• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating My First Month of Selling: Tips & Tricks for New Sellers

In summary, Michelle is new to the selling game and is worried about one of her shows cancelling. She is considering setting up a catalog show to generate any outside sales. She was reading about a promotion where Pampered Chef will give the customer 10% off their first order of $50 or more. Her question is how to offer the promotion and is it worth it?
jazj10355
This month (April) is my very first month selling. So far I have my 4 shows booked but I am worried about one of them cancelling out on me. I am thinking about setting up a catalog show under my name for any outside sales I can get. I was reading about a promotion of "10% off your first order of $50 or more with this flyer". My question is how do you give them the 10% off? Are you having to eat that money and is it worth it? or is there something else that can be done to be able to offer that? maybe putting those orders in a past host name or something? Very new and trying to learn and of course make some money. Any help or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle

Remember Michelle, you will be making a minimum of 20% commission off of the order. If their order is $50, enter a payment of $5.00 (10%) as a consultant gift. You are still making 10% commission off of that order. And most importantly, you are building report between your customer, getting them excited about Pampered Chef products, and ultimately reminding them how they could have up to 30% off by hosting a show and 10% off all year. Many times, I offer to pay shipping on orders over $50. It works, because they're getting the "purchase $50 get product free" from Pampered Chef, and saving the $3.25 from me. I love getting those $50+ orders because I know they'll quickly increase my commission to the 22%+ level (usually more)

question?I have a question. I like the idea of giving free shipping on an order of $50 or more. How do you take the shipping off their order when imputing it onto pampered partner? I think I really need a help class for the software. :confused:

You don't "take" the shipping off exactly. What I do is just leave it in but make sure I have that amount in my account to cover their shipping and when posting payment info I "add" a payment under cash for the amount of shipping. It then balances and that amount is coming directly from me.

Another option when submitting payment info is to use the "Consultant Gift" option under the payment selections. This allows the guest to remember the gift from you, as well as have a record of your payment in your PPartner software for Tax Purposes!

1. How can I set realistic goals for my first month of selling?

Setting realistic goals is crucial for success in your first month of selling. Take the time to evaluate your target market, personal schedule, and potential challenges. Set achievable goals that align with your strengths and resources. It's also important to track your progress and adjust your goals accordingly.

2. How do I build a strong customer base in my first month of selling?

Building a strong customer base takes time, but there are a few key strategies to implement in your first month. Utilize your personal network, attend local events and fairs, and leverage social media to connect with potential customers. Offer incentives, such as discounts or free products, to encourage purchases and referrals.

3. What are some effective ways to market myself as a new seller?

As a new seller, it's important to establish your brand and market yourself effectively. Utilize social media platforms, create a professional website, and leverage word-of-mouth advertising. You can also partner with local businesses or host a launch party to introduce your products to potential customers.

4. How can I stay organized and manage my time effectively in my first month of selling?

Effective time management and organization are crucial for success in your first month of selling. Create a schedule that allows for both sales and administrative tasks, such as inventory management and customer follow-ups. Utilize tools, such as a planner or scheduling software, to stay organized and on top of tasks.

5. What are some common challenges that new sellers face and how can I overcome them?

Some common challenges for new sellers include building a customer base, managing inventory, and staying motivated. To overcome these challenges, it's important to have a strong support system, set realistic goals, and continuously evaluate and adapt your strategies. Don't be afraid to seek guidance from experienced sellers and always remember your why for starting this journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sluna75
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jazj10355
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies