. They will be able to assist you with making the switch and providing you with a new schedule for your preferred wave.

4. Is there a fee for switching waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?

No, there is typically no fee for switching waves at the conference. However, if there are any additional costs associated with the workshops or events you want to attend in the new wave, you may need to cover those expenses.

5. What if I am unable to switch waves at the Pampered Chef National Conference?

If you are unable to switch waves for any reason, there is still plenty of opportunities for learning and networking at the conference. You can attend workshops, meet with other consultants, and participate in other events during your scheduled wave. You can also connect with consultants from other waves through social media and online groups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefChris