• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

15 Minute Fajeta's! ?Double Recipe?

In summary, the conversation discusses doubling a 15 minute fajita recipe and how to make it work in a baker, microwave or stovetop. Suggestions include multi-layering the chicken, using a grill or grill basket, and adjusting cooking times for larger portions. The general rule for meat in a DCB is 10 minutes per pound, but adjustments may need to be made for larger cuts of meat.
punkie1019
Just Curious if anyone has tried to double the 15 minute fajeta recipe?? Does it is still cook as well? Is it longer cook times? Thanks in advance.
JEN

I did this when I had to feed 9 people at my house, you can't completely double it just because it won't all fit in the baker, so I make a judgement on the veggies as far as what fits and then we cut the chicken into strips so it would hopefully not take as long to cook. My baker was very full but I still got the lid on. I started it cooking at 20 minutes and if I remember that was enough. They still turned out good!

I have doubled it many times. Just be sure and seperate the chicken as much as possible so it cooks evenly. Usually I put a layer of chicken on the bottom, then a layer of the onions & bell peppers, then another layer of chicken. Add about 5-7 mins of cooking time and check it after that.

pamperedlinda said:
I have doubled it many times. Just be sure and seperate the chicken as much as possible so it cooks evenly. Usually I put a layer of chicken on the bottom, then a layer of the onions & bell peppers, then another layer of chicken. Add about 5-7 mins of cooking time and check it after that.

That's a great idea about multi layering the chicken! Why didn't I think of this! :)

I did a double batch for a show, and what I did was, half went in the baker, in the microwave, and I cooked the other half in the 12" family skillet, on the stovetop. I got the idea from the Weekday Dinners - Done! recipe card collection, which shows how to make it either way. This way, I got to show off both products, as well as the card collection.
Also, since it's summer, you could cook the chicken on the grill, and the veggies in the grill basket!
Hope that helps!

We did the recipe twice at a show because the host wanted to use up the rest of the chicken she bought. Once the first batch was eaten the host made the second recipe in the same pan. It only took 20 minutes (including prep) and people did their catalog shopping and visiting during that time.

I have put almost double veggies and chicken in (I always cut the chicken into strips or chunks for more even cooking). It just makes cook time 20 minutes instead of 15. I cut through the biggest piece near the middle and if it's not done I move things around and nuke another 5 minutes.

That is fantastic. Thank you all for your input.
Here is another DCB question while I am thinking of it. If the general rule for meat in the DCB is 10 min. per pound can you then cook a 6 pound chicken or roast in the mic. for 60 or so min? Would you have to cut it down??
Thanks so much I love bouncing these thoughts off others.

NY, Pampered Chef Consultant

Hi there! I have actually tried doubling the 15-minute fajeta recipe and it turned out great! The cook time didn't change much, maybe an extra minute or two, but the end result was still delicious. I would recommend using a larger skillet or pan to accommodate the doubled ingredients. Happy cooking! -Jenny, Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How many servings does the "15 Minute Fajeta's!" double recipe make?

The double recipe for "15 Minute Fajeta's!" makes approximately 8 servings.

2. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef for this recipe?

Yes, you can easily substitute ground turkey for ground beef in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I omit the cheese to make this recipe dairy-free?

Yes, you can leave out the cheese to make this recipe dairy-free. You can also substitute with a dairy-free cheese alternative if desired.

4. How do I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

To make this recipe vegetarian-friendly, simply omit the ground beef and replace it with your choice of protein such as tofu or beans. You can also add in extra vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrition.

5. Can I meal prep this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can easily meal prep this recipe ahead of time. Simply assemble the fajitas and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, heat them in the microwave or wrap them in foil and heat in the oven. You can also freeze them for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tenille V.
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • lescalvelage