• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can someone share a 2 step fudge recipe?

In summary, the recipe for 2 step fudge is easy to follow, but you may need an easier product to use with it. You just melt the chocolate chips and frosting together and put it into mini muffin cups. You can either use your cookie press or your EAD to do this.
lacychef
Okay, I know I've seen it talked about here & I know it's easy....but I cannot for the life of me find the recipe for 2 step fudge. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance:D

You just take a bag of chocolate chips and a tub of icing. Use any flavor you like. I melt them together in the micro cooker or the small batter bowl, not on full strength. I have a candy button on my microwave.

I put it in the easy accent decorator with the large star tip and put them on parchment paper. I read somewhere someone has put it in the new floral silicone pan.

Ann

Oh thanks! I knew it was a tub of frosting, but wasn't sure of the other ingredient!

It is so easy and quick!!!

According to the kids cookbook its the same thing but you melt the chocolate chips and then add the frosting and stir til its not shiny anymore lol Dont know if this makes a difference but figured I'd say it. Obviously if you nuked both and it worked then hey! I learned something new!

TinasKitchen said:
According to the kids cookbook its the same thing but you melt the chocolate chips and then add the frosting and stir til its not shiny anymore lol Dont know if this makes a difference but figured I'd say it. Obviously if you nuked both and it worked then hey! I learned something new!

hey:confused: couldnt you use the decorator bottles for these (with kids) instead of the EAD? hehe I can be so blonde some days lol

Make sure that you don't overheat the mixture, otherwise it separates and sets up funny.

I just made this for our Annual Customer and Host Appreciation night that we had last night. I used MILK choc chips and MILK choc frosting for some and Ande's Mint chips and milk choc frosting for the others. I used my EAD with the star tip and pressed them out into mini muffin cups. Too cute! (Wal-Mart has Christmas themed mini papers.)

KellyTheChef said:
Make sure that you don't overheat the mixture, otherwise it separates and sets up funny.

I just made this for our Annual Customer and Host Appreciation night that we had last night. I used MILK choc chips and MILK choc frosting for some and Ande's Mint chips and milk choc frosting for the others. I used my EAD with the star tip and pressed them out into mini muffin cups. Too cute! (Wal-Mart has Christmas themed mini papers.)

I make brownie cups and fill them with fudge instead of the tuxedo brownie filling. mmm. And I nuke the chips only and then add the frosting. :)

I don't have the EAD or cookie press. If I made this with a full bag of chips and a can of icing, do you think it would fit in the small bar pan?

If you use your cookie press or your EAD, when do you put the mixture in the product? Do you wait until its chilled for awhile or do you do it right away?

I put it in right away because if it sets up its too hard to squeeze the easy accent decorator and you may break it. If it gets too had to renuke it for a couple of seconds. I just put my out on wax paper on a cookie sheet and it's been so cold here at night I let them harden up outside! you can always put it in the fridge and always store in the fridge.

Melissa-should can put in the bar pan.

Ann

I am making it tomorrow by melting the icing in the new cookware then putting part of it into the EAD and pouring the rest on parchment paper like the kids book...I want more January shows:)

Just made some with mint chips and choc. frosting, ymm!

I think that my fave are the chocolate with mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs in between layers, handheld s'mores, MMM. I made a huge batch earlier this year for the teacher appreciation day and sent them with my son. I of course had to taste-test one and I thought why am I giving these away, these are so good, lol. I had made some with cherry frosting and white chocolate chips, and this guy said they tasted just like cherry mash, he ate like 4 of them, I took one bite and was like ughh that is way too sweet.

I made some of this Friday night for my Lia Sophia party and really wasn't impressed. I bought Herseys chip and the icing was triple chocolate from Betty Crocker. Maybe I should have just bought reg. chocolate icing. IMO it just tasted like hardened icing. After it chilled overnight it was a little better but still nothing like fudge.

I use cheapo icing and chocolate chips unless I am doing different flavors, and I like to put them in the freezer to make sure they are not too messy.

I dont know if a tub of frosting & choc chips sounds yumm... anyone personally try it?!

ChefBurke said:
I dont know if a tub of frosting & choc chips sounds yumm... anyone personally try it?!
I had some at my director's home and it was delicious! I couldn't believe it when she told me how she made it.

ChefBurke said:

I wouldn't say it was nasty, I mean chocolate is chocolate, but it's DEFINATELY not 'fudge' IMO.

I had one woman go nuts, she said she used to make candy for the stores to sell especially at christmas time, and she had never tasted anything like that and couldn't figure out what it was made of and when I told her she almost fell over.

I like it as a quick and easy, but I LOVE the fudge recipe that is on the back of the marshmallow cream jar.

jdavis said:
I like it as a quick and easy, but I LOVE the fudge recipe that is on the back of the marshmallow cream jar.

Oh yeah it's tastes good for as quick and easy as it is to make and I will def. make it again!! I think it's a good chocolate candy, I just don't know if it should be called fudge. They turn out really pretty when you do them w/the star tip on the EAD too!

me too, me too
jdavis said:

until I found out about the 2 step that was the only fudge I ever made. PC fudge is good, easy and fun (when with the kids), but I only make it for others and its more like a dinner mint.

My mother does this every year for Christmas...tons of icing 'fudge'. But she makes a really good peanut butter flavored one and sometimes adds nuts to them too. They turn out really well and everyone likes them. She puts them in those decorative tins and gives them as gifts, so they turn out really thick.

They definately are better when you add things to them! I love milk chocolate, so I've only tried variations with that... I believe that you need to use name brand frosting and chips...the cheapo didn't taste good to me. My variations:
I've topped the chocolate with chopped m&m's, reese's pieces, skor bar, andes mints, and different nuts. I can't wait to do crushed candy canes on top for chirstmas!
I have also added some marshmallow cream to the mixture, and it tasted better and made it a less dense and frosting tasting, but it also didn't stick together as well.
The first time I made it I put 1/2 in the small oval baker and 1/2 in the small bar pan, due to limited stones. Now I use the large bar pan, and just sprinkle different toppings in rows so that one batch makes an assortment. Since it is also pretty thick, you don't have to spread it to the edges...you can keep it on one end if you want it to be thicker. Always use parchment paper....SO EASY!

Jennifer those are some great ideas! I think it would be better w/ addins.

Ok so this thread got me wondering and I called up mom to ask just what exactlly she uses. A tub of icing and almond bark. She claims the bark melts more evenly than the chips do and that it comes in several flavors also. But it's still yummy.:D

Different recipe for 2 step fudge....For those who didn't like the frosting 2 step fudge - I make mine with a bag of chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli's double chocolate chips) and a can of sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)...melt it together on the stove over low heat, and then stir in 1/2 teas. of vanilla.....I like this better than the frosting fudge - creamier, and all around better texture!

Can't wait to try that!! I like the frosting one, but some people get a little grossed out when you tell them what it is! Thanks :)

ChefBeckyD said:
For those who didn't like the frosting 2 step fudge - I make mine with a bag of chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli's double chocolate chips) and a can of sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)...melt it together on the stove over low heat, and then stir in 1/2 teas. of vanilla.....I like this better than the frosting fudge - creamier, and all around better texture!

Ohhh, I can't wait to try this one! It sounds like it would be way more delish! Can you still pipe it out w/ the EAD?

mom2leelee said:
Ohhh, I can't wait to try this one! It sounds like it would be way more delish! Can you still pipe it out w/ the EAD?

Yep - you can!

I just gave my mint chocolate fudge samples to a demo group and they loved it! I had to try a piece cause I love anything minty with chocolate and thought it tasted like fudge.

did you grease first?
KellyTheChef said:

Kelly did you put butter or something in your mini muffin 1st? I made these yesterday and they all stuck, had to pop out with a knife and there was still soome left in the pan :(

mom2leelee said:
I wouldn't say it was nasty, I mean chocolate is chocolate, but it's DEFINATELY not 'fudge' IMO.

Kate, try the dark chocolate fudge frosting. It has more of that fudge flavor.

Awesome!
ChefBeckyD said:
For those who didn't like the frosting 2 step fudge - I make mine with a bag of chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli's double chocolate chips) and a can of sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)...melt it together on the stove over low heat, and then stir in 1/2 teas. of vanilla.....I like this better than the frosting fudge - creamier, and all around better texture!

Thanks you for this recipe! I used 3/4 of a bag of milk choc chips and 1/4 of a bag of peanut butter chips, plus the sweetened condensed milk & the vanilla. It is AWESOME!!!!!!!:D

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks you for this recipe! I used 3/4 of a bag of milk choc chips and 1/4 of a bag of peanut butter chips, plus the sweetened condensed milk & the vanilla. It is AWESOME!!!!!!!:D

You are welcome! I'm going to have to try it w/ the pb chips....I've made it before where I've swirled PB thru the chocolate, but I'm thinking this would be even better! I love this recipe......I'm not sure where or when I got it, but I've been doing it for several years - the fudge is so creamy and fudgy textured....I love recipes that are easy and good! (I had tried the one w/ frosting, and didn't care for it as much - and I demoed it at a candy-making show, and had several people not care for the idea of eating a can of frosting....)

mom2leelee said:
I made some of this Friday night for my Lia Sophia party and really wasn't impressed. I bought Herseys chip and the icing was triple chocolate from Betty Crocker. Maybe I should have just bought reg. chocolate icing. IMO it just tasted like hardened icing. After it chilled overnight it was a little better but still nothing like fudge.

I made this last night to bring to work for treats today and wasn't impressed at all either! (I almost didn't even bring them!) I used white choc. chips and vanilla frosting and added crushed peppermint as I saw somewhere. "that was a disaster!! Even though I crushed them what I thought was plenty fine enough, they still got caught in the star tip and kept clogging it! I used toothpicks, and then finally a skewer to keep unclogging the EAD! I finally had enough and poured the rest into a pan. Then once I tasted them, I just thought they tasted like way too sweet frosting. NOT FUDGE! And my little quickie 10 minute project took about an hour! I won't be doing this at a show!

Now I think I'll go and make some REAL fudge--I need a chocolate fix!

Christy: Can you post your fudge recipe, please ? :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cookn' katie