1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 1st Live Cooking Show

1. lestat_de_leon

lestat_de_leon Novice Member

Well I did my first live cooking show last night...there were 12 women and one guy (I wasn't alone...yeah!) It went wonderful! It was a good friend / neighbor so I did a bit more than was probably advisable for my first show:

Chicken Mexican Lasagna
    Pineapple Salsa (while the lasagna was cooking)
    and I had made the Mojito cake beforehand

All the ladies commented on how well I did...how I was the best PC "lady" they had had. Not turning out to be a HUGE show, only $300 so far, but she still has some outside orders coming so we might get to $400...but more importantly I had a great time with the ladies and made some yummy food!

Jeff

2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Congrats! You have done your hardest show and once you move from family and friends it'll get even easier. The key was you had fun too!

So... bookings?

Mar 20, 2009
  3. lestat_de_leon

I have 3 bookings off the show...one is another from the host in July for a grilling show. 1 is for a housewarming (date yet to be officially determined.) Other is in August for a bridal shower. (I will be qualified by then.)

4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

Great job! The most important part of all of it is that everyone had fun including yourself!

Mar 20, 2009
  5. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Terrific! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

6. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Way to go! The first show is always the hardest.

Mar 20, 2009
  7. lestat_de_leon

So I finalized the show and ended up just over $400 after outside orders. Not too bad for my first live cooking show!

8. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Great, I hope I do so well...my first is on 4/16 with second on 4/17. Am I crazy?

Mar 24, 2009
  9. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

No, actually two in a row is better. That way you don't have to relearn everything for the second show. Good luck!:)

Mar 24, 2009
  10. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

Nope staying busy is what makes your shows more consistent. You'll be better off having those 2 in a row 'cause everything will stay fresh in your mind. Good luck!

Mar 24, 2009
  11. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Two shows in a row right off the bat? Good for you! My suggestion; make the same recipe for both. That way you can just wash your products and repack your kit. Good luck and have fun!

Mar 24, 2009
  12. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Thanks all! Yes, I plan to do the same recipe but I have to get out there to book beyond! Those are my only two shows on the calendar! :0

Apr 1, 2009
  13. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

YAH!! CONGRATS && Good Luck!!

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted