1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 12" skillet - help

1. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Which do you prefer the SS or non stick? I have the older PC non stick set that is still in great condition but I want to get a larger skillet. SS or non stick?? What do you prefer?

2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It really depends on how you cook. I prefer the Executive for most things. However, if I'm cooking meat or making a sauce I use the SS.

If you already have a great non-stick, the SS might be a good idea.

Aug 27, 2009
  3. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

I have both. It depends on what you are using it for. I love the SS for searing and getting the nice crust on meats. It cleans up easily and you can put it in the dishwasher. My non stick I use for thing I do not want to stick to the pan like eggs, pancakes and things I do not want to add extra oil to.

Aug 27, 2009
  4. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I love the covered 12" SS. I use it for all my family meals.

5. Belle4562

Belle4562 Member

I love my SS too!

Aug 27, 2009
  6. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i use my executive and i love it!!!!! i rarely use my ss at all, but keep it just to show if they want to see it

Aug 27, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

For personal use - I love both - and use them for different things - as others have mentioned. I probably use the SS more at home.

But, as far as using for shows - I use the Exec 12" way more than the SS, if even for Skillet Cakes and now for offering some stovetop Dinners to hosts.

Aug 27, 2009
  8. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I believe it's a matter of personal preference. I only have the non stick and don't feel like I need anything else.

Aug 27, 2009
  9. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

i agree! :thumbup:

Aug 28, 2009
  10. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Executive is used most.

Have something to add?