• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

101 Recruiting Tips

In summary, the Success Factory provides daily tips that can help improve recruiting efforts. Some of these tips include promoting the business as a family business, leaving catalogs in public places with job stickers, using indirect methods of asking for recruits, and using the "take away" method. Other suggestions include using personal connections, such as friends, family, and waitresses, as potential recruits, and utilizing resources such as job fairs, local clubs, and social media. It is also important to keep track of potential recruits and follow up with them regularly. The key is to choose a few strategies and stick with them, rather than overwhelming oneself with too many ideas.
finley1991
I subscribe to the Success Factory's daily tips... this week they listed 100 recruiting tips that I thought I would share with you all!If you'd like to receive the daily e-mails, here is the website: http://www.thesuccessfactory.com/1) Whenever possible, give your product as a gift.2) Ask every single customer if they would like to join you in your business.3) Promote your business as a “family” business and give examples.4) Remember your customer's children and spouse's names5) Don't be pushy; sincerely and honestly tell potential recruits why they would be good at this!6) Leave your old catalogs in public places with “Help Wanted” stickers7) If someone feels they are too busy because they are already employed outside the home, tell them they can be the “on-site” consultant for your company.8) BE EXCITED about what you do!9) Indirect method of asking “Do you know of anyone who might be interested…”10) Follow up within 24-48 hours.11) Keep information given simple and to the point.12) “Take away” method of asking… “I don't know if this would be right for you, but this has been the best thing for me and my family…”13) Put business cards in all of your bills.14) Have a recruiting message on your answering machine.15) Laminate a kit flier to pass around at your parties.16) Put recruiting information in every hostess packet17) Send recruiting information out with every catalog18) Give recruiting information to every guest with their catalog and order form.19) Use your products20) Ask guests at parties lots of questions about themselves to determine needs21) Be sure your top customers know they can always buy your products at as discount when they join as a consultant.22) Leave recruiting fliers in grocery stores on bulletin boards23) Tell people your company is having a contest to see who can talk to the most people about the business.24) Practice your recruiting presentation on a friend or relative.25) Ask every waitress if they would like to be able to earn some extra cash.26) Ask pregnant store clerks if they would like a way to earn income from home after the baby is born.27) Ask for referrals.28) Offer $25.00 in free product to anyone who refers someone to you who joins the company.29) Anyone who holds a garage sale has that entrepreneurial spirit. Shop late in the day when they aren't busy and chat with them about having their own business all the time!30) Advertise at libraries (most have areas where you can leave fliers)31) Offer your services as a speaker32) Check into fairs and festivals in your area33) Participate in vendor fairs with other self employed people.34) Look for job fairs in your area.35) Become a member of the local Chamber of Commerce36) Join a local LEADS club.37) Keep your parties short, sweet and to-the-point.38) Make your job look fun39) Make your job look easy and duplicatible40) Listen to good information on recruitingReminder! Pick just a couple of new ideas to try from these suggestions…using too many at once will cause your brain to explode!!!41) Collect 100 “no's”!42) Ask for help from your upline recruiter or manager43) Put your “story” in every catalog44) Talk about your business everywhere.45) Make a note of how you spend the profits from your business and mention it at parties46) Put a “sale” sticker on everything in your catalog that is in your kit47) Send postcards to potential recruits from company sponsored events like conventions and trips!48) Know the percentage that buying your kit saves.49) Know how to fill out recruiting agreements.50) Know how much a kit costs and how one can pay for it.51) Have lots of recruiting information on hand.52) Make up 50 recruiting packets and put them on your desk as a visual … think how many new team members you will have as that pile shrinks.53) Keep a recruiting notebook of everyone you've talked to about the business.54) Follow up, follow up, follow up!55) The next time you receive a call from a telemarketer, ask them if they like their job and then tell them about yours (worse case, they'll hang up on you!!!)56) Put your catalog in baby changing stations.57) Leave your business card in lockers at the gym or pool.58) At least once a year call through your entire customer base59) Anytime anyone calls you (about your business), be sure to say… “before I let you go, I'm looking for people to join me in this business, do you know of anyone who might like more information about doing what I do?”60) Encourage people at parties to ask questions about what you do.61) Declare a monthly recruiting goal, and share that goal with your spouse.62) Post your goal in several places around the house.63) Take your monthly goal, multiply by 10 and then number the lines of a spiral notebook accordingly. (example, if 4 a month is your goal, number 1-40 on individual lines). This is your Master List of new people to talk to each month about the business.64) Break your goal down to a daily level of activity (in the above example, you would need to ask 2 people to join you each day - Monday through Friday).65) Ask your hostess to help you look for potential recruits at her party.66) Let your hostess know anyone you recruit at her party would be on her team.67) Call up potential recruits and let them know they were on your mind & why.68) Don't get discouraged.69) Remember, you are sorting NOT convincing!70) Tell people to put your business card in their wallet and if their wallet is ever empty, to give you a call!71) Make sure that friends and relatives are on the lookout for people who might join you in the business.72) Make sure friends and relatives know what it is that you do!73) Book and hold lots of parties!74) Display “Help Wanted” signs at your parties75) Ask top recruiters in your company to share their best tip76) Play lively upbeat music on your way to your parties77) Make a goal to pass out information to at least 2 people at every party you do.78) Mention recruiting in non-direct ways at your parties by story telling (my kids love that I can go on field trips with them because my hours are so flexible!)79) Ask your hostess to think of every pregnant person and every teacher she knows80) Don't prejudge!81) When talking with someone you don't know, ask them what they do (they'll ask you back!)82) Have a great 10 second commercial about what you do!83) Talk about the great tax benefits that you are able to take advantage of because you have a home business.84) Think about WHY you joined and WHY you LOVE what you do!85) Ask neighbors to “test” products for you.86) Listen, listen, listen to what people say at parties and when mingling in crowds. You never know what you might hear!87)IF I COULD SHOW YOU A WAY…( “If I could show you a way that you could work from home and not have your children in daycare, would you be interested?”)88) ALPHABET SOUP! - Think of potential prospects by letters of the alphabet (who do you know who is an Accountant, Banker, Clerk) you get the picture!89) Have your upline manager or recruiter role play a recruiting appointment with you90) Have your manager or upline recruiter listen in on your recruiting phone calls and critique your technique91) Observe a party given by a consultant who is a strong recruiter in your area92) Get as much training as you can on recruiting….it will help you stay focused!93) Critique yourself! After each recruiting phone call or appointment, journal what went well and what you'll do differently next time. Learn from your mistakes!94) Work to cultivate a large POOL of potential recruits! That way you're not focusing on the same people over and over again.95) FAYC (Forget about yourself completely)..when you are focused on what your business will do for others, you will NEVER feel like you are pushing; you're giving a gift!96) Work on recruiting daily and it will become a habit, like brushing your teeth!97) Talk about “job testing” the business!98) Put stickers on the products in your display that are a part of the start up kit.99) Don't take “no's” personally…you're that much closer to a yes.100) Don't forget to close after giving information…. “So, what do you think??”101) JUST DO IT!!!!

!Wow, those are some great tips! I especially like the idea of asking for help from your upline recruiter or manager and practicing your recruiting presentation with a friend or relative. It's also important to remember to not take rejection personally and to keep a positive attitude. Thanks for sharing, I will definitely check out the Success Factory website for more tips!

!Thank you for sharing these 101 recruiting tips from The Success Factory! I have been a subscriber to their daily tips as well and have found them to be incredibly helpful and insightful. It's great to see that you are also utilizing their tips and sharing them with others.I especially love tip #8 - being excited about what we do is so important in attracting others to join our team. And #95 - focusing on how our business can benefit others rather than just ourselves is a key mindset to have when recruiting.I also want to add one more tip to the list - always follow up with potential recruits. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of meeting new people and talking about our business, but following up is crucial in turning those potential recruits into actual team members.Thank you again for sharing these tips and for being a dedicated consultant. Wishing you continued success in your business!

What is "101 Recruiting Tips" about?

"101 Recruiting Tips" is a comprehensive guide that provides valuable insights and strategies for successful recruiting. It covers various aspects of the recruiting process, from creating job postings to conducting interviews and making job offers.

Who can benefit from reading "101 Recruiting Tips"?

"101 Recruiting Tips" is useful for anyone involved in the recruiting process, including hiring managers, HR professionals, recruiters, and business owners. It can also be helpful for job seekers who want to understand the recruiting process and improve their chances of getting hired.

Are the tips in "101 Recruiting Tips" applicable to all industries?

Yes, the tips in "101 Recruiting Tips" are applicable to all industries. While some industries may have specific recruiting practices, the strategies and insights provided in this guide can be applied to any industry.

How is "101 Recruiting Tips" different from other recruiting resources?

"101 Recruiting Tips" offers a comprehensive and practical approach to recruiting. It covers a wide range of topics and provides actionable tips and advice that can be implemented in real-life recruiting situations. The tips are also backed by research and industry best practices.

Can "101 Recruiting Tips" help improve my company's recruitment process?

Absolutely! "101 Recruiting Tips" provides valuable insights and strategies that can help improve your company's recruitment process. By implementing these tips, you can attract top talent, streamline your recruiting process, and make more informed hiring decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • naekelsey