• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Show ... Can't Decide on Recipes!! Help!

In summary, the artichoke cups are a hit, and stick to one demo recipe so that you can focus on showcasing your products and not the recipe.
crysboo
Hey guys. My first PC party is coming up Sunday and I find myself wondering what recipes to do. My mom is the host and she wants to do the artichoke cups (does any one know if they're good?) Other than that I don't know what to cook! Please Help!
ps- the show is at 2:00 so its not brunch or anything

The artichoke cups are delicious and always a hit! I recommend those. Don't overcomplicate it for your first party.

My director gave me four "simple" bar pan recipes when I first started, that is what I offered to all my hosts for the first year and a half. It works out very easy for both you and the host if you do something like that.

What were the recipes that you offered?

If you're demoing the Artichoke Cups, I'd keep it at that! Don't try to demo more than one recipe - ESPECIALLY for your first show! Really!

Keep it simple, and make the Demo portion of your show only 30 minutes or less.

Have you watched your Getting Started DVD?

Not yet :grumpy: I planned on wathcing it tonight.
I thought for a show you were supposed to do 3 things though... like an app, a mean and a dessert?
Cooking is no problem for me, and i've done shows before (with Aloette) so i'm not nervous or worried aobut doing the cooking. I just need recipes and ideas! lol
And of course the simpler the recipe the easier it is on me :)

Oh no! Stick to one recipe, makes it so much easier. If your host wants to provide other food that's up to her.

The recipes I had were:
chocolate Chip Sensation
Club House Chicken Squares
Banana Split Brownie
Some kind of cooked veggie pizza (don't remember off the top of my head)

Definatly one recipe! So much easier and gives you time to clean up and concentrate on other things like selling, booking, and recruiting.

3 recipes is the OLD way. Now, it's one recipe.

First of, good luck with your first show!!! When I started I made a list of the order I was going to do things (you'll get the idea after watching the PC video). It kept me on track. I agree you should only do one recipe for your first show -- that will allow you to concentrate on showcasing the products you are using vs. the recipe. Have fun, and best wishes!!!

My first show I did the artichoke cups (a definate hit - don't skimp on the cheese). I also did the strawberry amaretto pastries, and honestly it was too much and dragged out.

I also am a pretty good/expereinced cook, but you'd be suprised at how long even a simple recipe can take when you have to talk about the products, answer questions and get people involved (if you're doing interactive).

The last thing you want is too feel stressed that the demos are taking too long and people are getting bored.

And there is absolutely NOT a 3 demo rule! Most people do one, and if two, the second is either VERY simple and quick (like the garlic bites) or mostly prepared ahead (eg a trifle where all the components are prepared and all you have to do is throw the layers in the bowl and say "ta-da!".

Hope this helps! Have fun!

1. What are some popular recipes for a first Pampered Chef show?

Some popular recipes for a first Pampered Chef show include the Classic Batter Bowl Brownies, Quick & Easy Chicken Enchiladas, and the Simple Salsa Dip. These recipes are easy to make and always a hit with guests.

2. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have any recipe suggestions?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions. Some options include the Gluten-Free Banana Bread, the Vegan Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos, and the Keto Cauliflower Pizza. Our consultants can also provide alternative ingredient options for other recipes if needed.

3. I'm not a confident cook, are there any beginner-friendly recipes?

Absolutely! We have a collection of recipes specifically designed for beginner cooks, such as the One-Pot Chicken Alfredo, the Easy Apple Crisp, and the Simple Stuffed Peppers. Our consultants can also provide tips and tricks to make the cooking process even easier.

4. Can I mix and match recipes from different Pampered Chef cookbooks?

Yes, you can definitely mix and match recipes from different cookbooks. Our cookbooks are designed to complement each other, so feel free to get creative and try different combinations. Our consultants can also provide suggestions for pairing recipes together.

5. I have a limited budget, do you have any budget-friendly recipe options?

We understand the importance of sticking to a budget, and we have plenty of budget-friendly recipe options. Some ideas include the 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, the Budget-Friendly Taco Casserole, and the Budget-Friendly Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Our consultants can also provide tips for saving money on ingredients and kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• feather18
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • rancherswife
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
daniellemorgan
  • GourmetGirl