• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake

In summary, the woman followed the instructions for baking a cake, but the outcome was very gummy. She suggests using one stick of butter instead of three and cooking it for 13 minutes rather than 10. She also recommends using a can of Sprite instead of the apple pie filling. The man in the conversation is very predictable and did not recommend any changes to the recipe.
RMDave
Gold Member
Well I followed the instructions ... can of pie filling on the bottom of the DCB, a box of cake mix on top, 1-1/2 sticks of butter (YIKES) cut into small pieces on top.

10 minutes on High in the microwave (covered), still everything together, 3 more minutes in the microwave.

Let it sit covered for 10 minutes ...

Boy was that a gummy mess. Not quite the consistency of a breadpudding. Not quite a cake. Sorta gummy. Naw, VERY gummy.

What should I have expected?

i like to do the cake on the bottom and the pie filling on top, cook for 7-9mins, the take out, stir, and put back in....oh and add more sprinkle! ;) It does look weird but good.

:rolleyes:Waiting for a Dave comment about diabetes in a bottle....

ShelbyMichalek said:
:rolleyes:Waiting for a Dave comment about diabetes in a bottle....

Right! The man is predictable now. ;)

Diabetes in a Ziplock bag?

I wouldn't let it sit covered after you take it out - that probably made all the moisture settle on the cake and made it gummy. I just make sure it's relatively dry on top before I take it out the last time, and then I serve right away with ice cream.

When I made it with butter, I only used 1 stick (here in Canada that would be a 1/2 cup, I believe).
I've since tried it with a can of Sprite instead of the butter (I don't know if Diet Sprite would work...), and it's just as good, perhaps a smoother texture yet.

A can of Sprite? I've been trying to figure out how to make this lighter... I'll have to try a can of sprite!!When I make this, I only use one stick of butter. I put the apple pie filling on the bottom, sprinkle the entire white cake mix over that. I melt the butter first, and then pour it as evenly as possible over the cake mix. 13 minutes in the microwave WITHOUT stirring at all!! When it comes out, it's not gooey - the topping is more like a crust. It's really good!!!I think I'll try it with sprite today!!

I have made this in a regular oven, but you don't stir it. It's just a cobbler and the cake mix and butter on top make a cakey crumb top.

Someone made one at our sales meeting last week and they didn't stir. It was yummy.

Yes, I make it without stirring, too. I prefer the top to get golden brown so I put mine in the oven. It stays nice & hot for hours after. It is a big hit at work.

I've had these a few times at sales meetings and personally I think they taste pretty nasty. But then, I'm also a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix and I don't like the texture of the cakes cooked in the microwave.

pamperedlinda said:
I've had these a few times at sales meetings and personally I think they taste pretty nasty. But then, I'm also a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix and I don't like the texture of the cakes cooked in the microwave.

I :love:Love :love: you, Girlfriend! Cake Snobs Unite! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I :love:Love :love: you, Girlfriend! Cake Snobs Unite! :D

I :love: heart :love: you too Becky!

1. What is a "13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake"?

A "13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake" is a quick and easy dessert that can be made in just 13 minutes using a variety of pantry staples and canned fruit.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a "13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake"?

The ingredients you will need are a can of fruit pie filling, a box of yellow cake mix, a stick of butter, and any additional toppings or mix-ins of your choice.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make a "13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake"?

No, you do not need any special equipment. All you need is a 9x13 inch baking dish and an oven.

4. Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit?

Yes, you can use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit. However, the cooking time may vary and you may need to add some additional liquid to the fruit.

5. Can I make a "13 Minute Cobbler Aka Dump Cake" in advance?

Yes, you can make the cake in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, but be sure to thaw it before reheating in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies