• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Signing My 1st Recruit: Nervous but Excited!

In summary, the author is about to sign their first recruit and is scared but also excited. They have been a PC consultant for about a year and have not had much success with sales but they are trying to hold their own. This month has been slow as they have only had one catalog show. They are having trouble with phone calls and face-to-face but are still trying. They are reading this website for advice and have started construction on their Book to Look box. Their advice is to relax, have faith, and be confident. They then talk about how their director handles conversations and training.
Wildhorse1202
I am about to sign my 1st recruit! I've just been a PC consultant since Oct. '05 and I'm a nervous wreck, but also very excited about this! I don't feel like I know enough to have a recruit, but I'm going for it anyway! HA! I'm going through all of the info on the PC website and through some paperwork I've got at home, to try to get together as much info as I can so I don't sound like a total dummy when I'm signing this girl on with me! HA! My sales have not been just spectacular, but I'm trying to hold my own. This month has been extremely slow, with only 1 catalog show this month. I'm not having much success with my phone calls or when I talk face-to-face with people, so that tells me I'm not doing a very good job of pre-host coaching! I'm not giving up tho! I'm sure I can master this, I've just got to keep trying. I'm terrorfied that I'll lose out and become inactive by this summer, and I just really don't want to do that!! I'm having trouble getting bookings, but I'm reading away on this site taking in everyone's words of wisdom! I already have my Book to Look box under construction for my next home show - if I could just get another home show to show it off! HELP! :eek:

My advice to you is to first, relax...don't get too wound up about everything, go with the flow. When I signed my first recruit I let her know that she was my first and that I might not have all of the answers to her questions but I will get the answers. The other thing is you could always speak with your director, she should have some great advice too.

I have also found that my recruits are a source of inspiration for me when times are tough, I have a competitive streak and don't want one of my recruits to beat me in sales or any of the like (although I am very happy for them if they do beat me). So, in my cluster we all really try to "one up" each other and it really puts the heat on and I am more likely going to try harder to book more, recruit more and have better shows. Okay, now I am rambling but, you can do this...have faith and confidence in yourself.

Tell your recruit that you "have a friend who helped you get started" and ask her if the three of you can meet together so that she can help her get started on the right track too.

Of course your "friend" is your recruiter or director but isn't friend a nicer less scary word!? :p

Then you can watch how your director handles the conversation and training and learn how to be a trainer at the same time!

1. What should I look for when choosing my first recruit?

When selecting your first recruit, it's important to find someone who shares your passion for cooking and the Pampered Chef brand. Look for individuals who are organized, motivated, and have a strong network of friends and family. They should also have a desire to learn and grow as a consultant.

2. How do I approach someone about joining my team?

The best way to approach someone about joining your team is to start by sharing your own experience and success with Pampered Chef. This will show them the potential for growth and income. Then, ask if they would be interested in learning more about the opportunity. Be genuine and sincere in your approach.

3. What support will I receive as a sponsor for my first recruit?

As a sponsor, you will have access to a wide range of resources and support from Pampered Chef. This includes training materials, online and in-person training sessions, and a network of experienced consultants who can offer guidance and advice. You will also have a mentor who can help you navigate the process of signing and training your first recruit.

4. How can I ensure my first recruit's success?

One of the best ways to ensure your first recruit's success is to provide them with the necessary tools and resources to thrive as a Pampered Chef consultant. This includes training on products and sales techniques, as well as ongoing support and encouragement. It's also important to set realistic goals and help them develop a business plan for success.

5. What are the benefits of having a first recruit as a consultant?

Having a first recruit as a consultant can bring many benefits. Not only will you have the opportunity to mentor and support someone in their Pampered Chef journey, but you will also receive bonuses and incentives for recruiting new consultants. Additionally, having a team member can help you grow your business and reach a wider audience with your product offerings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccrusoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • pamperedcheermom