• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Skillet is Best for Consultants?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best skillet option for shows and sales. The choices are between a 12 inch stainless skillet and a 12 inch executive non-stick skillet. The advantages and disadvantages of each are discussed, including the ability to make skillet cakes and cook a whole meal in one pan with the stainless skillet, and the easy cleaning and more versatile recipes with the non-stick skillet. Personal preferences and experiences are shared, and it is concluded that the executive non-stick skillet is the most popular and versatile option for shows. It is also mentioned that the lids are interchangeable between the two skillets.
Tracy99
Gold Member
So my kit enhancement is coming up in June (new consultant couldn't do it in April). I have been thinking all along that I wanted to get the 12 in stainless skillet. But now I am wondering if I should get the 12 in executive skillet. I know there are different reasons for each but which one do you think is most usual for shows? Is there one the customers ask about more? You can do skillet cakes in either. I love the idea of doing an entire meal in one pan (stove top, oven, broiler) that the stainless offers but I also want to get what will be the most versatile for shows and help me get bookings or sales. So I can only get one, which one should I get (and why)? Thank you.

I went with the Executive...it's hard to say which would be most attractive because that varies with each person. One of my recent hosts got the 10" SS because she prefers stainless for sauces, etc...and she wants to test one out before committing to PC to upgrade her whole set...I tend to prefer non stick myself :)

I was faced with the same dilemma. I ended up getting the executive, non-stick, skillet.
I wanted the stainless because it can make fond, you can put it under the broiler, and is dishwasher safe. I liked the non-stick because it is easy to clean, oven safe (not broiler), and has more recipes that I want to try (that you can't do with the stainless because it will stick). I ended up telling myself that I should get the 10" stainless for making recipes with fond and broiling. I bought the 12" executive and LOVE it! I do not regret getting the non-stick version. It is so easy to clean. I think it will be better for showing off to customers.
In the end it is a personal preference, but I thought I'd share with you what I looked at.

non stick outsells stainless nationally... get what will sell more

It is definitely a personal preference, and cooking with SS takes some adjusting and learning. Once you learn "how to cook" with SS, you will love it.

Personally, I LOVE the Executive (non-stick). Definitely most often used, both at home and for shows. I'd go for that one and later get the SS. PCJenni also points out a great fact.

You will be able to do most recipes with your non stick and you can talk about the broiling and fond features of SS at your shows.

Ok so another question. Are the lids interchangeable? I don't think I can swing getting both but if I did get the SS first could I use the same lid on the non-stick? You have me leaning toward the non-stick now but I'd still really love to get the stainless in the future.

The lids will fit both. they just have cosmetic differences.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I totally understand your dilemma. Both the 12 inch stainless skillet and the 12 inch executive skillet are great options, but it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and the needs of your customers. The 12 inch stainless skillet is definitely a versatile and durable choice. It can go from stovetop to oven to broiler, making it perfect for skillet cakes and one-pan meals. Plus, the stainless steel material is known for its even heat distribution and easy clean-up. On the other hand, the 12 inch executive skillet offers some unique features that may be appealing to your customers. It has a non-stick surface and a glass lid, which can be great for showcasing your cooking during a demonstration. It also has a larger capacity, making it a good choice for cooking for larger groups. In terms of what customers ask about more, it really depends on their individual needs and preferences. Some may be looking for a durable and versatile skillet, while others may be drawn to the convenience of a non-stick surface. Ultimately, my recommendation would be to go with the 12 inch stainless skillet. It offers a great balance of versatility and durability, and it's a staple in many kitchens. However, if you have the opportunity to try out both skillets, I would highly recommend doing so and seeing which one you personally prefer. I hope this helps in your decision-making process. Happy cooking and good luck with your kit enhancement in June!

1. What size skillet should I invest in as a consultant?

As a consultant, it's important to have a versatile skillet that can accommodate different types of meals. We recommend investing in a 12-inch skillet, as it is a great size for cooking a variety of dishes and can also handle larger quantities.

2. Is a non-stick skillet better for consultants?

Non-stick skillets are great for easily releasing food and making cleanup a breeze. However, they may not be as durable as other types of skillets. We recommend investing in a high-quality non-stick skillet that can withstand frequent use and last for a long time.

3. What material should I look for in a skillet as a consultant?

The best material for a skillet depends on personal preference and cooking needs. Stainless steel skillets are durable and versatile, while cast iron skillets have excellent heat retention. Ceramic skillets are non-toxic and great for cooking at high temperatures. Consider your cooking style and choose a material that best suits your needs.

4. Can I use a skillet on all types of stovetops as a consultant?

Most skillets are designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure compatibility. Additionally, some skillets may not be safe to use in the oven, so be sure to read the instructions carefully.

5. Is it worth investing in a high-end skillet as a consultant?

As a consultant, you'll likely be using your skillet frequently for cooking demonstrations and preparing meals for your customers. Investing in a high-end skillet can make a big difference in the quality of your cooking and the durability of your cookware. Consider your budget and cooking needs when deciding on the best skillet for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BeckyC5830