• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Plan My First Fundraiser for the High School Band?

In summary, Erin is planning a fundraiser for her local high school band and is looking for advice. The consultant she spoke with attached a little note or sticker that said "please return catalog to.....". Ordering all the catalogs is a big investment for us for fundraisers and any that you get back is a big help! Cindy and Erin's ideas are great. The letter is great to explain again what to do and to try and get as many orders and shows as possible. Maybe they could be incented with a prize for the highs sales. Also asking to return catalogs if no longer needed isn't a bad idea. You would definely need to know who submitted the orders so they should put their name on the top
Ann F
Gold Member
:eek:
Help! I've been a consultant over a year, but next week is my first ever fundraiser for the HS band. I need help thinking this through. The kickoff is an ice-cream social, and I'm making the fruit salsa ahead of time. I just need basic how-to info on the actual process--not entering in PP.

Are you just doing a open house and are they putting in orders at that time? or are you putting together packets and handing them out to the kids to get sales? If you are doing order taking at the event have the catalog and order form together and display the specials along with your product.

One thought is if you're having a get together that people come to to see products, taste recipes, etc then it's a great idea to have each person then take a catalog to THEIR friends and family not necessarily directly involved with the band. This widens the scope and can really generate a lot of sales for the fundraiser, in turn making a bigger donation possible.

Good luck!

gmosullivan said:
Are you just doing a open house and are they putting in orders at that time? or are you putting together packets and handing them out to the kids to get sales? If you are doing order taking at the event have the catalog and order form together and display the specials along with your product.

I'm s'posed to make a presentation at the Band Booster ice cream social, and we'll have the fruit salsa and crispy ribbons with the ice cream toppings. We plan to hand out catalogs w/order forms to the attendees, with the rest going out the 1st week of school.

The chairman and I plan to put together the catalogs and order forms with each student's name on their order forms so we'll know who gets which orders to deliver.

Anything else to do?

thanks SO much, guys!

don't leave me all alone!...I know there are experienced fund raisers out there. Feel free to chime in!

Me Too!!!That's too funny!
I'm doing my first fundraiser this month...also for the local hs band! :)
I plan on putting little folders together (the cheap .10 paper folders) with a catalog and a few outside order forms that they can copy if they need more.
I am going to write up a letter to put in the folders talking about the fundraiser and how it will benefit the band to have people book shows! I will tell them that after each show holds I will give them an additional $3, making it $6 for each show!
I think that's all I've come up with...
~Erin

I too am thinking of doing a couple fundraisers - one for the local high school cheerleaders and a couple at some pre-schools. One hint I was told is that in the past - many catalogs were wasted with kids taking them home whether or not they placed an order. That's ALOT of catalogs. The consultant I spoke with attached a little note or sticker that said "please return catalog to.....". Ordering all the catalogs is a big investment for us for fundraisers and any that you get back is a big help!

I think Erin and Cindy's ideas are great. The letter is great to explain again what to do and to try and get as many orders and shows as possible. Maybe they could be incented with a prize for the highs sales. Also asking to return catalogs if no longer needed isn't a bad idea. You would definely need to know who submitted the orders so they should put their name on the top and give them several order forms with a catalog and letter. Have a return by date as well. It sounds like you have it covered and should do great!! :)

When I do a fund reaiser I suggest that the group offer incentives to the students (they can go to other local businesses for them - I asked subway and they gave 2 gift certificates for example). I also offer incentives for the adults (products I have on hand or a discount) for achieving certain goals that I set ($100 order, bring guests and or outside orders to the demo...). AND I have been offering $2 for every $100 in sales at any show booked from the fundraiser or $25 if the show is at least $500. I remind them that PC also gives them $3 for every booking.

I also host coach the organizer that if only 6 people out of their group of ___ (100...1000 - whatever their size) sold just 2 choppers and 2 mini baker (to make it $600 I would throw in a couple season's bests) ;) they would have $90 profit already. I then have them do the math - if half of their group each sold $100 and we just got 6 bookings they would get...

I have great infoGood afternoon all. I have some great flyers and very detailed instructions (originally from a school fundraiser) for collecting orders, using the website and how the distribution will be handled. Unfortunately, they are on my computer at home :( . I will post them when I get home this afternoon.

I just did a fund-raiser for my local Hospice ladies auxiliary. I found that even though they are adults (as opposed to teenagers) it was very helpful to have the packets together with the very detailed instructions and I also used org specific outside order forms. The instructions included very detailed instructions on using the website.

It was an $1,900 and also the auxiliary organizers did not think it was very profitable, they made approx. $500 with no overhead costs to them. I did increase the 15% to 25% and the $3 benefit for bookings to $10.

I will forward the documents later today.

ConfusedHelp! I am speaking with my son's school about fundraising. I wanted to know if there was a different catalog for the events? This would be my first event.

Thanks

CatalogNo. It's the same catalog. There used to be a "classic" fund raiser, which featured 11 products only, but I believe they have gotten rid of that. Hope this helps.

What is the process for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The first step is to contact a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a date for your fundraiser. Next, you will promote the fundraiser to your network and collect orders. On the day of the fundraiser, the consultant will deliver the products and collect payments. Finally, you will receive a percentage of the sales as your fundraiser's profit.

How much profit can we expect to make from our fundraiser?

The profit percentage for a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies, but typically ranges from 10-15%. The specific percentage will be discussed and agreed upon with the consultant before the event.

Are there any upfront costs or fees associated with hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser. The consultant will provide all materials and products for the event. Your organization will only be responsible for promoting the fundraiser and collecting orders.

What types of products are available for our fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, gadgets, cookware, and food products. Your consultant can provide a catalog of available products for your fundraiser, or you can browse the full product line on the Pampered Chef website.

How long does the fundraiser last?

The duration of the fundraiser can vary, but typically lasts for 1-2 weeks. This gives enough time for orders to be collected and processed before the consultant delivers the products to your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tonya Sue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • PCCHeather0506