• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Mixed Feelings Fundraiser Show: My $1555 Experience

I did not get a commission on this one...just helped out.3- for my husbands work. Summary:Well...I had my first fundraiser show tonight. It was a great show, 14 guests and $1555 in guest orders. My best show so far.The bad thing is that I am having mix feelings with this show...I am happy because of the guest sales, but at the same time I am not so happy and I will explain you why.Since this was my first fundraiser show and did not know how to do it, I looked for flyers and info here on CS. I found the "Potential Breakdown" flyer, the one that tells the host an approx
ilovpc
Gold Member
Well...I had my first fundraiser show tonight. It was a great show, 14 guests and $1555 in guest orders. My best show so far.

The bad thing is that I am having mix feelings with this show...I am happy because of the guest sales, but at the same time I am not so happy and I will explain you why...

Since this was my first fundraiser show and did not know how to do it, I looked for flyers and info here on CS. I found the "Potential Breakdown" flyer, the one that tells the host an approx amount of how much she can make by having a PC fundraiser. I read the flyer and thought it was great, so I updated it with my info and forward it to the host. For some reason I never paid attention to how much I was offering out of my pocket.

As you all know, PC gives up to 15% of the sales to the organization. But with the flyer I used, I was offering 5% more if their sales were less than $999 and 10% extra if they had more than $1000 in guest sales. At first I thought this was a great idea, but then this afternoon (before the show) I realized that if the show was going to be $1000 or more, I will be making only 5% in commisions because we only earn 15% with fundraisers.

Well...it happened. The show is at $1555 and now I have to give them that extra 10%. I am very happy for the team because they did great (host was awesome), but as for me I'm only getting a 5%. Deep inside I know it is for a good cause that I am donating 10% to this organization (money goes to the ACS), but at the same time I am loosing money.

Sorry for the long post (didn't think it will be this long when I started it), but I just wanted to let you know that be very careful when using all the wonderful flyers people share on this site. For some people might work and for some others don't.

I guess I should be more than happy as with this show I've now earned the $1500 level for SAT

Thanks for reading!

You still made $77.75 and, as you said, earned a level in SAT. ;) You have to look at from a different perspective. You did a GREAT thing for a chairperson and she WILL talk about it!!! How many people will she refer to you now? How many people saw your name on their sales receipt who wouldn't have otherwise known your name? How many names did you just add to your monthly newsletter (if you do one)? How many bookings did you get off this fundraiser or will you end up getting down the road if they see you again & realize it was YOU who did this fundraiser?(((hugs))) sweetie! Just know that by getting your name out there more AND having positive feelings associated with your reputation, you WILL reap the rewards in the future. ;)

Don't forget to count this as a donation come tax-time!

I just did a FR for an organization that I volunteer at and I donated my entire commission. The show was just over $1400. DH was very excited and asked how much I made. I said "nothing".

BUT...I really wanted to give back to the organization.

I think of it this way:
-It got my name out there.
-It kept me active.
-I got bookings.

And, I really think people bought more knowing that atleast 22% was going back to the Animal rescue. When I totaled up each person's order, I calculated the commission I would have made and told them how much was going back to the organization. (We did this as a cooking show and used about $70 of the Free Products to make up a gift basket and Raffled it off at a Yard Sale. I think we brought in another $100+ in tickets there).

I think a lot of us look at fundraisers differently. We give most of our commission in order to get them and keep the organization and the host happy but for us it is a way to get our name out to a lot of people that we would probably not run into at a regular show. If you get bookings off of a fundraiser - chances are they are going to be in a completely different circle of people than you would meet at a regular cooking show. I think of it as advertising.

I have only done 1 large fundraiser in the past. For some reason in May I got 3.
1- for my daughters high school marine biology club. 2- my best friends daughter is raising $ for an educational summer trip 3- a friend of a host who was raising $ for the Susan G Komen cancer walk. Even though the first one left a bad taste in my mouth, I figured I had a bit more experience now.

I offered to up the fundraiser commission to 20%. To be completely honest, I made a mistake, I thought PC gave 15% over $500, NOT $600. I really thought the shows would be higher but they all were a bit over $500. So instead of giving 5% I have to donate 10%. I understand being disappointed not making as much as you thought you would. On top of that I bought the food for the HS fundraiser and my best friends. My best friend would/has done everything for me. And I did get a booking from her. A good "out of circle" group. So I am happy :)
The high school fundraiser, I did spend a lot of $ on food. Had no idea how many people were coming. The teacher is always has a million things on her plate. Again, not a big fundraiser, but I did get a lot of contacts with other teachers. The school has over 3,000 students. And the teacher was so happy, she wants to plan (way in advance) for the fall to do another fundraiser. She realized that she didn't have much time to put into it. I tried to do as much as I could. Regardless, I was proud of myself. I did a great job setting up, the food was amazing, everyone had a great time. I did get a booking. An old friend. Another good "out of circle" group.
The 3rd fundraiser. Never met the lady. I didn't have to buy the food.
Did not get any bookings. The host was happy. She had never had a home party before. Everyone loved the food. But I kinda felt like I was there to be of a cook for them. She wanted me to make another recipe, last minute. For a total of 3 recipes. Normally, I don't! No bookings.
So as I look at my commission check this morning for these fundraisers. I realized I worked by butt off for almost nothing. If you add up the food and misc expenses. But I did get 2 bookings and have new contacts to follow up with. I do think it will pay off in the future. But regardless, I owe it to my best friend and my daughters teacher, who has been a huge mentor to her.
So I do feel good. :D
Now onto SAT month.

Thanks everyone!

I closed the fundraiser at $1609 and I donated all of my commision plus more. You were all right. I only booked one show from this one, but like Shaila says, I now have more than 20 new customers that I didn't have before. Host was very happy and she and one other lady had already order from the outlet section.

All the ladies in this group were very happy and thankfull that I donated all of my commission. I feel great now knowing I have contributed to a great cause...Breast Cancer.

Thank you all for your comments!

Not only is it great PR, and helps you get into different circles, June is a great month as we earn the fall products!! I always donate an extra 5% out of pocket for my fundraisers--they get the straight $3 for bookings (I know some people give more on top of this as well). It is definitely a "business builder".

Hi, Fanny!Sorry to hear about the icky 'surprise' on the Potential Breakdown note I posted some time ago. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them on things people post like this. Glad to hear you hit a SAT level, though - congratulations on that success!

1. What is the "A Mixed Feelings Fundraiser Show: My $1555 Experience"?

The "A Mixed Feelings Fundraiser Show: My $1555 Experience" is a Pampered Chef fundraiser show that offers a unique and entertaining experience for both the host and guests. It combines cooking demonstrations, product presentations, and a fun game show format to help raise funds for a cause or organization.

2. How much does it cost to host a "A Mixed Feelings Fundraiser Show"?

The cost to host a "A Mixed Feelings Fundraiser Show" is $1555, which includes a $500 donation to the chosen cause or organization, $500 in free products for the host, and $555 in additional Pampered Chef products to be used as prizes during the show.

3. What types of organizations or causes can benefit from this fundraiser show?

Any type of organization or cause can benefit from this fundraiser show. Some popular examples include schools, sports teams, churches, animal shelters, and medical charities. It is a great way to raise funds for a cause that you are passionate about.

4. How long does the show typically last?

The show typically lasts about 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the level of participation. However, the length can be adjusted to fit the needs and schedule of the host and guests.

5. Can I customize the show to fit my organization's needs?

Yes, the show can be customized to fit the specific needs and goals of your organization. You can choose the recipes to be demonstrated, the products to be featured, and the game show format. Our Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to create a personalized and successful fundraiser show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2