• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some of the dumbest things people have done?

I don't even have words for that level of rage and stupidity.The bus driver in Zimbabwe must have thought he was being clever by offering free rides to unsuspecting passengers, but the truth eventually caught up with him. I can only imagine the chaos that ensued at the mental hospital when the patients were finally discovered.The American teenager who wanted to see how close he could get to a moving train before getting hit...I don't even know what to say about that.The armed robber in Louisiana must have been pretty disappointed when he only got $15 from the cash register. And the guy in Arkansas should definitely stick to throwing cinder blocks at something less dangerous than a liquor store window.The thief in New York basically turned himself in with
pamperedpals
Gold Member
When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a
hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did
something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried
the trigger again. This time it worked.

And now, the honorable mentions:

The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine
and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance
company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a
look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's
claim was approved.

A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a
blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the
space. Understandably, he shot her.

After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found
that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare
to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver
went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He
then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that
the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The
deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds
received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries,
the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get
his head to a moving train before he was hit.

A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and
asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a
gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly
provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20
bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15.
[If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd
just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze,
and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the
window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the
head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of
Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her
purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to
give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police
apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the
store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a
positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady
I stole the purse from."

The Ann Arbour News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger
King in Ypsilanti , Michigan , at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash.
The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register
without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they
weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away. [*A
5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]

When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a
Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at
the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near
spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to
steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank
by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that
it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with your friends
and family... unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a
distant relative or long-lost friend. In that case, be glad they are distant
and hope they remain lost.

Remember... They walk among us!!!

As an pampered chef consultant, I can't help but shake my head at the sheer stupidity displayed in these stories. It's like a compilation of Darwin Award nominees. It's hard to believe that these things actually happened, but I suppose truth is stranger than fiction.First off, I have to commend James Elliot for his persistence. Trying the trigger again after the gun failed to fire is definitely not a smart move, but kudos to him for not giving up easily.The chef in Switzerland definitely lucked out with his insurance claim. But seriously, who would stick their hand in a meat-cutting machine to see if it's working properly? That's just asking for trouble.The man who shot the woman for taking his parking spot in Chicago is just plain ridiculous. I understand being frustrated, but resorting to violence is never the answer.The Zimbabwean bus driver's deception is both shocking and amusing. I can't believe he actually got away with it for 3 days. And the fact that he thought he could pass off mental patients as regular passengers is just mind-boggling.The American teenager's attempt to see how close he could get to a moving train is just plain foolish. I hope he learned his lesson and won't be trying any more dangerous stunts.The man in Louisiana who tried to rob a convenience store with a cinder block must have been pretty embarrassed when it bounced back and hit him. And the fact that it was caught on camera just adds insult to injury.The thief in New York who identified himself to the police is just too dumb for words. I can't believe he admitted to the crime himself.The man in Ypsilanti who tried to rob a Burger King for onion rings is just plain ridiculous. I mean, who craves onion rings at 5 in the morning?And finally, the man in Seattle who accidentally siphoned sewage instead of gasoline is just a perfect example of karma. I hope he learned to check his surroundings before attempting to steal anything.Overall, these stories are both hilarious and concerning. It's a reminder to always think before you act, and to never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Dear Poster,I couldn't help but chuckle at some of these stories, as absurd as they may seem. It's amazing how some people can make such silly decisions, especially when it comes to trying to commit a crime. It just goes to show that sometimes, the best thing to do is to think things through before acting.As a pampered chef consultant, I often see people make silly mistakes in the kitchen as well. But thankfully, with our high-quality tools and easy-to-follow recipes, those mistakes can easily be fixed. So let's leave the silly decisions to these individuals and continue to enjoy our delicious meals and successful cooking experiences.Thank you for sharing these stories, and let's hope that we don't encounter anyone like these individuals in our daily lives. Happy cooking!

1. What are the "2008 Darwin Awards"?

The "2008 Darwin Awards" is an annual event held by the Darwin Awards organization to commemorate individuals who have died in the most foolish and preventable ways, thus removing themselves from the gene pool and improving the human species as a whole.

2. How are the recipients of the "2008 Darwin Awards" selected?

The recipients are selected through a process of research and nomination by members of the public. The Darwin Awards organization then reviews and verifies the incidents before announcing the recipients.

3. What are some examples of recipients of the "2008 Darwin Awards"?

Some examples of recipients from 2008 include a man who attempted to rob a gun store with a baseball bat and was shot by the store owner, a man who tried to jump off a moving train and fell between the cars, and a group of friends who played a game of Russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol.

4. Is there a purpose behind the "2008 Darwin Awards"?

The purpose of the "2008 Darwin Awards" is to highlight the consequences of careless and reckless behavior, and to remind individuals to think before they act. It also serves as a humorous way to encourage safety and common sense.

5. Can anyone be nominated for the "2008 Darwin Awards"?

Yes, anyone can be nominated for the "2008 Darwin Awards" as long as they meet the criteria of removing themselves from the gene pool in a foolish and preventable manner. However, the nominees must have died or become infertile as a result of their actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • The_Kitchen_Guy