• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Two Shows in One Day: Tips for Managing Overwhelm and Exhaustion

In summary, Beth found that doing two shows in one day was too busy and she felt overwhelmed and exhausted. She suggests doing two different recipes, taking tools with her, and planning to be away from home between the shows.
micocina
Gold Member
Has anyone else done this? I did two shows yesterday... one at 11:00am and the other at 4:00pm. I felt overwhelmed and exhausted!:yuck:

How do you all manage?

2 shows......I find you have to be simple and organized (doing the same recipe at both shows). Was the time too close together? - Maybe you could try an 11 and then a 7 show????

I have done it a few times and felt the same way. You give so much of yourself during a show that you need time to recharge between shows.

I have my first two show day this coming Saturday. I figured I'd probably be exhausted by the end of it. One is at 10 a.m. the other is at 3 p.m. They are about 40 minutes from each other. If I have time, I'll drop by home in between since it's on the way but if not then I'll just have to reorganize myself at the 2nd host's home. I'm doing two different recipes for each but the first I'm doing a no demo recipe and usually wash the dishes before the show anyway. The 2nd I'm going to try the new interactive show since it's the Jerk Chicken Nachos. That should hopefully help me out some!

By the way, there are a lot of times I feel exhausted doing 1 show a night. By the end of talking and working nonstop for 3-4 hours I'm so tired I don't want to drive home.

I have done two shows in one day and found it very busy, but nice to get two shows done, for basically the same amount of tired...This weekend I have a Pampered Chef success seminar 9-3 then a show at 7...that is going to be a long day, but I am doing the interactive shows now so the guests do most of the major work ;-)

I would really like to start doing this, but have worried about not having time, etc. I always worry that the first show will last too long and then I won't be at the next show in time. How do you handle that? I am trying to go to all interactive shows, so that should help.

I had my first 2-show day a couple of weeks ago. Both shows were on the other side of town from my house, so I just planned to be gone all day. I made the same recipe at both shows, washed dishes at the first house, and made sure I took plenty of paperwork with me. The shows were at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm.Beth has posted that when she does 2 shows in a day, she purposely does different recipes, and packs tools in 3 bags: recipe 1, recipe 2, and shared tools that are used by both. That obviously works for her, so it's more important to be prepared and well-rested at the beginning of the day.

Normally I do them at 2 & 7pm and that works well for me. I did this alot at the end of last year when I was counting down to earn the trip. I've also done it again this year for double points. I mad a promise to myself (well, more DH) that I would only work like that during double points and SAT. The key is the preparation. Isn't it always?;)

I do this a LOT! Saturday was one of those days for me. I always just plan on coming home inbetween to wash dishes and re-do paperwork. I've tried it before (especially if the host is good friend or a repeat host) to wash dishes there and they've always been great about it. In fact, they typically even help!! It does make for a long day, and mine are usually at 11 & 4 as well. That way I still have a bit of the evening when I get home. I don't think there is any 1 thing that makes it work. You just have to do what works best for you! Congrats on having the 2 shows!!! :D

Since I'm only doing this part time, I would LOVE to have 2 shows in one day. I've had shows back to back on different days but not on the same day.

Congrats on your 2 shows. I hope they were BIG! :D

I dont think I would enjoy doing two shows in one day. I've read the feedback, and although mostlly positive, I dont think it would work for me.

I don't think I could do two either - I am tired when I come home from one never mind two - but again - what works for one, might not work for another - I give you a ton of credit to do the two in one day thing!! Good luck!!

Imagine all the income possibilities from that one day, just hoping it doesn't snow on Saturday, I'll be mad!

I have done 2 shows in one day before (usually on a Saturday at 2pm & 7pm)....however, in reading this thread, a lightbulb went off in my head --

I have wanted to add another day to my weekly schedule for shows because I am booked so far ahead. I do 2-3 shows a week -- I have 12 in Feb, 9 in Mar and 2 in April, May and June. I have a lot of customers who are dissapointed when they can't book shows in certain months. Wow, if I added another Saturday show option, I could actually add an additional show without taking away a day from my week....I LOVE IT!

Thanks so much for "enlightening" me! I love this place!

I have to usually drive a distance for all my shows, so I always try to piggyback 2 shows in the same general direction if I can on Saturdays.

I love doing 2 shows on Saturday, It is busy, but I am only working 1 day vs. 2 days of weekend time. I do my shows at 10:30 and 2:30 or 3:00 depending on the distance, I usually do two seperate recipes and just wash dishes at host #1' s home and I resupply my folders as they are turned back into me a checkout with a new order form and catalog if necessary.

I also work full time, so it is really no different to me than going to a day of work.

These are the tips my director gave me when I asked the same question.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Tips for Back to Back Shows.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 340

1. How can I manage the overwhelming workload of two shows in one day?

One of the best ways to manage the overwhelming workload of two shows in one day is to plan and prioritize your tasks beforehand. Make a schedule and stick to it, delegating tasks to others if necessary. Also, make sure to take breaks and pace yourself throughout the day.

2. What are some tips for staying energized and avoiding exhaustion during back-to-back shows?

Some tips for staying energized and avoiding exhaustion during back-to-back shows include staying hydrated, eating nutritious snacks, and getting enough rest the night before. It's also important to take short breaks throughout the day to recharge.

3. How can I effectively manage my time between shows to ensure a smooth transition?

To effectively manage your time between shows, try to have a designated person or team responsible for packing up and cleaning at the first show while you focus on setting up for the second show. Use a checklist to make sure nothing is forgotten and try to leave some buffer time in case of unexpected delays.

4. What should I do if I start to feel overwhelmed or exhausted during the day?

If you start to feel overwhelmed or exhausted during the day, take a short break to stretch, grab a snack, or do some deep breathing exercises. If possible, delegate tasks to others or ask for help. Remember to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first.

5. How can I ensure that both shows are successful and run smoothly?

To ensure that both shows are successful and run smoothly, communication is key. Make sure to communicate with your team and any vendors involved to coordinate tasks and avoid any potential conflicts. It's also important to have a backup plan in case of any unforeseen issues. Lastly, stay positive and focused, and remember to enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • KCPChef