• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glass Lid Popping Sound - Normal or Cause for Concern?

In summary, some people have experienced a popping or crackling sound when removing the glass lid from a skillet or after resting on a counter. However, the sound has not been a problem for everyone.
jeninthekitchen5
Has anyone experienced the glass lid making a popping or crackling sound when removing it from the skillet or after resting countertop? Mine has doen this a couple of times but I've only used it 3-5 times.

Nope, never heard anything like that...

All my lids make that sound. No problem, yet.

I have had my 12" Skillets (SS & Exec) for close to a year and the lids have never made that noise.

But, I just got the 5-piece set and the lid on the 10" skillet was constantly "popping". It is hard to describe - but I know what you mean. The lid would make popping/creaking noises while on the skillet and also when resting on the sink or counter.

Since none of my others did that, I exchanged it. The rep I spoke to had never heard of it - but she still arranged for an exchange. The new lid has not made any popping noises!

Yes! I just got my new Executive Family Skillet w/lid. I used it for the first time last week and it made the popping sound. I noticed it more when I would take it off the skillet (to stir my rice) and after I turned the burner off while it sat on the skillet. Weird....

I've heard it when I left the lid on the counter. I think it has something to do with the heat taking the air out from under the lid. That's just my theory.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My non-PC glass lid for my old skillet did that. Now my new PC lid for the skillet does it. It does it even while it's just in use, too. I wondered if I should call. But being that my old one did the same thing, I thought maybe it was normal for some reason.

Mine do it too!

That is so weird! Glad I am not the only one. I wonder if we should return them, or if there's no harm.:confused: I would hate for the glass to crack one day!

mine do this as well. Thought it was just a temperature change thing.

etteluap70PC said:
mine do this as well. Thought it was just a temperature change thing.

Yes that's what it is. Mine have always did it.

What is the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound"?

The "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" is a unique feature of Pampered Chef's 12-inch Glass Lid. When the lid is properly sealed on a pot or pan, it will make a distinct popping sound, indicating that a vacuum seal has been created.

How does the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" work?

The "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" is created by the steam inside the pot or pan. As the steam builds up and creates pressure, it pushes against the lid, causing it to pop. Once the pressure is released, the lid will no longer make the popping sound.

Why is the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" important?

The "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" is important because it indicates that a tight seal has been created, which helps to trap heat and moisture inside the pot or pan. This can result in faster and more even cooking, as well as better flavor retention.

Is the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" necessary for cooking?

No, the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" is not necessary for cooking. It is simply a unique feature of the Pampered Chef 12-inch Glass Lid that can provide assurance that a proper seal has been created.

Can I use the "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" on any pot or pan?

The "12" Glass Lid Popping Sound" is designed specifically for use with Pampered Chef's 12-inch Glass Lid and may not work with other pots or pans. It is recommended to always use the lid with Pampered Chef's recommended cookware for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
rockyrhode
  • BadGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies