• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which size skillet is better for a family: 12 or 10?

In summary, the 10" skillet has 2" sides and is not big enough for Jackie's family. The 12" skillet is the same as the 10" skillet but smaller and lives on Jackie's cooktop. The 7 piece set is loved by Jackie and uses the 10" skillet everyday. The 12" is the workhorse and lives on Jackie's cooktop. The 10" is part of Jackie's Executive Set and would love to have the 12" for shows and cooking large amounts of ground meat at once. The 7 piece set is loved by Jackie and uses the 10" skillet everyday. The 12" is the workhorse and lives on Jackie's cooktop. The 10" is part of Jackie's Executive Set and would love
linojackie
I am FINALLY going to get my new cookware and I'm so happy I could just piddle! I am afraid I'll only have enough orders to turn in one show of my own, so I am trying to decide between ordering the 12" inch skillet or the 7 piece set. My old crappy 10" skillet has 2" sides and is not big enough for my family. Does anyone know how many inches the sides on the 10 executive skillet are?

Last edited:
Jackie its the same as the 12 inch but smaller - that is it - I love my 12 skillet!! But I also love all the cookware - so........... it depends on what you would use most.

I have the 7 piece set and LOVE it!! I use the 10" skillet everyday! I have 5 people in my family that I cook for and have done 3lbs of meat at a time in it just fine. If you're only going to be able to get one item at 60% off, you might as well make it count and get the set! LOL My sister and I both got one last year when they had it on special and another sister is getting it this year!

I've found the 12" skillet to be the workhorse. It lives on our cooktop.

I use my 12" HANDSDOWN the most of all the other ones combined.

I have the 10" as part of my Executive Set and would LOVE to have the 12" for shows AND cooking large amounts of ground meat at once....

legacypc46 said:
I've found the 12" skillet to be the workhorse. It lives on our cooktop.

Hey, that's where my 10" lives! Well, truth be told, most of my cookware lives there! LOL I feel like there is no need to put them away, I just have to get them back out again!

I got the 7 piece set and the 12" a while back and I love my 7 piece set. There's only dh and 2 yr old ds so I don't use the 12" a lot right now, but I do if I have to cook for the inlaws.

I love my 12" skillet. I always use it.

Have to say, I was such a cynic about the 12" Exec pan. Family of 3, figured it was 'too big' for most of our meals.Wrong! Ours lives on the cooktop. Use it daily, last night made a huge loaf of sourdough bread in it (a two loaf recipe). Heat tortillas, cook pasta, cook all sorts of veggies and meats, stir frys, etc. Great for roasted chicken parts with roasted veggies too. So sorry I waited to try it out.

I'm either using the 10" since there's only two of us or power cooking 8-10 lbs of beef in the Roasting Pan with Rack. I pretty much only use the 12" when I'm preparing a PC recipe that calls for it (Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, Power cooking at a show, etc). I do like the handle on the other side of the 12", but I agree with Shawna...if you have the money for the set and want it, get it instead of one piece! I myself am looking forward to the 5-piece set since I dropped my 2qt Generation II saucepan a while back and the lid doesn't fit on it now!

I have earned the 7 piece set and 5 piece set plus 12" Skillet. I use the 12" Skillet more often. I always bring it to all of my shows and I demo the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.
PamperedDor can tell you how I am always making the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake at my shows:D

Ok, so the next question is, Executive or Stainless. I have 2 pieces of Executive now (the 8" saute and Square Griddle) and one piece of Stainless (8" saute). I would like to display them to free up some space in my cupboards (for all my stoneware!!!) so would it look ok to mix n' match, or should I go with one or the other?

I personally hate the stainless, but then there are those that love it. I don't like it because it says dishwasher safe, but I always have to wash by hand to keep it from turning colors and to get it clean. Also, it's not non stick like the executive and virtually impossible to fry an egg. Believe me, I've tried numerous times and it doesn't work. That being said, if you are accustome to using stainless, you may like it. It is very heavy duty and nicely made.

linojackie said:
Ok, so the next question is, Executive or Stainless. I have 2 pieces of Executive now (the 8" saute and Square Griddle) and one piece of Stainless (8" saute). I would like to display them to free up some space in my cupboards (for all my stoneware!!!) so would it look ok to mix n' match, or should I go with one or the other?

I love the Stainless. But I do have a mix of Non-Stick and Stainless. Each has its own purpose. But, then again, I was raised using Stainless. (All my saucepans up until a couple years ago were Stainless!!)

Question for you is: what is your current cookware that you are replacing? If it is non-stick, then stay with the Executive.

I have both 12" SS and EXEC and love both. But, if you do decide to get the 12", you will probably use the Executive much more often. Especially for the cakes and browning ground beef.

I tell guests to get the Executive unless they are used to cooking with Stainless. I tell them to stick with what they know. Most use non-stick so I usually suggest getting the 8 or 10 inch SS saute as a try-me piece.

I use stainless for my saucepans and stockpots, but love the executive for saute pans and skillets. I have a stainless skillet that I only use when I'm doing a recipe where you want to brown the meat and have the browned bits stuck to the pan (fond? is that what it's called?)to use to make sauces. I guess it depends on what kind of cooking you do and what your preference is. I have to say, though, I scorched my spaghetti sauce the other day in my stainless saucepan and it cleaned super easily and looked still brand new. So I think our stainless is pretty good.

You're going to get as many different answers as there are members. ;) As stated above, go with what you're used to. I grew up in a house with no nonstick pans. When I got married, though, I did a real number on a couple of stainless saute pans (probably because I wasn't used to cooking because Mom didn't like anyone in her kitchen). When I got my PC cookware, all we had was nonstick and I'll never switch back, at least for my general purpose cookware. (I've got the 12" SS and I love it, but still reach for the Professional one first.)

1. What is the difference between a 12" skillet and a 10" skillet?

The main difference between a 12" skillet and a 10" skillet is their size. The 12" skillet has a larger cooking surface, making it better for cooking larger quantities of food. The 10" skillet, on the other hand, is more suitable for smaller portions or individual servings.

2. Can I use the same recipes for both the 12" and 10" skillet?

Yes, you can use the same recipes for both the 12" and 10" skillet. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time and heat settings for the smaller skillet to ensure that your food is cooked evenly.

3. Is the 12" skillet more expensive than the 10" skillet?

Typically, the 12" skillet is more expensive than the 10" skillet due to its larger size. However, the price may vary depending on the brand and materials used for each skillet.

4. Which skillet is better for cooking meats?

The 12" skillet is generally better for cooking meats as it has a larger surface area, allowing for more even cooking and the ability to cook larger cuts of meat. However, the 10" skillet can still be used for cooking meats, especially if cooking for one or two people.

5. Can I use the 12" skillet on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the 12" skillet can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific guidelines or restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NOLA RN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • meganmcg