• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan Your 2006 Recognition Program with Director Sally Faulkner | Pampered Chef

In summary, Sally Faulkner is a Director of a company that promotes from within and provides a meeting/recognition program. She is looking to improve her program and has questions about how other directors run their meetings and what their recognition plan looks like. She also mentioned the prize for reaching $1000 in sales.
ClemsonTigerChef
Hi everyone -- this is my first time posting here, but I have popped in and out since hearing of CS over a year ago!

I promoted to Director December 1 (will be Dancin' across stage at Leadership next week!) and am trying set up my meeting/recognition program for the year.

I will be starting 2006 meeting with my director. We have tentatively set that we will alternate who leads meetings, and we each do our own recog's. I have been reading and listening to other directors and consultants, some of whom have several directors that work together to co-facilitate each meeting -- great thought!

Now to the reason I am here: I would like to know how you run your meetings and what your recognition plan looks. we are going to meet to plan how we want this year to go, and I would like to go to the meeting with ideas.

Things I like are the charms and getting to pick from our basket. What I want to do no matter what is to recognize everyone! Ohhhh, i could write and write, so I'll stop, and say, "THANK YOU" in advance!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Sally Faulkner
Director, SC
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefsally

ClemsonTigerChef said:
Hi everyone -- this is my first time posting here, but I have popped in and out since hearing of CS over a year ago!

I promoted to Director December 1 (will be Dancin' across stage at Leadership next week!) and am trying set up my meeting/recognition program for the year.

I will be starting 2006 meeting with my director. We have tentatively set that we will alternate who leads meetings, and we each do our own recog's. I have been reading and listening to other directors and consultants, some of whom have several directors that work together to co-facilitate each meeting -- great thought!

Now to the reason I am here: I would like to know how you run your meetings and what your recognition plan looks. we are going to meet to plan how we want this year to go, and I would like to go to the meeting with ideas.

Things I like are the charms and getting to pick from our basket. What I want to do no matter what is to recognize everyone! Ohhhh, i could write and write, so I'll stop, and say, "THANK YOU" in advance!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Sally Faulkner
Director, SC
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefsally

Sally I love the being on time basket pick drawing ~ we have to fill out something about what ourt goals for the next month. Sooooo many women arrive on time!

We have an on-time drawing. I've never won it, so I can't really remember what the prize is!

Then we get "my director bucks" for sales, recruits, bringing food, presenting a topic,etc, which we can redeem for things we want from VIP, Nancy's, etc.

Something my director did over August through November was whoever had $1,000 or more in sales got their name put in a drawing each month. My director did the drawing in December so if you had over $1,000 each month since August your name was entered 4 times. At our last meeting she announced who won the drawing and I won. The great thing was I won the roasting rack! I was so thrilled. Of course you don't have to have something that big but it was fun to try to get that much in sales each month so we could be entered in the drawing.

janel kelly said:
Something my director did over August through November was whoever had $1,000 or more in sales got their name put in a drawing each month. My director did the drawing in December so if you had over $1,000 each month since August your name was entered 4 times. At our last meeting she announced who won the drawing and I won. The great thing was I won the roasting rack! I was so thrilled. Of course you don't have to have something that big but it was fun to try to get that much in sales each month so we could be entered in the drawing.

Janel, is that for consultants who reached $1000 or hostesses? What a GREAT prize! Wow I love that.

It was just for us consultants in my director's cluster who had at least $1,000 or more in sales each month. I don't know how often she will do that kind of drawing again. Our first meeting of the year is this week so we'll see what is in store for us soon.

DebbieJ said:
We have an on-time drawing. I've never won it, so I can't really remember what the prize is!

Then we get "my director bucks" for sales, recruits, bringing food, presenting a topic,etc, which we can redeem for things we want from VIP, Nancy's, etc.
Debbie,

Please tell us more detail about the director bucks program. What denominations does she give for each thing. I assume that these bucks are something she's created. Does she already have the items for you to choose from or is she taking your orders when you redeem the bucks. This sounds like something I would like to do.

Thanks

I am sad to say that we don't do anything like that. Our cluster is so scattered that the only time we have large meetings is right before the new line comes out and everyone comes to it because they want to view the new products. We have a monthly meeting, but the only ones who come are our director, my recruiter and myself.

Our cluster does things like on time drawing (everyone brings 2 unstamped catalogs and only the ones who get there on time get a ticket to be drawn to win all the catalogs). I have attached a file that shows that we give POINTS for each month for things like attendance, recruiting, demo-ing a recipe, bring a guest/recruit, hi/lo sales, $1000 sales, teleclass participation, etc. At the end of the year, the points are tallied and then the REDEMPTION sheet is used to 'cash in' your earned points. Also for as many points as you received LAST MONTH then you get that many tickets for prize drawings during the meeting so it keeps the antipcation and incentives flowing. I have attached the form I revamped this year for my group. Hope it makes sense.

Attachments

• 2006 Points Redemption.doc
    86 KB · Views: 562
  • 2006 Cluster Incentives.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Movie BucketsOne thing my Advanced Director, Jackie, does is offer "Movie Buckets". She believes (and she is right) that the family is involved in a successful, thriving business. So, each month that we get $1250 in sales, or $1000 and a recruit, we get a $5 gift card to Hollywood video, a couple of bags of microwave popcorn, some candy, and some soda (she will customize to our own tastes). This way, the whole family gets a "thank you" and a pat on the back for the sacrifices and support.

My family loves this, and looks forward each month to our "Movie Bucket".

Happy Selling!!!

Last edited:
Monthly IncentivesMy director has monthly incentives that change each month. All are based on sales or number of shows.

One month she gave 20 catalogs to each consultant who had $1000 or more in sales.

Another month she gave one new fall product for submitting 4 shows, 2 new fall products for having $1250 in sales and 3 new fall products for signing a recruit who qualifies her first months.

Last month she gave a Franklin Covey organizer to each consultant who submitted 2 shows in December.

She also has a monthly cluster newsletter that she emails us. Includes information like who had top sales, who had top show, who had most bookings, her stats, who won current incentives for the month, etc.

I am SO jealous!The only thing I ever get from my director is an email once a month telling me who the top five sellers were. I want prizes, too! :D

Have a great day,
Sandy

ChefSandyK said:
The only thing I ever get from my director is an email once a month telling me who the top five sellers were. I want prizes, too! :D

Have a great day,
Sandy
Sandy,
Do you go to cluster meetings? That's where our cluster does all the fun recognition stuff and the extra little fun prizes. Even hospitality directors should be including their hospitality consultants in stuff like that in meetings. Those make it fun and rewarding! :)

MeetingsBecky,
Actually, I do go to meetings with a hospitality director. My "real" director is in another state, which I'm sure is why I only hear from her via the email once a month. My hospitality director is WONDERFUL for taking me in...we just don't do a who bunch of prizes. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't expect her to do them for me...she is, after all, involving me out of the goodness of her heart, and I REALLY appreciate it. It's just kinda disappointing to hear all the neat things other directors out there do for their clusters and not be part of it. :( (What can I say, I like prizes...lol).

Have a great night,
Sandy

ChefSandyK said:
The only thing I ever get from my director is an email once a month telling me who the top five sellers were. I want prizes, too! :D

Have a great day,
Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear that your hospitality director doesn't have monthly incentives! I believe my director started doing it a couple months after I became a consultant, so she didn't always have incentives. And actually, she doesn't do them EVERY month. And I think she started doing it because most of the consultants in our cluster frequently had minimal sales. :p

Do you think it would be rude to ask your director about them? Maybe ask her if she'd like to run a promotion just to see if it would help the other consultants in the cluster to reach for higher sales?

I havent been to a meeting since Aug since my director is in another state and i dont have a hospitality director but i know she always for the top seller has them sit at the head of the table with a crown. I was bummed i did not make it to the meeting when i was #1 in sales :( But she mails me all the info that happened at the meetimgs plus something small with a cute saying on it if i am in the top sales.

Incentives
cat said:
Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear that your hospitality director doesn't have monthly incentives! I believe my director started doing it a couple months after I became a consultant, so she didn't always have incentives. And actually, she doesn't do them EVERY month. And I think she started doing it because most of the consultants in our cluster frequently had minimal sales. :p

Do you think it would be rude to ask your director about them? Maybe ask her if she'd like to run a promotion just to see if it would help the other consultants in the cluster to reach for higher sales?

I would NEVER ask my hosptality director about incentives...like I said, I am grateful for being so warmly welcomed into her cluster. She always makes me feel so very welcomed, makes sure I am on email loops, etc. As far as I'm concerned, she is doing much more than required.

As for my "real" director...who knows what she does? It's possible she does have incentives at her meetings and just doesn't include me because I'm long distance. Like I said, the only info I ever get from her is the email with the cluster standings. It doesn't include info from the meetings or anything like that. (Her website link from CC hasn't been updated since at least last Easter...there's no date on it, so I'm assuming it was Easter 2005. :) )

In any case, PC is very generous without the additional director perks. My point in posting was just to let people who are getting additional perks like new products, catalogs, or the planner know how lucky they are to be part of their clusters.

Have a great day,
Sandy

Recognition!WOW, some of your Directors give great recogniton! :D Also remember ladies that it is not the momento, but the moment!

Our top seller, gets top seller seating with balloons and fun! :p

We do a lot of candy recognition...like smarties and paydays. My favorite one to get is the Snickers! (Snicker, Snicker you beat your Director!)

We also give a lot of products away. My director and I both earned 2 full sets of new products, so we will have a lot to give away!! I LOVE TO GIVE IT AWAY!!

I was taught not to start recognizing at a level I couldn't afford once my cluster grew larger, so I would never do things like a Franklin Covey Binder for 2 shows! I would not be able to keep up my team like that! But of course when I promote a couple more levels, then we might be talking!

Here is my recognition if anyone is still looking for ideas! My Director and I do our meetings together, so we built this together!

As far as hospitality is concerned, it is up to your Director to recognize you, not the hospitality Director. Now, I have a consultant in hospitality that I pay the hosp. Director for her recognition. Instead of following my recognition, it is easier for her to keep with her line of recognition. I give this director the stats and such for my recruit and I pay her for any recognition she does on my behalf!! I think this is the only fair way to do it!

Attachments

• Cluster recognition 2006.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
ChefSandyK said:
I would NEVER ask my hosptality director about incentives...like I said, I am grateful for being so warmly welcomed into her cluster. She always makes me feel so very welcomed, makes sure I am on email loops, etc. As far as I'm concerned, she is doing much more than required.

As for my "real" director...who knows what she does? It's possible she does have incentives at her meetings and just doesn't include me because I'm long distance.

Recognition for hospitalityI provide recognition for my hospitality consultants, because it was agreed to when I first accepted the responsibility of helping and welcoming them. I do not ask to be reimbursed, I feel what goes around comes around and it is all about doing for one another.

I would suggest asking your director what was originally agreed upon when she requested hospitality for you. Could be she assumed the hospitality director would provide recognition and incentives. And we all know we should never assume anything!

My hospitality director always includes me in her recognition. My "real" director asked me if she was including me and I told her yes. Every once in awhile I will receive a postcard, note or maybe a smartie or something from my "real" director, but for the most part I get all of my recognition from my hospitality director. I email her to let her know what I have submitted, shows I have booked, etc.

Every time we call or email my hospitality director, she puts our name in a basket. At our monthly meeting she will draw a name...must be present to win...and that person wins a prize. Whe also has an on time drawing. Each Fall and Spring she will give away some of the new products. She recognises her top 3 salespersons with special gifts and if I have done anything wonderful, she will give me a special gift also. She also sends me her newsletter with her cluster stats, ideas and other information. Although I am not include in her stats, she always recognizes my accomplishments and gives me a lot of encouragement. I wouldn't be here without her. My "real" director is over 3 hours away. I could never drive that far to meetings. And, I do not expect her to drive that far to see me. We talk on the phone occasionally and we email each other. I am so happy...and lucky...to have such a great hospitality director.

What is the 2006 Recognition Program?

The 2006 Recognition Program is a program designed to recognize and reward top-performing Pampered Chef consultants for their hard work and dedication throughout the year.

How do I qualify for the 2006 Recognition Program?

To qualify for the 2006 Recognition Program, you must meet certain sales and recruiting goals set by Pampered Chef. These goals vary depending on your level within the company.

What are the benefits of participating in the 2006 Recognition Program?

Participating in the 2006 Recognition Program can bring many benefits, including cash bonuses, free products, and recognition among your peers. Additionally, it can help you grow your business and achieve your goals within Pampered Chef.

When will the results of the 2006 Recognition Program be announced?

The results of the 2006 Recognition Program will be announced at the annual Pampered Chef conference, usually held in the early months of the following year. You will also receive a notification from Pampered Chef if you qualify for any rewards or recognition.

Can I still participate in the 2006 Recognition Program if I join Pampered Chef later in the year?

Unfortunately, the 2006 Recognition Program is only open to consultants who have been with Pampered Chef for the entire year. However, you can still work towards qualifying for the following year's program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newbietoPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • almondfarm