• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

11 Minute Bbq Chicken Sandwiches?

In summary, Linda Bowles mentioned a recipe for BBQ chicken sandwiches that can be made in 11 minutes using the DCB. It was floating around on some loops and can be found on Consultant's Corner. It involves baking chicken in the microwave and using the Smoky Barbecue Sauce and Mini Scoop. Many have had success with this recipe and it can also be made with pork.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
At the end of the Director's call today Linda Bowles mentioned that there is a great recipe floating around on the loops featuring the DCB- where we make BBQ chicken sandwiches in 11 minutes.

I booked 2 shows today by offering it!!!:sing:

The only problem is I can't find the recipe. Anyone know what she is talking about?

Thanks, Elaine

Wasn't that one of the power cooking chicken recipes?

I've got the bbq pork sandwiches but nothing for bbq chicken sandwiches, sorry. Maybe she was mistaken and meant pork? If not and you do find it, please share!

She said it was floating around on some of the loops. I did tons of the BBQ pork sandwiches last year. Not everyone eats pork so this really made me interested.

What other loops are there? I'm on my upline's loop, but I haven't seenanything there...

I think you just substitute chicken for the pork in that recipe.

OR There is a really great BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe in the 29 MIN Vol2, and I have subbed chicken in that one a couple times - it's really good!

Hi,

For this recipe, just bake the chicken in the microwave 3 minutes per chicken breasts. Then shred with salad choppers. While this is baking, I demo the barbeque sauce. Simply pour on, stir and serve. I have sold lots of salad choppers doing this recipe.

Andrea

Found it...Or something like it! This came in a morning after the show email from that I received from another director. These were a HUGE hit!! I love that guests are realising the value of the DCB!!!!

By request we did not do the onions, and I sort of had an old fashioned type show that was not interactive. I had a the host trim the chicken and we all said what we loved and spoke about a new product. The show took around 50 minutes. But, sales are $869 with an early May booking and a few maybes...WaHoo!!

Chicken Barbecue Sandwiches
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
Pampered Chef Garlic Infused Canola Oil
Pampered Chef Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 small onions
mini buns

Brush chicken with oil & pat generously with barbecue rub. Cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker for 10 to 15 minutes in the microwave or until temperature reads 160 with the Instant Read Pocket Thermometer. When done, drain of necessary, then chop with Salad Chopper. Add Smoky Barbecue Sauce and mix. Slice 2 small onions with Ultimate Mandoline. Saute until caramelized in an Executive skillet. Serve on small buns with onions using Medium Scoop.
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 teaspoons cider vinegar or white vinegar

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in Executive Saucepan. Bring to a
boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir into chicken or serve on sandwiches.

Chefgirl2 said:
Found it...Or something like it! This came in a morning after the show email from that I received from another director. These were a HUGE hit!! I love that guests are realising the value of the DCB!!!! By request we did not do the onions, and I sort of had an old fashioned type show that was not interactive. I had a the host trim the chicken and we all said what we loved and spoke about a new product. The show took around 50 minutes. But, sales are $869 with an early May booking and a few maybes...WaHoo!!Chicken Barbecue Sandwiches
2 small onions
mini bunsBrush chicken with oil & pat generously with barbecue rub. Cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker for 10 to 15 minutes in the microwave or until temperature reads 160 with the Instant Read Pocket Thermometer. When done, drain of necessary, then chop with Salad Chopper. Add Smoky Barbecue Sauce and mix. Slice 2 small onions with Ultimate Mandoline. Saute until caramelized in an Executive skillet. Serve on small buns with onions using Medium Scoop.
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in Executive Saucepan. Bring to a
boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir into chicken or serve on sandwiches.
LOL - that's the Mini BBQ Pork Sandwich recipe, only using chicken instead!:DCongrats on the great show! I almost always sub chicken for pork, because more people eat chicken.

I am adding these to my DCB show choices! Sounds great, think I will make them for lunch tomorrow.

I just made these at my show last night, I thought I made up the recipe myself, guess not. You just use chicken instead of pork. Make the bbq sause and chop the chicken, mix and serve on rolls. I call mine 10 minute chicken bbq sandwiches. I did them in November all month and have started doing them again this month. They are soooo very easy and quick to demo.

Chefgirl2 said:
Found it...Or something like it! This came in a morning after the show email from that I received from another director. These were a HUGE hit!! I love that guests are realising the value of the DCB!!!!

By request we did not do the onions, and I sort of had an old fashioned type show that was not interactive. I had a the host trim the chicken and we all said what we loved and spoke about a new product. The show took around 50 minutes. But, sales are $869 with an early May booking and a few maybes...WaHoo!!

2 small onions
mini buns

Brush chicken with oil & pat generously with barbecue rub. Cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker for 10 to 15 minutes in the microwave or until temperature reads 160 with the Instant Read Pocket Thermometer. When done, drain of necessary, then chop with Salad Chopper. Add Smoky Barbecue Sauce and mix. Slice 2 small onions with Ultimate Mandoline. Saute until caramelized in an Executive skillet. Serve on small buns with onions using Medium Scoop.
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup

This sounds good too! Can't wait to try it out.

I was skeptical with the chicken but it was DELICIOUS!! I'll be making it at shows for sure!!

Chefgirl2 said:

2 small onions
mini buns

Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup

Any chance we can use oil with pressed garlic as a sub for the PC Infused Oil?

Is it worth it to make the smoky bbq sauce, or will a regular bottle of BBQ sauce work?

Thanks for the advice...new recruit wants to make this one for her show tomorrow, and I've yet to try it.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

Is it worth it to make the smoky bbq sauce, or will a regular bottle of BBQ sauce work?

Thanks for the advice...new recruit wants to make this one for her show tomorrow, and I've yet to try it.
I've made these a couple times now - and yes - just take the oil and pour it into a prep bowl, press a clove a garlic into it, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Voila! Garlic Infused Oil! (and then, you can use olive oil instead of canola)

You can use regular BBQ sauce...but, the smoky BBQ sauce is sooo good. It shows another product (I usually make it ahead) and I like to show people how they can make their own BBQ sauce in just a couple minutes. Plus, for those who avoid HFCS, it's a better choice. At least here, it's easy to find ketchup w/o HFCS, but almost impossible to find a BBQ sauce w/o it.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

There is no reason whatsoever that you can't use oil with pressed garlic as a sub for the PC Infused Oil. And as for bottled BBQ, when I'm cooking this recipe for my family I always use bottled sauce as we're picky about our BBQ sauces, and it's quicker ;). Just try your recipe changes at home until you have it to your liking before you try demo it at your shows.

ChefBeckyD said:
Plus, for those who avoid HFCS, it's a better choice. At least here, it's easy to find ketchup w/o HFCS, but almost impossible to find a BBQ sauce w/o it.

Ummm, okay, I can't figure out what HFCS is??!!?? Help!

c00p said:
Ummm, okay, I can't figure out what HFCS is??!!?? Help!

High Fructose Corn Syrup. ;)

AAAAAhhhhhh............thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
thanks, I didn't know either.....

I'm a food snob, a nerd, and a bit of health food freak. :eek::p

Some other things I don't eat are GMO's , and PHO's....

(those would be Genetically Modified Organisms, or Partially Hydrogentated/Hydrogentated Oils) :D

For those of you who have made the Chicken BBQ - is there a lot of liquid in the DBC after they cook? Do you leave it in to soak back into the chicken after you chop it or do you drain it off?

pamperedlinda said:
For those of you who have made the Chicken BBQ - is there a lot of liquid in the DBC after they cook? Do you leave it in to soak back into the chicken after you chop it or do you drain it off?

I've just left it to soak back in. As you chop it, it sorta disappears back into the chicken.

You girls are awesome! Thanks so much for helping me out. :thumbup:

Becky - stay just the way you are! Your a genius and such a wonderful resource to us all! :sing:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've just left it to soak back in. As you chop it, it sorta disappears back into the chicken.

That was my guess. Thanks!

tried this at a meeting last night and it was delicious! we just used plain chicken breasts, omitted the oil and used the rub. then added about 1 cup of pre-bottled bbq sauce and it came out great!

1. How do I make the 11 Minute Bbq Chicken Sandwiches?

To make the 11 Minute Bbq Chicken Sandwiches, you will need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, 4 slices of cheddar cheese, 4 hamburger buns, and optional toppings like pickles or onions. Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the chicken breasts with BBQ sauce and place them on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each chicken breast. Assemble the sandwiches by placing the chicken on the bottom half of the bun, and adding any desired toppings. Enjoy!

2. Can I use a different type of meat for these sandwiches?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer for these sandwiches. Chicken is a popular option, but you can also use beef, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the type of meat you choose.

3. How long do I need to marinate the chicken?

The beauty of these sandwiches is that they only take 11 minutes to cook, so there's no need to marinate the chicken beforehand. Simply brush the chicken with BBQ sauce before placing it on the grill.

4. Can I make these sandwiches in the oven instead of on the grill?

Yes, you can bake the chicken in the oven instead of grilling it. Preheat your oven to 375°F and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked. During the last few minutes of cooking, add the cheddar cheese on top to melt. Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for these sandwiches?

Absolutely! While cheddar cheese is a classic choice for BBQ chicken sandwiches, you can use any type of cheese you prefer. Some popular options include pepper jack, gouda, or even blue cheese for a tangy twist. Use your favorite cheese to make these sandwiches your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• teresah551393
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jaxsonson
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies