• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating My First Month Selling: Tips & Tricks

In summary, Michelle is a new seller who has 4 shows booked for her first month, but is worried about potential cancellations. She is considering setting up a catalog show and also wants to offer a "10% off" promotion to attract new customers. She has questions about how to give the discount and whether it's worth it. Some suggestions include manually applying the discount, creating a special code, and setting a minimum order amount. It's also helpful to seek advice from others in the business.
jazj10355
This month (April) is my very first month selling. So far I have my 4 shows booked but I am worried about one of them cancelling out on me. I am thinking about setting up a catalog show under my name for any outside sales I can get. I was reading about a promotion of "10% off your first order of $50 or more with this flyer". My question is how do you give them the 10% off? Are you having to eat that money and is it worth it? or is there something else that can be done to be able to offer that? maybe putting those orders in a past host name or something? Very new and trying to learn and of course make some money. Any help or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle :p

If you offer any discount, you are eating the discount. I would hold an open house at your house. Do it 2 days back to back...one evening and one afternoon. People that can't come to the one can come to the other. Invite EVERYONE you know and people you don't know. Make personal invitations. Tell your guests that you will give them a free cookbook if they bring a friend you don't know. Give them a Season's Best...you can order bulk in the supply order.

Hi Michelle,Congratulations on starting your journey as a seller! It's great that you have 4 shows booked already, but I understand your concern about one of them potentially cancelling. Setting up a catalog show is a good idea to ensure you have some outside sales to fall back on.In terms of the promotion, offering a discount like "10% off your first order of $50 or more with this flyer" can definitely help attract new customers. As for how to give them the discount, there are a few options. One way is to manually apply the discount when you enter their order. This means you will have to cover the cost of the discount, but it can be worth it if it brings in more sales and potential long-term customers.Another option is to create a special code or coupon for the discount, and have customers enter it at checkout. This way, the discount will be automatically applied and you won't have to manually adjust the price. You can also limit the code to one use per customer, or set an expiration date to control the promotion.If you're worried about losing money with the discount, you can also consider setting a minimum order amount for the discount to be applied. For example, the customer must spend $50 or more to receive the 10% off. This can help ensure that you still make a profit while offering a discount.Lastly, you can also consider reaching out to your upline or fellow sellers for their advice and experience with promotions and discounts. They may have some helpful tips and suggestions for you.I hope this helps and wish you all the best with your sales! Don't be afraid to keep learning and trying new things to grow your business. :)

What are some tips for staying organized during my first month of selling?

1. Create a schedule: Set aside specific times to work on your business, whether it's making calls, attending parties, or organizing your supplies.

2. Use a planner or calendar: Keep track of important dates, deadlines, and goals in a physical planner or online calendar.

3. Utilize a filing system: Keep all your paperwork, order forms, and receipts organized in a filing system to easily access them when needed.

4. Keep a to-do list: Write down tasks that need to be completed and prioritize them so you don't forget anything important.

5. Use technology: There are many apps and programs available to help with organization, such as task managers, inventory trackers, and social media scheduling tools.

How can I effectively promote my business in my first month of selling?

1. Host a launch party: Invite friends, family, and acquaintances to a launch party to introduce them to your products and generate interest.

2. Utilize social media: Use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to showcase your products and connect with potential customers.

3. Attend vendor events: Look for local fairs, markets, and events where you can set up a booth and sell your products.

4. Offer incentives: Encourage people to host parties or place orders by offering discounts, free products, or other incentives.

5. Network: Attend networking events and connect with other small business owners to gain exposure and potential customers.

What are some common mistakes to avoid during my first month of selling?

1. Overspending: It can be tempting to purchase a lot of products and supplies upfront, but make sure to stick to a budget and only buy what you need.

2. Not utilizing training resources: Take advantage of any training materials or resources provided by Pampered Chef to help you succeed.

3. Neglecting follow-ups: Don't forget to follow up with potential customers or hosts after a party or event to keep their interest and secure sales.

4. Focusing on sales over relationships: Building relationships with customers and hosts is important for long-term success, so don't solely focus on making sales.

5. Not setting realistic goals: Make sure to set achievable goals for your first month of selling and track your progress to stay motivated.

How can I handle rejection or negative feedback during my first month of selling?

1. Don't take it personally: Rejection and negative feedback are normal parts of any sales business, so try not to take it personally.

2. Learn from it: Use any feedback or criticism as an opportunity to improve and grow your business.

3. Stay positive: Remember to focus on the positive aspects of your business and the successes you have had.

4. Seek support: Connect with other Pampered Chef consultants or your team leader for support and advice on handling rejection.

5. Keep moving forward: Don't let rejection or negative feedback discourage you, stay determined and keep working towards your goals.

What are some ways to stay motivated and excited about my business in my first month of selling?

1. Set goals: Having clear and achievable goals can help keep you motivated and excited about your business.

2. Celebrate successes: Take the time to celebrate every sale, party, and achievement, no matter how small.

3. Connect with others: Join online groups or attend local meetings with other Pampered Chef consultants to stay connected and motivated.

4. Try new things: Don't be afraid to try new sales techniques or products to keep your business fresh and exciting.

5. Remember your "why": Remind yourself of why you started your Pampered Chef business and the goals you have for yourself. This can help keep you motivated and focused on your journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angelkatey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RScozzaro
Replies
Views
pchefdonna
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady