• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Minute Tips for My First Show Tomorrow | Be Yourself and Conquer Nerves!

In summary, Kristi recommends having a show outline next to the cookbook and practicing in various places, laughing when making a mistake, and not stressing over making a goof up.
ashkay
I have my 1st show tomorrow. Any last minute tips from anyone? I know this is all a learning experience, and just to be myself, but me being a human and all, I am a bit nervous! :eek:

Good Luck!I found what has really helped me is having a show outline next to the cookbook on the table. I keep it hidden, but I can pull it out and glance at it all times! I have only had 2 kitchen shows so I know that has really helped me out by constantly knowing what I'm doing!

Good Luck, Take a breather and remember to HAVE FUN! ;)

Kristi

B-R-E-A-T-H! I practiced in my car, in the kitchen, in my shower, everywhere! I will still practice in the car if I have a week or so between shows...just to stay fresh.

If you make a mistake, laugh and say, SEE I can come to your house and throw food on your floor too! Good thing PC doesn't screen for this job. ANYONE can do it!

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you so much for all your support! I'll let you know how it goes!!!

You know what really helped me my first month? Watching that video that comes in the Starter Kit. I must have watched it 5x! I just tried to emulate her relaxed, yet knowledgable style.

Nervous? No kidding!I had my first two shows last weekend, but I really feel like after the first one, it was so much easier! My director was at the first one, and I was still a little unfamiliar with the recipe, so I was all nerves. We sat after the show and went over some notes she had taken, then I had the second show the next evening...I thought it really helped to be able to take the suggestions on improvements and use them right away.
...and I agree...breathing is essential :)

I like to hand out the Season's Best (that I usually give the host as a thank-you and get all of the guests to sign) and ask each guest to give me one direction from the recipe and then pass it on.
That way, it's a little more interactive, the guests get to have a look at the cookbook and you don't have to worry about remembering the directions! :)

WowAwesome idea!! I usually feel like such a goob bc I lose my place soooo easily. Even though I practice the recipes, it is still a "back-up plan" in case you do forget something. As far as tips go, write one word or phrase on an index card ( BIG letters) and use them as an outline. If you use a script, you will get flustered if you forget something and then you too will lose your place in the recipe !

I am on show 100 and I make some sort of goof at every show....whether it is forgetting something, spilling food, or goofing up the recipe. I tell people I'm a bit of a ditz and that's why this job is so awesome...anyone can do it! Then I tell them about the time I was making quiche and got to talking and started to put the quiche in the oven when a guest reminded me...doesn't quiche have eggs!?!? Too funny! I don't usually share that story unless I make a goof up, but people laugh and realize that anyone can do this...you don't have to be perfect.

The thing to remember is to not stress over it if you do make a goof up. Relax...this is suppose to be FUN, not stressful! If you have fun, your guests will want to have shows with you. FUN is one of the main reasons people want to have their own show.

1. What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first Pampered Chef show, you can expect to have a lot of fun while learning about our high-quality kitchen products and delicious recipes. Our consultants will demonstrate how to use our products and share tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining. You'll also have the opportunity to try out some of our products and purchase them at a discounted price.

2. Do I need to bring anything to my first show?

No, you do not need to bring anything to your first show. Our consultants will provide all the necessary supplies and ingredients for the demonstrations. You may want to bring a pen and paper to take notes or a shopping list if you plan on purchasing any products.

3. Can I earn rewards or discounts by hosting my first show?

Yes, as a first-time host, you can earn free products and discounts on your purchases. Our consultants will walk you through the host rewards program and help you choose the best products for your needs and budget.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef show usually last?

A typical Pampered Chef show lasts about 2 hours. This includes time for demonstrations, trying out products, and placing orders. However, the length may vary depending on the number of guests and their level of engagement.

5. Can I still have a successful show if I don't know many people?

Absolutely! Our consultants are experienced in reaching out to potential guests and can help you invite friends, family, and coworkers to your first show. You can also use social media or other means of communication to invite people. The more people you invite, the more fun and successful your show will be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktmoms
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ohiopamperedchef
  • jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jla8279
Replies