• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making 2 Step Fudge - Time to Firm Up?

In summary, the conversation discusses a 2 step fudge recipe and the question of how long it takes to firm up in the fridge before serving. A suggestion is made to use a stone in the freezer to help with the cooling process, which takes about 15-20 minutes. The recipe is also mentioned to be a crowd favorite and can be made in advance to save time. The expert recommends leaving the fudge in the fridge for at least 2 hours for it to fully set before serving.
mjs2052
I have a host that wants to make the 2 step fudge in addition to another item I am doing. I've never made the 2 step fudge but the recipes seems simple enough. Question though, how long does it take to firm up in the fridge before it can be served?

Thanks!
Melissa

If you place the fudge on parchment paper you can put a Stone in the freezer and help with cooling process. After you use the EAD on the parchment paper pull the Stone out of the freezer, and put the parchment paper on the Stone. It seems to take at least 15-20 minutes this way.

Two step fudge- ? Never heard of it! What's the recipe?

tlag1986 said:
If you place the fudge on parchment paper you can put a Stone in the freezer and help with cooling process. After you use the EAD on the parchment paper pull the Stone out of the freezer, and put the parchment paper on the Stone. It seems to take at least 15-20 minutes this way.

Great idea about putting the stone in the freezer and then placing the Parchment paper on the cold stone!

I made this all last year during the holiday season. I used mini paper cups in the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan and used the EAD to pipe in the fudge. Then I had the host put it in the fridge. If I did this recipe first and put it in the fridge, it was usually ready by the time the second recipe was cooked/completed.

Your idea about the stone in the freezer saves the hassle of the host trying to find room in the fridge for the MMP.

Hi Melissa,Thank you for reaching out! The 2 step fudge recipe is definitely a crowd favorite and it's great that your host wants to make it in addition to another item. The fudge typically takes about 2 hours to firm up in the fridge, but I recommend leaving it in for a bit longer to ensure that it is fully set before serving. It's always better to err on the side of caution and have perfectly firm fudge rather than a slightly soft one. I hope your host and their guests enjoy the fudge! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of chocolate for the fudge?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the fudge. However, we recommend using high-quality chocolate for the best results.

2. How long does the fudge take to firm up?

The fudge will take approximately 2 hours to firm up in the refrigerator. However, this may vary depending on the temperature of your fridge.

3. Can I add nuts or other toppings to the fudge?

Yes, you can add nuts or other toppings to the fudge before it sets in the refrigerator. Simply sprinkle them on top of the fudge before it firms up.

4. Can I double the recipe to make more fudge?

Yes, you can double the recipe to make more fudge. Just make sure to use a larger pan or dish to accommodate the increased amount of fudge.

5. Can I use the microwave to melt the chocolate and condensed milk?

Yes, you can use the microwave to melt the chocolate and condensed milk. Just make sure to heat them in short intervals and stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC