• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Skillet Desserts: Pineapple Upside Down and Turtle Fudge Cakes

P
Pampered Laura
Anything besides the Pineapple Upside Down cake and TurtleFudge Skillet Cake out there? I did the pineapple upside down cake and it turned out pretty good - the Turtle Fudge one was SO much easier though. Any other options for showing this skillet as a dessert demo?
Uploads would be loverly. :rolleyes:

:D I have made the Chocolate-Strawberry cake at all my shows and even my meeting this month since it is PINK! It is so good and gives a nice twist to the TFSC. Good Luck!

Attachments

• Help Whip Cancer in the Pink Recipes.doc
    157.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Fabulous Family Skillet Cakes.doc
    25 KB · Views: 468
Wonderful for Summer.......I do the Angel Almond Skillet Cake with the Fresh Fruit Topping (It's from a SB about 2yrs ago I think) - I'll have to find the actual recipe and post it - it is absolutely delicious, and so easy - and at my show this week, 2 people were absolutely ecstatic because they are on WW,and had saved 5 points hoping to at least have something to eat at the show and were able to have a regular sized portion! It's also very pretty to look at!

Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake...is awesome! It's from SB 2004...
Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake
3 eggs, separated
1 can cherry pie filling
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 pkg. devil's food cake mix
1 jar hot fudge ice cream topping
1/3 c. sliced almonds
Lightly spray skillet with oil. Whisk egg whites; add pie filling, water, and extract, mix well. Add cake mix, mix until well blended. Pour evenly over skillet. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350. Cool 10 minutes, loosen with skinny scraper. Invert onto serving plate. Carefully spread fudge topping over cake; sprinkle with almonds.

This is one of my FAVORITE skillet cakes! Plus, it's considered 'light'!:D

Hi there! I'm glad you enjoyed the Pineapple Upside Down cake and Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake - they are both delicious options for showcasing the versatility of our skillet. Some other dessert ideas that work well in a skillet are apple crisp, peach cobbler, and chocolate chip cookie skillet. These can all be easily prepared and demoed at a party, and I'm sure your guests will love them. If you need any recipe suggestions or tips for showcasing the skillet, feel free to reach out to me. Happy cooking!

1. Can I make other types of cakes in a skillet besides Pineapple Upside Down and Turtle Fudge?

Yes, there are many different types of cakes that can be made in a skillet. Some popular options include chocolate chip cookie skillet, blueberry buckle, apple cinnamon cake, and lemon pound cake. The key is to use a skillet that is oven-safe and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Are there any savory options for skillet desserts?

Absolutely! Skillets can be used to make delicious savory desserts such as cornbread, quiche, and even savory galettes. These are great options for those who prefer a less sweet dessert.

3. Can I make a skillet dessert without using the oven?

Yes, there are many no-bake skillet dessert recipes available. These often involve using a stovetop or microwave to cook the dessert instead of the oven. Some examples include no-bake skillet s'mores and skillet brownies.

4. Can I use a cast iron skillet for making skillet desserts?

Yes, cast iron skillets are great for making skillet desserts as they distribute heat evenly and can go from stovetop to oven seamlessly. Just be sure to properly season and care for your cast iron skillet to prevent sticking.

5. Are there any vegan or gluten-free options for skillet desserts?

Yes, there are many vegan and gluten-free skillet desserts available. Some popular options include vegan skillet cookie, gluten-free skillet peach cobbler, and vegan skillet brownies. Just be sure to use alternative ingredients and adjust the recipe accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • AJPratt