1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 11 Minute BBQ Chicken Sandwiches?

1. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

At the end of the Director's call today Linda Bowles mentioned that there is a great recipe floating around on the loops featuring the DCB- where we make BBQ chicken sandwiches in 11 minutes.

I booked 2 shows today by offering it!!!:sing:

The only problem is I can't find the recipe. Anyone know what she is talking about?

Thanks, Elaine

Mar 18, 2009
  2. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Wasn't that one of the power cooking chicken recipes?

3. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

4. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I've got the bbq pork sandwiches but nothing for bbq chicken sandwiches, sorry. Maybe she was mistaken and meant pork? If not and you do find it, please share!

Mar 19, 2009
  5. Chefgirl2

She said it was floating around on some of the loops. I did tons of the BBQ pork sandwiches last year. Not everyone eats pork so this really made me interested.

What other loops are there? I'm on my upline's loop, but I haven't seenanything there...

Mar 19, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think you just substitute chicken for the pork in that recipe.

OR There is a really great BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe in the 29 MIN Vol2, and I have subbed chicken in that one a couple times - it's really good!

Mar 20, 2009
  7. avelissar

avelissar Member

Hi,

For this recipe, just bake the chicken in the microwave 3 minutes per chicken breasts. Then shred with salad choppers. While this is baking, I demo the barbeque sauce. Simply pour on, stir and serve. I have sold lots of salad choppers doing this recipe.

Andrea

Apr 16, 2009
  8. Chefgirl2

Found it...Or something like it! This came in a morning after the show email from that I received from another director. These were a HUGE hit!! I love that guests are realising the value of the DCB!!!!

By request we did not do the onions, and I sort of had an old fashioned type show that was not interactive. I had a the host trim the chicken and we all said what we loved and spoke about a new product. The show took around 50 minutes. But, sales are $869 with an early May booking and a few maybes...WaHoo!!

Chicken Barbecue Sandwiches
    3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
    Pampered Chef Garlic Infused Canola Oil
    Pampered Chef Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub
    2 small onions
    mini buns

Brush chicken with oil & pat generously with barbecue rub. Cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker for 10 to 15 minutes in the microwave or until temperature reads 160 with the Instant Read Pocket Thermometer. When done, drain of necessary, then chop with Salad Chopper. Add Smoky Barbecue Sauce and mix. Slice 2 small onions with Ultimate Mandoline. Saute until caramelized in an Executive skillet. Serve on small buns with onions using Medium Scoop.
    Smoky Barbecue Sauce
    1 cup ketchup
    ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 tablespoons Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar or white vinegar

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in Executive Saucepan. Bring to a
    boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir into chicken or serve on sandwiches.

Apr 20, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

LOL - that's the Mini BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe, only using chicken instead!:D

Congrats on the great show! I almost always sub chicken for pork, because more people eat chicken.

Apr 21, 2009
  10. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I am adding these to my DCB show choices! Sounds great, think I will make them for lunch tomorrow.

Apr 21, 2009
  11. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I just made these at my show last night, I thought I made up the recipe myself, guess not. You just use chicken instead of pork. Make the bbq sause and chop the chicken, mix and serve on rolls. I call mine 10 minute chicken bbq sandwiches. I did them in November all month and have started doing them again this month. They are soooo very easy and quick to demo.

12. emo812

emo812 Member

This sounds good too! Can't wait to try it out.

May 1, 2009
  13. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

I was skeptical with the chicken but it was DELICIOUS!! I'll be making it at shows for sure!!

May 2, 2009
  14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Any chance we can use oil with pressed garlic as a sub for the PC Infused Oil?

Is it worth it to make the smoky bbq sauce, or will a regular bottle of BBQ sauce work?

Thanks for the advice...new recruit wants to make this one for her show tomorrow, and I've yet to try it.

15. ChefBeckyD

I've made these a couple times now - and yes - just take the oil and pour it into a prep bowl, press a clove a garlic into it, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Voila! Garlic Infused Oil! (and then, you can use olive oil instead of canola)

You can use regular BBQ sauce...but, the smoky BBQ sauce is sooo good. It shows another product (I usually make it ahead) and I like to show people how they can make their own BBQ sauce in just a couple minutes. Plus, for those who avoid HFCS, it's a better choice. At least here, it's easy to find ketchup w/o HFCS, but almost impossible to find a BBQ sauce w/o it.

May 12, 2009
  16. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

There is no reason whatsoever that you can't use oil with pressed garlic as a sub for the PC Infused Oil. And as for bottled BBQ, when I'm cooking this recipe for my family I always use bottled sauce as we're picky about our BBQ sauces, and it's quicker ;). Just try your recipe changes at home until you have it to your liking before you try demo it at your shows.

May 12, 2009
  17. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Ummm, okay, I can't figure out what HFCS is??!!?? Help!

May 12, 2009
  18. ChefBeckyD

High Fructose Corn Syrup. ;)

May 12, 2009
  19. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

AAAAAhhhhhh............thanks!

May 12, 2009
  20. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

thanks, I didn't know either.....

21. ChefBeckyD

I'm a food snob, a nerd, and a bit of health food freak. :eek::p

Some other things I don't eat are GMO's , and PHO's....

(those would be Genetically Modified Organisms, or Partially Hydrogentated/Hydrogentated Oils) :D

May 12, 2009
  22. pamperedlinda

For those of you who have made the Chicken BBQ - is there a lot of liquid in the DBC after they cook? Do you leave it in to soak back into the chicken after you chop it or do you drain it off?

23. ChefBeckyD

I've just left it to soak back in. As you chop it, it sorta disappears back into the chicken.

May 12, 2009
  24. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

You girls are awesome! Thanks so much for helping me out. :thumbup:

Becky - stay just the way you are! Your a genius and such a wonderful resource to us all! :sing:

25. pamperedlinda

That was my guess. Thanks!

26. kewaters

kewaters Member

tried this at a meeting last night and it was delicious! we just used plain chicken breasts, omitted the oil and used the rub. then added about 1 cup of pre-bottled bbq sauce and it came out great!

May 19, 2009
Have something to add?