• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Honoring My Dad: Fundraising for Leukemia Research & Care

In summary, the individual is new to PC and wants to do a fundraiser for leukemia in honor of their late father. They plan to split the funds between the Oncology unit and the Leukemia Society and are seeking advice and resources on how to plan and execute the fundraiser. Suggestions include setting a goal, choosing a fundraising method, partnering with other businesses or organizations, promoting the fundraiser, offering incentives, and getting creative. Resources such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's website and guidance from the hospital are also recommended.
jj16
Gold Member
Hello All. I'm very new to PC within my 1st 30 days.

I was thinking of doing a fundraiser for luekemia. Part of it is selfish because I need bookings in a HUGE way but part of it is very personal for me. 5 years ago my Dad passed away from AML or Acute Myeloid Leukemia. What I'd like to do is to split it between the Oncology unit of the hospital he went to and the Leukemia Society. Not sure if this is possible. He got a blood transfusion once a week and a platelet transfusion every day for two years. During that time I became extremely close to the doctors and nurses. I'd like to designate the funds for medical equipment to the Oncology unit and to research for the Society (Again I'm not sure if I can do this).

Also, any suggestions or resources where I could go for more information on how to do fundraisers or tips would be greatly appreciated. I did go by the hospital and picked up a packet and they gave me the name of the person I need to contact but I don't want to approach her until I know what I'm doing or at least have a plan of attack.

Thanks

Do 2 different fundraisers - one now, one in 3 or 6 months for the other unit. Trying to split funds would be problematic.Do a search for fundraisers on here and read, read, read.

in advance for any help or suggestions.First of all, I am so sorry for your loss and for your family's experience with leukemia. It is understandable that this cause is very personal to you and I think it's wonderful that you want to use your business to raise funds for it.To answer your question, yes, it is possible to split the funds between the Oncology unit and the Leukemia Society. You can designate a certain percentage of the funds raised to each organization or specify which specific items or programs you want the funds to go towards.There are a few things you can do to plan and execute a successful fundraiser for this cause:1. Set a goal: Determine how much money you want to raise and what specific items or programs you want the funds to go towards. This will help you stay focused and motivated throughout the fundraiser.2. Choose a fundraising method: There are many ways you can raise funds, such as hosting a party or event, selling products or services and donating a portion of the proceeds, or simply asking for donations. Choose a method that fits your business and target audience.3. Partner with other businesses or organizations: Reach out to other local businesses or organizations that may be interested in supporting your cause. You can ask them to donate items for a raffle or silent auction, or ask them to sponsor your event or donate a portion of their sales to your fundraiser.4. Promote your fundraiser: Use social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to spread the word about your fundraiser. Be sure to share your personal story and why this cause is important to you. You can also create a dedicated webpage or event page to provide more information and accept donations online.5. Consider offering incentives: People are more likely to donate if they feel like they are getting something in return. You can offer incentives such as discounts on products or services, a chance to win a prize, or recognition on your business's social media or website.6. Get creative: Think outside the box and come up with unique ways to raise funds. You can host a themed party, offer a special class or workshop, or even do a sponsored challenge (e.g. shaving your head for donations).As for resources, you can check out the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's website for fundraising ideas and tips. You can also reach out to the person at the hospital for more guidance and support.I hope this helps and I wish you all the best

1. How does the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event support leukemia research and care?

The "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event supports leukemia research and care by donating a portion of the proceeds from Pampered Chef sales to organizations dedicated to finding a cure for leukemia and providing care for those affected by the disease.

2. Can anyone participate in the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event?

Yes, anyone can participate in the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event by hosting a Pampered Chef party or purchasing products from the event's designated online store. The more people who participate, the more funds can be raised for leukemia research and care.

3. How much of the proceeds from Pampered Chef sales will be donated to leukemia research and care?

A portion of the proceeds from all Pampered Chef sales made during the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event will be donated to organizations supporting leukemia research and care. The exact percentage may vary depending on the specific event, but rest assured that every purchase made will contribute to the cause.

4. Can I make a direct donation to the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event?

While direct donations to the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event are not accepted, you can make a difference by purchasing Pampered Chef products during the event. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will go towards supporting leukemia research and care.

5. How can I find out more information about the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event and its impact?

For more information about the "Honoring My Dad" fundraising event and its impact, please reach out to the Pampered Chef consultant hosting the event or visit the event's designated online store. You can also follow the event's social media pages for updates and additional information about the cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • msover
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ihavethetools
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies