• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Bridal Shower This Saturday

In summary, at a bridal shower you have a lot of fun and guests can purchase gifts for the bride in an apron pocket.
momoftwins
I am doing my 1st bridal shower this Saturday and I am a little nervous. They are having a brunch so I need to figure out a good brunch recipe. I did buy the bride apron and markers. Do you just have everyone write a well wish on it??

What all do you do at your bridal shower shows?? Thanks in advance!

Bridal showers are fun!Bridal showers are fun because everyone knows they are going to spend money on the bride and maybe themselves.
Yes I get everyone to write a Wish you a great future, marriage, honeymoon, etc...

I made the doll bride cake for dessert at the show. It was something she asked for like two months before the show.

As for a brunch recipe you can try these:
Bountiful Brunch Pizza

1 pkg. frozen hash browns, thawed
1 egg beaten
Topping:
7 eggs
1/2 c milk
salt and pepper
1 c chopped ham
1/2 c mushrooms
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c green pepper, chopped
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Combine potatoes and egg. Salt and Pepper it and spread on the baking stone. Pat down. Bake 20 minutes at 400. Whisk eggs and milk and season them. Cook. Spread cooked eggs evenly over potatoes. Top with the toppings and cheese. Return to the oven to bake 10 minutes more.

Star Dust Chocolate Pancakes

1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Strawberry preserves, sliced strawberries or sweetened whipped cream (opt)

In Small Batter Bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Heat griddle over medium heat until hot. (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) With handle upright, place Star Pancake Mold onto surface of griddle; heat 2 minutes. Lightly spray interior of mold and griddle with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into mold, spreading batter into star tips using Skinny Scraper, if necessary. Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges. Carefully lift up mold to release pancake. Turn using Small Nylon Turner; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are baked through. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar; serve warm with desired toppings.
Yield: 10 star pancakes

Have a game!

Don't forget to have a list of the brides wish list. Make sure you display these on index cards or some way for the guests to know what she has requested and so they won't buy two of the same thing. Good luck and have fun!!

Debbie

I have all the guests bring a 'cash (or cheque) payment' for the bride. Whatever they would have spent on a gift and no card. Their gift goes in the apron pocket (so I don't need to know who gave what) and they sign it with their well-wishes then in lieu of a card.

This way after the initial surprise is over (you are removing and adding up the 'gifts' while she settles in) you then give her the apron to wear and announce that thanks to the generosity of her friends and family she has an $xxx shopping spree that she can go on at the end of the show.

I then do a quick demo such as clubhouse chicken squares, then bring out the cake, have the bride finish decorating the skirt with the EAD (great photo op doing this wearing the apron) and then a game for the guests, the door prize drawing and close the show.

All purchase made by the guests for themselves also adds to the amount she received as the bride and increases her free product.

I've been doing this after advice from my director and running into brides who didn't know about the shower and therefore I couldn't have items on cards from her wish list (there wasn't one yet since it was all a surprise) for her friends to choose from. This gives her a great way to get bigger ticket items free or half price.

Hope that helps,

kcjodih said:
then bring out the cake, have the bride finish decorating the skirt with the EAD (great photo op doing this wearing the apron)
What a cute idea! I'd have to practice that cake a couple times. I have my first BIG wedding shower at the end of April and I'm excited!!!:)

kcjodih said:
I have all the guests bring a 'cash (or cheque) payment' for the bride. Whatever they would have spent on a gift and no card. Their gift goes in the apron pocket (so I don't need to know who gave what) and they sign it with their well-wishes then in lieu of a card.

This way after the initial surprise is over (you are removing and adding up the 'gifts' while she settles in) you then give her the apron to wear and announce that thanks to the generosity of her friends and family she has an $xxx shopping spree that she can go on at the end of the show.

I then do a quick demo such as clubhouse chicken squares, then bring out the cake, have the bride finish decorating the skirt with the EAD (great photo op doing this wearing the apron) and then a game for the guests, the door prize drawing and close the show.

All purchase made by the guests for themselves also adds to the amount she received as the bride and increases her free product.

I've been doing this after advice from my director and running into brides who didn't know about the shower and therefore I couldn't have items on cards from her wish list (there wasn't one yet since it was all a surprise) for her friends to choose from. This gives her a great way to get bigger ticket items free or half price.

Hope that helps,

HI Sounds cute, but I'm a little confused....So in the apron pocket goes the monetary amount that they would spend on the gift, say $25.00? or is it the name of actual gift from pampered chef they are getting for the bride? If it is the amount, do guests get upset or embarrassed that they have to name the amount? Also, what "skirt" are you talking about? Also, is there game for the cake or just the cake the host or I bought? I have a shower in June, my first, and I'd like to get as many ideas as I can! Thanks!

Thanks for the replies ladies. I am planning on making the Green Chile Frittata. I need to make 2 but only have 1 skillet. I have twins and it is hard for me to get out of the house. I was planning on making one in the deep dish baker (maybe add a little more milk) ahead of time and then demo the one made in the skillet.

If you want a little variety the Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake is really good, it's made with eggs too and it's done in the Deep Dish Baker. That way you KNOW it would turn out. I've made it at about 4 shows lately and everyone always loves it, plus it looks nice.:D

Thanks Becky. I have done some thinking today and think I may do the green chile frittata and also the ham & cheddar croissant bake (which I have never made so would be doing it for the first time Saturday, which is not a problem I am good at doing things like that). What do you do ahead of time for that recipe (ie before guests arrive or you start your show)?? I would like to have one of the recipes pretty much ready to put in the oven at the start of the show and demo the other one. Does that make sense?? I will be doing the shower at a church so the shower will be in the parlor so to speak and the kitchen is off to the left of the parlor.

pampermeRai said:
HI Sounds cute, but I'm a little confused....So in the apron pocket goes the monetary amount that they would spend on the gift, say $25.00? or is it the name of actual gift from pampered chef they are getting for the bride? If it is the amount, do guests get upset or embarrassed that they have to name the amount? Also, what "skirt" are you talking about? Also, is there game for the cake or just the cake the host or I bought? I have a shower in June, my first, and I'd like to get as many ideas as I can! Thanks!

The monetary amount goes in the apron. Most guests bring cash and neither the host,bride or myself know who spent what. I don't monitor. I just have the host invite the guests up to sign the apron one at a time at which point they place their 'gift' (money) in the apron pocket. The guests are already informed about this because of the invite I send the host. It states no need to bring a gift - contribute to the bridal apron for Bonnie Bride's shopping spree. Guaranteed a happy bride! The host then copies the invite out on pretty bridal paper and sends them out. Or if I'm feeling generous I will copy on bridal paper for her - but not usually.

The skirt is the batter bowl cake part. Doll is in the top, dress/cake is ready with EAD filled and I may or may not have already started the decorating.

I give the doll, cake and icing as a gift and the host buys the apron as her gift to the bride. She usually also adds to the apron but it's her choice. The apron is $17 or so here in Canada if I remember correctly.

After we settle in and I do a 'quickie' demo since it's really all about the bride, then I have her do the cake, play a game and close the show. The game is How well do you know the bride?

Hope all this is a little clearer for you. Good luck!

momoftwins said:
Thanks Becky. I have done some thinking today and think I may do the green chile frittata and also the ham & cheddar croissant bake (which I have never made so would be doing it for the first time Saturday, which is not a problem I am good at doing things like that). What do you do ahead of time for that recipe (ie before guests arrive or you start your show)?? I would like to have one of the recipes pretty much ready to put in the oven at the start of the show and demo the other one. Does that make sense?? I will be doing the shower at a church so the shower will be in the parlor so to speak and the kitchen is off to the left of the parlor.
When I do this recipe, I prep quite a bit of it. You could probably do pretty much all of it if you want and have this recipe ready to put in the oven. Before guests arrive, I slice and cube up all the croissants. I dice and chop nearly everything and save a little for the demo. I usually slice the tomato with the US&G during the demo, but you could do this beforehand too. Although at my last show I mistakenly seeded and diced this up before remembering I was supposed to slice it! I just ended up sprinkling it around. You could already whisk up the egg mixture and have that ready. I usually grate the cheese during the demo and assemble it. I do the sauteing of the veggies and ham during the demo, but this could be done ahead too.

I love this recipe for shows because it demos a lot! Stoneware, cookware, chopper, knives, US&G....pretty much everything! when it's done, I put the Deep Dish Baker on the Woven Selections Round Tray, with one of the new towels underneat it and it looks great.

I've never made the fritatta, but I would think this is an easy one to pretty much have assembled and/or baking when guests come.

Personally, I love the Ham and Egg Braid - it is easy and very yummy. Always a hit.
Here is a game I play that is fun and easy. Wrap something small - I usually do the wooden spoons, scraper etc....Have the guests pass it to the right anytime the brides name is spoken. throughout my demo, I try to say her name, mention that she really wants "so & so" etc...try to get the guests talking. I sometimes have them say "Mary will make a good wife because....." they have to start with her name. That gets it passed too. At the end of the demo, who ever has the present, wins it.

1. What are some popular gift ideas for a bride-to-be at her first bridal shower?

Some popular gift ideas for a bride-to-be at her first bridal shower include kitchen gadgets and utensils, cookware sets, bakeware, and kitchen appliances. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of gift bundles specifically designed for newlyweds.

2. Can I bring a guest to the bridal shower?

It is always best to check with the host or hostess of the bridal shower to see if bringing a guest is allowed. In some cases, the guest list may be limited due to space or budget constraints.

3. Is there a gift registry for the bride's first bridal shower?

Yes, most brides will have a gift registry for their first bridal shower. It is typically set up at one or more stores where the couple has selected items they would like to receive as wedding gifts. You can also check with the host or hostess of the shower for specific gift ideas.

4. What are some fun activities or games to play at a bridal shower?

Some popular activities and games for bridal showers include a "How Well Do You Know the Bride?" quiz, bridal shower bingo, and a recipe exchange where guests bring a favorite recipe to share with the bride-to-be.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the bridal shower?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that make great gifts for a bride-to-be at her first bridal shower. You can purchase products directly from a Pampered Chef consultant at the event or order online through the bride's party link.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • vtolin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vtolin
  • AMTC