1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 1st Show ... Can't decide on Recipes!! HELP!

1. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

Hey guys. My first PC party is coming up Sunday and I find myself wondering what recipes to do. My mom is the host and she wants to do the artichoke cups (does any one know if they're good?) Other than that I don't know what to cook! Please Help!
    ps- the show is at 2:00 so its not brunch or anything

Jun 12, 2009
  2. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

The artichoke cups are delicious and always a hit! I recommend those. Don't overcomplicate it for your first party.

Jun 12, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

My director gave me four "simple" bar pan recipes when I first started, that is what I offered to all my hosts for the first year and a half. It works out very easy for both you and the host if you do something like that.

Jun 12, 2009
  4. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

What were the recipes that you offered?

Jun 12, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

If you're demoing the Artichoke Cups, I'd keep it at that! Don't try to demo more than one recipe - ESPECIALLY for your first show! Really!

Keep it simple, and make the Demo portion of your show only 30 minutes or less.

Have you watched your Getting Started DVD?

Jun 12, 2009
  6. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

Not yet :grumpy: I planned on wathcing it tonight.
    I thought for a show you were supposed to do 3 things though... like an app, a mean and a dessert?
    Cooking is no problem for me, and i've done shows before (with Aloette) so i'm not nervous or worried aobut doing the cooking. I just need recipes and ideas! lol
    And of course the simpler the recipe the easier it is on me :)

Jun 12, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Oh no! Stick to one recipe, makes it so much easier. If your host wants to provide other food that's up to her.

The recipes I had were:
    chocolate Chip Sensation
    Club House Chicken Squares
    Banana Split Brownie
    Some kind of cooked veggie pizza (don't remember off the top of my head)

Jun 12, 2009
  8. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

Definatly one recipe! So much easier and gives you time to clean up and concentrate on other things like selling, booking, and recruiting.

Jun 12, 2009
  9. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

3 recipes is the OLD way. Now, it's one recipe.

Jun 12, 2009
  10. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

First of, good luck with your first show!!! When I started I made a list of the order I was going to do things (you'll get the idea after watching the PC video). It kept me on track.

I agree you should only do one recipe for your first show -- that will allow you to concentrate on showcasing the products you are using vs. the recipe.

Have fun, and best wishes!!!

Jun 12, 2009
  11. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

My first show I did the artichoke cups (a definate hit - don't skimp on the cheese). I also did the strawberry amaretto pastries, and honestly it was too much and dragged out.

I also am a pretty good/expereinced cook, but you'd be suprised at how long even a simple recipe can take when you have to talk about the products, answer questions and get people involved (if you're doing interactive).

The last thing you want is too feel stressed that the demos are taking too long and people are getting bored.

And there is absolutely NOT a 3 demo rule! Most people do one, and if two, the second is either VERY simple and quick (like the garlic bites) or mostly prepared ahead (eg a trifle where all the components are prepared and all you have to do is throw the layers in the bowl and say "ta-da!".

Hope this helps! Have fun!

Jun 12, 2009
Have something to add?