• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Earn $100 for Just a Few Hours of Work?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a successful ad that was placed in a local advertisement newspaper booklet. The ad, which cost $23, offered a flexible job opportunity with Pampered Chef and received 13 calls and 7 packets were sent out. One person joined on the spot but later changed their mind. The conversation then discussed the effectiveness of different types of ads and mentioned the advertising policies of Pampered Chef.
its_me_susan
As a thank you to all of you that have shared everything with me (especially Ginger!!!! and Maggie & Lauren too), I want to share what I am doing with GREAT success!!!! I have run an ad in the local advertisement news paper booklet type thing.... Here's what the $23 ad reads:

Earn $100 for each 2-3 hour night, work as many nights as you wish, full-P/T to save for a debt-free holiday season! Flexible hours, Pampered Chef home-based business. Must be at least 18. Ask me how Susan 860-916-7752. www.pamperedchef.biz/susangentile

I got about 13 calls -- - and was able to send out 7 career opportunity packets, interviewed one, and 6 of those sound very interested! If one joins (one did on the spot on line and then got cold feet an hour later), it's paid for. I use my cell phone number, and my phone KEPT ringing! I had to silence it at one point. lol.

I think I'll run it every other week until January 1st. It can't

Susan,
That is great! Was it in a classified-type section? I ran an ad a couple months ago as a picture ad for three weeks, every other week. Unfortunately nothing has come out of it...yet. There were two calls...one said no thank you, the other was a competing newspaper asking me to advertise with them. She did seem interested in a show, however, so we'll see. I'll keep hoping. But now I'm thinking I should do something more low key that says something similar to yours. I'm debating trying again, but in a classified section. I may wait until after the first of the year because I'm thinking people wouldn't be wanting to taking anything on until then. Congratulations on all that success! Keep us posted how it goes.

Becky no - it was one of those little booklets made of newspaper paper, where locals list their tag sales, for sale, help wanted, babysitter needed, handy man services offered, etc. I chose NOT to put it in a picture like ad, because I always skipped over those. There were many "help wanted" mixed in - but my wording really seemed to peek interest, and half were MEN! They all liked to cook but have never heard of PC, and half of those were still interested after I explained PC (like "William Sonoma but half the price"). :)

Let me know if you try it!

Very cool! I'll have to look around. I'm thinking of putting a classified ad in a parenting-type local free paper. But since my last bust, I'm a little reluctant to do it. I'll keep you posted!

I had wanted to do one like this as well but there is one problem. You are not allowed to mention pampered chef in an ad like that. You can do the ad just not mention the company. Not trying to ruin your fun. Like I said, I have wanted to do an ad as well and now I think I will, just not mention the company. Glad you had such a great response. :D

luvs2sellit said:
I had wanted to do one like this as well but there is one problem. You are not allowed to mention pampered chef in an ad like that. You can do the ad just not mention the company. Not trying to ruin your fun. Like I said, I have wanted to do an ad as well and now I think I will, just not mention the company. Glad you had such a great response. :D
I'm just curious....where is it stated we can't mention the company? I practically memorized the advertising policies from Recipe for Success when I ran an ad a couple months ago. Here's what it says on page F-18 in Recipe for Success about advertising in newspapers and magazines:

Kitchen Consultants and above - You may place paid advertisements in local, community and national newspapers, town newsletters, Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations' publications, school, church or county fair programs, flyers, etc., and in local and national magazines.

In all advertisements, you must identify yourself as an independent Kitchen Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees.

So, according to how I interpret it, we are allowed to say Pampered Chef and we're even allowed to use the logo if we want to in an ad.

I just wanted to see if I'm missing some other policy out there. Thanks! :)

pamperedbecky said:
Very cool! I'll have to look around. I'm thinking of putting a classified ad in a parenting-type local free paper. But since my last bust, I'm a little reluctant to do it. I'll keep you posted!

THAT sounds like the PERFECT place for this ad! I'm a SAHM, and this is a WONDERFUL way to earn extra cash, get out even a few times a week, and meet other moms! I say go for it!

I did go back and read the guidelines. And it does say you can (my director had told me I could not when I asked her last year). However, it does say you must list yourself as an independent kitchen consultant in the ad as not to confuse anyone who is running the ad, a individual or PC. Needless to say, I will be placing an ad Tuesday morning in our local paper. Wish me luck. And thanks for your post, it got us all excited!!! :D

OK so are you saying it is okay to post our website in the ad? That identifies us as Pampered Chef which is what I thought we were not allowed to do! Susan I love the way your ad is "short but sweet". I think if we get to wordy they dont even bother to read it. Laura - good luck with your ad, please post what you are going to say and let us know the response it gets!

I got this from consultant's corner in advertising and publicity guidelines. This is what must happen if we decide to place an ad in a newspaper or magazine.
I hope this helps clear the air a little.

Advertising: Newspapers and Magazines
Kitchen Consultants and above You may place paid advertisements in local, community and national newspapers, town newsletters, Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations' publications, school, church or county fair programs, fliers, etc., and in local and national magazines.

In all advertisements, you must identify yourself as an independent Kitchen Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees. See Title guideline above.

See separate policies on publicity.

Title/Identification
Kitchen Consultants and above As you promote your business, your materials must clearly identify you as an independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef, rather than as the company or one of its employees.

Full Name
"Independent Kitchen Consultant" or "Independent Sales Director"
(or appropriate title)
for The Pampered Chef®

Example:
Mary Smith
Independent Sales Director
for The Pampered Chef®

why don't we all run ads this week and come back with the results. I think becky's ad is great-short and sweet. I am excited at the possibilities. Wish me luck. Good luck to you all as well.

Actually, it wasn't my ad....it was Susan's. It is a great ad and if I do some more advertising, I'll do it in the classifieds, worded much like Susan. Thanks for sharing Susan!!

Also, what do you all thing the pros and cons are of running an ad NOW versus running it after the first of the year? That's what I want to try to weigh. Thanks!

Whoops! Sorry Becky. Great ad Susan.

1. What is "13 Responses to This Ad!!!"?

"13 Responses to This Ad!!!" is a new cookbook from Pampered Chef that features 13 delicious recipes that have been tested and approved by our team of chefs.

2. Are the recipes in "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" are designed to be easy to follow and can be made by anyone, whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook.

3. Can I purchase "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" online?

Yes, "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" is available for purchase on our website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find it at select retailers.

4. Are there any special ingredients required for the recipes in "13 Responses to This Ad!!!"?

Most of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your local grocery store. However, there may be a few specialty ingredients that can be purchased through Pampered Chef or substituted with a similar ingredient.

5. Can I customize the recipes in "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, "13 Responses to This Ad!!!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can also make substitutions or omit certain ingredients to fit your specific restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rockyrhode
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies