• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Ribs in an Oven: Tips & Techniques

In summary, to cook ribs in the oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place ribs onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Check the temperature and continue baking if needed at 350 degrees.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I have the ribs and want to make them tonight or tomorrow night. Here's the issue - I can't "cook" them in my microwave because it is somewhat damaged and I don't trust that it will cook evenly and thoroughly. Can I cook them in the oven (like the 30 minute chicken can be done) until the correct temp using the same technique? If not, how should I cook them before putting them on the grill pan?

Anyone have ideas???? I'm a bit impatient because I want to do it tonight :D

Sure- try them in the oven! It can't hurt. :) I'd go at 350 for 30 minutes, and then check the temp.

Thanks!rassafrackin too short message....

Kate, are you making these just for yourself or practice for a show? Personally, I'd bake them longer, like 2 hours at 275-300 degrees, and then put them on the grill pan. They're much more tender if they bake longer. They're probably done after half an hour, but won't be super-tender.

P.S. I made ribs yesterday in the slow cooker. Just put the ribs in, covered with bbq sauce, set it to low, and in 6 hours they were falling-apart- delicious! Of course, that doesn't show off any of our products, but man, were they good!

dianevill said:
Kate, are you making these just for yourself or practice for a show? Personally, I'd bake them longer, like 2 hours at 275-300 degrees, and then put them on the grill pan. They're much more tender if they bake longer. They're probably done after half an hour, but won't be super-tender.

P.S. I made ribs yesterday in the slow cooker. Just put the ribs in, covered with bbq sauce, set it to low, and in 6 hours they were falling-apart- delicious! Of course, that doesn't show off any of our products, but man, were they good!

I have to agree with Diane......ribs are best done at a lower temp for a longer time period.

I am making these for myself so I can see how they would be at a show. I know that cooking them in the DCB at a show will work, I just don't think my microwave will be safe because of the damage.

I did them yesterday in the micro they were awesome!!!!I know that is no help to you..but I thought I'd tell you..maybe it's time for a new MICROWAVE!!!!

1. Can I cook ribs in the oven?

Yes, you can definitely cook ribs in the oven. In fact, oven-baked ribs can turn out just as delicious as ribs cooked on a grill or smoker. It's a convenient and easy way to make ribs, especially if you don't have access to an outdoor grill.

2. How long do I cook ribs in the oven?

The cooking time for ribs in the oven can vary depending on the type of ribs and the temperature you are cooking them at. Generally, it takes around 2-3 hours at 300°F for baby back ribs and 3-4 hours for spare ribs. However, it's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.

3. Should I wrap the ribs in foil while cooking in the oven?

Wrapping the ribs in foil is a popular technique for keeping them moist and tender while cooking in the oven. However, it's not necessary to wrap them if you prefer a crispy exterior. If you do choose to wrap them, make sure to leave one end of the foil open to allow for some ventilation.

4. How do I make sure the ribs are not dry when cooking in the oven?

To prevent dry ribs, it's important to use a cooking method that will keep the ribs moist, such as wrapping them in foil or basting them with sauce. You can also try marinating the ribs beforehand to add flavor and moisture. Using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature can also help prevent overcooking and dryness.

5. Can I use a rub or seasoning on the ribs before cooking in the oven?

Absolutely! Using a rub or seasoning on your ribs before cooking in the oven is a great way to add flavor. Just make sure to pat the ribs dry before applying the rub to ensure it sticks. You can also add sauce during the last 30 minutes of cooking for a delicious glaze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • shelly.nurse