• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Ribs in 20 Minutes: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the consensus in the other thread was that the BBQ ribs were good - not "restaurant great", but still pretty good for 20-minute dinner.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
Has anyone demoed the BBQ RIBS in 20 mins yet?? If so what kind of tips do you have.. that you can share!!

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about them.
I'm making them tonight for dinner. The consensus in the other thread was that they were good - not "restaurant great", but still pretty good for 20-minute dinner.

Hey, I'm making them for dinner tonight too!! Just got back from the store!

Leah - I made them last week for dinner. They were fabulous!!! I haven't made them for a show yet and not sure if I would. You spend a lot of time by the microwave and on the stove (making the sauce and then grilling the ribs after they are done in the microwave). I would definitely tell them about it though.

Do they taste ok without the grilling as a last step?Thanks!

Mary- I really think grilling them adds to the flavor. I did half of mine in the grill pan and half on my BBQ grill. I liked the ones outside on my grill better, but the grill pan ones were still good too!

If you don't have the grill pan, I would still "sear" them in a medium hot pan!

Honstly I did not want to do this recipie for this show... I wanted to do the 30 min chicken...... But she asked me for thsi one.....I am going to have the bbq sacue made already ebfore the show......

mommyhugz1978 said:
Honstly I did not want to do this recipie for this show... I wanted to do the 30 min chicken...... But she asked me for thsi one.....I am going to have the bbq sacue made already ebfore the show......
What is making you reluctant to do it? Is it the time in the kitchen away from the guests? You might make the ribs before anyone arrives and have your host keep them warm in a low oven (someone correct me if that's not a good idea... don't want to dry them out but I would think a 200 oven would be ok for 20 minutes or so). Or you could do them ahead and serve them at the beginning of your show, let your host attest to how easy they were to make, and if you really want to do a "live" demo, demo a dessert while they are munching on their ribs.

Just cleaned up the dinner dishes...the ribs scored major points with the family..or course I am going to be scrubbing sauce out of my 3yr olds shirt. They were really tasty, the meat didn't fall off the bone but they were very edible only 2 left over.I like the idea of pre-making them and demo-ing a desert

KellyTheChef said:
Mary- I really think grilling them adds to the flavor. I did half of mine in the grill pan and half on my BBQ grill. I liked the ones outside on my grill better, but the grill pan ones were still good too!

If you don't have the grill pan, I would still "sear" them in a medium hot pan!

Thanks...I'm thinking to finish them off on the BBQ

Gwen

I made these for my family tonight too!!

I haven't done them at a show yet so I can't help you there. But they taste great.

Kelly V.

dwyerkim said:
What is making you reluctant to do it? Is it the time in the kitchen away from the guests? You might make the ribs before anyone arrives and have your host keep them warm in a low oven (someone correct me if that's not a good idea... don't want to dry them out but I would think a 200 oven would be ok for 20 minutes or so). Or you could do them ahead and serve them at the beginning of your show, let your host attest to how easy they were to make, and if you really want to do a "live" demo, demo a dessert while they are munching on their ribs.

To answer all of your questions.... I was reluctant and still am... becasue this recipe does not show any products at all!!! so while the ribs were cooking and I made the sauce..... I just talked about the products that I didn't use.. and higher priced items!!! The food is good... just not one to demo ...... IMHO!

I thought they were good, and they demo more than it seems like at first glance:
cutting board
boning knife (cross-sell forged collection)
salt and pepper mill (cross sell seasonings)
DCB (cross sell other stoneware)
easy read measuring cup
cookware (both saucepan and grill pan)
Measure all cup
Adjustable measuring scoop
adjustable measuring spoon
BBQ Rub
scraper collection
stainless/silicone whisk
SS mixing bowls (cross sell batter bowls)
chef's tongs
oven mitt and hot pad
thermometer
silicone basting brush
clock/timer
SA (serve)By making a pan of the garlic bites while the ribs are cooking, you can add:
cookware again (this time, showing that it's oven-safe)
garlic press
mini serving spatulaWhat I'd be wary about is the cost. I got my ribs on sale (half price!) 2 weeks ago, but if they weren't on sale they'd be ridiculous. Of course, the rest of the ingredients aren't expensive, so the only real cost is the meat.

I just got off the phone with my Director, and we're going to make these at our cluster meeting tonight. I warned her to have wet-naps available, as they are fantastic, but messy.

The one thing I had a little trouble with was cutting off the membrane. It kept splitting so I had to keep digging at it with the point of the knife to restart it.

DH thinks I should make them for Thanksgiving. :) (I like to make non-traditional things to keep his family guessing. Otherwise, every single family meal with them would be exactly the same thing.)

When I made these last night I used boneless spareribs and they were great.
I don't know how others feel but I think they tasted the same.

My 2 Cents!

Kelly V.

chefann said:
I thought they were good, and they demo more than it seems like at first glance:
cutting board
boning knife (cross-sell forged collection)
salt and pepper mill (cross sell seasonings)
DCB (cross sell other stoneware)
easy read measuring cup
cookware (both saucepan and grill pan)
Measure all cup
Adjustable measuring scoop
adjustable measuring spoon
BBQ Rub
scraper collection
stainless/silicone whisk
SS mixing bowls (cross sell batter bowls)
chef's tongs
oven mitt and hot pad
thermometer
silicone basting brush
clock/timer
SA (serve)

By making a pan of the garlic bites while the ribs are cooking, you can add:
cookware again (this time, showing that it's oven-safe)
garlic press
mini serving spatula

What I'd be wary about is the cost. I got my ribs on sale (half price!) 2 weeks ago, but if they weren't on sale they'd be ridiculous. Of course, the rest of the ingredients aren't expensive, so the only real cost is the meat.

Well now that you broke down the demo those are the products that I did demo....... however... like you Ann I am a little concerned about the cost of the ingredients... some of them I had at home... but the meat was ridiculously priced..... I paid almost $15.00 for a rack of ribs.... now I used the ribs that the recipe called for..... remember this is the first time I have ever made them.... My DH suggested that I buy all the ingredients as if I didn't have them at home to see how much it would cost....... so I left him with the grocery list to buy yesterday... he wants to make them for dinner to night while I am at school...... It cost almost $30.00 :yuck: becasue of the cost of meat.......:yuck: Oh well.. it's a good recipe......... but its an expensive one!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
but the meat was ridiculously priced..... I paid almost $15.00 for a rack of ribs.... now I used the ribs that the recipe called for..... remember this is the first time I have ever made them.... My DH suggested that I buy all the ingredients as if I didn't have them at home to see how much it would cost....... so I left him with the grocery list to buy yesterday... he wants to make them for dinner to night while I am at school...... It cost almost $30.00 :yuck: becasue of the cost of meat.......:yuck: Oh well.. it's a good recipe......... but its an expensive one!!
I agree. Maybe consultants who want to offer this recipe should keep their eyes open for sales and stock up. I did that with chickens a couple weeks ago. Meijer had whole chickens for 79 cents a pound, so I got 4 of them and just put them into the freezer. My next 30-minute chicken show, I'll just pull one out the day before and let it thaw in the fridge. I could do that with ribs, too.

chefann said:
I agree. Maybe consultants who want to offer this recipe should keep their eyes open for sales and stock up. I did that with chickens a couple weeks ago. Meijer had whole chickens for 79 cents a pound, so I got 4 of them and just put them into the freezer. My next 30-minute chicken show, I'll just pull one out the day before and let it thaw in the fridge. I could do that with ribs, too.

I wish they would have a good meat sale at Safeway one of these days... so I could stock up on meats.... My host have been wanting the jerk chicken nachos ... but I want to start offering the 30 min chicken and ribs more.......

Leah,
I did the jerk chicken nachos for my show thursday and used the 30 minute chicken. I prepped the chicken at home, and popped it into my hosts microwave as soon as I got there. Then when I started my show, I had a guest come up and carve the chicken to oh and ah over how juicy and tender it was.over 600 in sales and 3 bookings, I'm loving it!!!

amyv said:
Leah,
I did the jerk chicken nachos for my show thursday and used the 30 minute chicken. I prepped the chicken at home, and popped it into my hosts microwave as soon as I got there. Then when I started my show, I had a guest come up and carve the chicken to oh and ah over how juicy and tender it was.

over 600 in sales and 3 bookings, I'm loving it!!!

You used the chicken from the 30 min chicken recipe for the jerk chicken nacho's???

That's actually a great way to show more products. The nachos call for cooked chicken, so you can do it in the micro and then cut it up. You can even use boneless breasts and do them in the DCB (10 minutes).

Man I am cheap I just bought grilled chicken lunch meat ( pre-cooked) and I shread it with the food chooper and layer it on the nacho's

If you get a bag of frozen boneless chicken breasts on sale, they'll actually be less than lunchmeat, per pound. And a couple breasts should be enough for the nachos. Leave the rest in the freezer for the next time you need a couple pieces.

chefann said:
If you get a bag of frozen boneless chicken breasts on sale, they'll actually be less than lunchmeat, per pound. And a couple breasts should be enough for the nachos. Leave the rest in the freezer for the next time you need a couple pieces.

I will have to try it with my family to see how it works!!

YUCK :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I do NOT like the BBQ Ribs AT ALL!

I love bbq baby back ribs, but like them falling off the bone. Is the meat tender??

It's tender, but not falling off the bones tender. To do that, you really have to cook them low and slow.We had a idea last night at my cluster meeting about this recipe. We were all concerned about price, and unless we stock up on ribs when they're on sale or from a warehouse club, hosts will end up paying a pretty penny for this recipe. So we thought that it would be good with chicken drumsticks. They're meaty, easy to eat, cheap, and would be really good prepared exactly the way the recipe directs.

1. How do I make BBQ ribs in 20 minutes?

To make BBQ ribs in 20 minutes, you can use a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Simply season your ribs, place them in the cooker with some liquid (such as broth or BBQ sauce), and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Then finish them off on the grill or under the broiler for a few minutes to get that BBQ flavor and char.

2. Can I use any type of ribs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ribs for this recipe. Baby back ribs, spare ribs, and beef ribs all work well. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as larger or thicker ribs may require a few extra minutes in the pressure cooker.

3. How do I know when the ribs are done?

The best way to determine if your ribs are done is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the ribs should reach at least 145°F for pork and 160°F for beef. You can also check for tenderness by poking the meat with a fork - it should be easily pierced and starting to pull away from the bone.

4. Can I use a different type of sauce for the BBQ ribs?

Yes, you can use any type of BBQ sauce or even make your own homemade sauce. Just make sure to use enough liquid in the pressure cooker to create steam and prevent the ribs from drying out.

5. Do I need to marinate the ribs before cooking?

No, you do not need to marinate the ribs before cooking them in the pressure cooker. The high pressure and steam will infuse the meat with flavor and make them tender. However, if you prefer to marinate your ribs beforehand, you can do so for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampchefrhondab