• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone

In summary, The fluted stone can make cakes that are either dry or too sticky. It is recommended to try it with different cake recipes to see which one is the best for the stone. The main reason for doing this before the party is because you want to use and start season the pan before the party.
ccrcata
I recently purchased the fluted stone and my next host chose the 12 minutes Apple Cinnamon Cake. I made it once before, to make sure I'm not going to have any unpleasant surprises at the show. I followed the exact recipe: 1 can pie filling, one box cake mix, 3 eggs. I founded a little beat dry. So I thought to try one more time and use two cans of pie filling. This time I used the chocolate cherry cake. Seamed to bee too sticky and I had to keep it in the microwave for longer.
Does anybody have more experience with these 12 minutes recipes so it will be a success at the party?

Thank you

I have done a regular box cake mix prepared to box directions, pour in fluted stone and then scoop a can of frosting around on top. 11-12 minutes in the microwave then let stand for 20 minutes and then flip out on SA round platter. Icing has melted and sunk to bottom so it covers the cake when flipped out. I call it Lava cake. I have done this with chocolate cake and icing also I have done it with a white cake mix and chocolate icing and spice cake with cream cheese icing. All were wonderful and the guests enjoyed them. Hope that helps.

I have made dozens of these using the i box of cake mix, 3 eggs and a can of pie filling (or 2 cups pudding) and have always had them turn out perfectly. If they're coming out dry, it's possible you may be cooking it a bit too much. Mine are usually done by 11 mins. and then I let them sit, inverted on the SA round platter with the stone still on it, for about 10 mins. before I take the stone off. The cake steams a bit which may help keep it moist.

The strength of your microwave will really affect the cook time on these cakes. So much so, that unless you're making it in your own microwave for the show, practicing it ahead of time won't really help. The original instructions I had for them, from back in 2001, actually called them 15 Minute Cakes. That 3 minute difference in cook time can be the difference between gooey batter and a completely cooked cake.Letting them sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes will help them cook a little more from the residual heat. And the texture of these cakes doesn't appeal to everyone (I find them to be a little rubbery).

chefann said:
The strength of your microwave will really affect the cook time on these cakes. So much so, that unless you're making it in your own microwave for the show, practicing it ahead of time won't really help. The original instructions I had for them, from back in 2001, actually called them 15 Minute Cakes. That 3 minute difference in cook time can be the difference between gooey batter and a completely cooked cake.

Letting them sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes will help them cook a little more from the residual heat. And the texture of these cakes doesn't appeal to everyone (I find them to be a little rubbery).

I think they are gross. :yuck: I've never had a fluted stone Microwave cake that I liked.

I have found that these cakes really should be eaten warm. My guests rave about them and I have loved them when I've had a taste right away. When I've tried it later once the cake is cooled I have to agree they aren't too good.

Try this combo (it tastes like a krispy kreme donut): yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 16 oz sour cream, 1/2 tub vanilla icing.

BethCooks4U said:
I have found that these cakes really should be eaten warm. My guests rave about them and I have loved them when I've had a taste right away. When I've tried it later once the cake is cooled I have to agree they aren't too good.

Try this combo (it tastes like a krispy kreme donut): yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 16 oz sour cream, 1/2 tub vanilla icing.

I thought at sour cream also to add it so it will make the cake a little beat moist. And I did let it for 13 minutes the first time (the one too dry) and about 17 the one with two cans of pie filling.
The main reason for doing this before the party is because I want to use and start season the pan before the party. First time a part of it sticked to the pan, the second time was better. The third time hope it will be good, because is at the party :)

Thanks for your opinions and the lava cake sounds realllllly interesting.

You need to have the cakes WITH the pudding in them--i think its Duncan Hines cake mixes with the pudding in them but they turn out the best!

Yes, it was the one with the pudding in it. I just hope things will be fine at the show. I really liked the chocolate cherry better than the apple one but...that was the host choice.

I use Pillsbury and they turn out AWESOME!! Every host that I have requests the lava cake. I also do an extacy cake that is amazing. You just mix the cake mix according to directions and bake it in the microwave for 12-15 min. When it comes flip it onto a platter and poke holes in the cake and while it is still hot add a whole can of sweetened condensed milk making sure you get it into the holes. Then add a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Serve with cool whip and sprinkles. It is sooooooo good i could eat the whole thing myself lol. When it sits for a while it becomes gooey and even better :)

I love doing the 12 cakes in the microwave, but, what I do is use half can of icing and spread on bottom and along the sides of the fluted stone. I use duncan hines chocolate cake and follow instructions and pour over iced stone. It comes out looking like a lava cake and the guests love it. soooo moist

1. How do I use the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone?

The 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to bake cakes, breads, quiches, and more in just 12 minutes. To use it, simply preheat your oven to the recommended temperature, prepare your batter or dough, and pour it into the fluted stone. Place the stone in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Once done, let it cool before removing the cake from the stone.

2. Can I use the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone for recipes that call for a regular cake pan?

Yes, you can use the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone for any recipe that calls for a regular cake pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as the fluted stone bakes faster than a traditional pan. We recommend reducing the baking time by about 5 minutes and checking for doneness with a toothpick.

3. How do I clean the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone?

Cleaning the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone is easy and hassle-free. Simply let the stone cool completely before rinsing it with warm water and a mild soap. Do not use harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stone. You can also place the stone in the dishwasher for convenient cleaning.

4. Can I use the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone in a convection oven?

Yes, the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone is safe to use in a convection oven. Just be sure to follow the recommended baking temperature and time for best results. The stone may bake slightly faster in a convection oven, so keep an eye on your cake to prevent over-baking.

5. What makes the 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone different from other baking stones?

The 12 Minutes Cake in Fluted Stone is unique because of its fluted design, which allows for even heat distribution and faster baking times. The stone is also made of durable stoneware that is heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures, making it a versatile and long-lasting addition to your kitchen arsenal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • DebPC