• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

13 minute cobbler aka Dump Cake

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Well I followed the instructions ... can of pie filling on the bottom of the DCB, a box of cake mix on top, 1-1/2 sticks of butter (YIKES) cut into small pieces on top.

10 minutes on High in the microwave (covered), still everything together, 3 more minutes in the microwave.

Let it sit covered for 10 minutes ...

Boy was that a gummy mess. Not quite the consistency of a breadpudding. Not quite a cake. Sorta gummy. Naw, VERY gummy.

What should I have expected?

jbdowd0798

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2008
i like to do the cake on the bottom and the pie filling on top, cook for 7-9mins, the take out, stir, and put back in....oh and add more sprinkle! ;) It does look weird but good.

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
:rolleyes:Waiting for a Dave comment about diabetes in a bottle....

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Diabetes in a Ziplock bag?

cheflorraine

Gold Member
May 19, 2009
I wouldn't let it sit covered after you take it out - that probably made all the moisture settle on the cake and made it gummy. I just make sure it's relatively dry on top before I take it out the last time, and then I serve right away with ice cream.

cheflorraine

Gold Member
May 19, 2009
When I made it with butter, I only used 1 stick (here in Canada that would be a 1/2 cup, I believe).
I've since tried it with a can of Sprite instead of the butter (I don't know if Diet Sprite would work...), and it's just as good, perhaps a smoother texture yet.

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
A can of Sprite? I've been trying to figure out how to make this lighter... I'll have to try a can of sprite!!

When I make this, I only use one stick of butter. I put the apple pie filling on the bottom, sprinkle the entire white cake mix over that. I melt the butter first, and then pour it as evenly as possible over the cake mix. 13 minutes in the microwave WITHOUT stirring at all!! When it comes out, it's not gooey - the topping is more like a crust. It's really good!!!

I think I'll try it with sprite today!!

ChefParty4U

Feb 20, 2010
I have made this in a regular oven, but you don't stir it. It's just a cobbler and the cake mix and butter on top make a cakey crumb top.

Someone made one at our sales meeting last week and they didn't stir. It was yummy.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Yes, I make it without stirring, too. I prefer the top to get golden brown so I put mine in the oven. It stays nice & hot for hours after. It is a big hit at work.

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
I've had these a few times at sales meetings and personally I think they taste pretty nasty. But then, I'm also a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix and I don't like the texture of the cakes cooked in the microwave.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I've had these a few times at sales meetings and personally I think they taste pretty nasty. But then, I'm also a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix and I don't like the texture of the cakes cooked in the microwave.

I :love:Love :love: you, Girlfriend! Cake Snobs Unite! :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies