• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Rice in a Large Microcooker?

The recipe doesn't say how much liquid to add, but I added 3 cups of water to the quick rice pudding and it came out perfect. Thanks for the question!
Shari'sKitchen
I know you can make one in the rice cooker & in the fluted stone, but is the large microcooker too small to do it in as well???

I have a customer asking and I think it's a bit small but not 100% sure since I dont have it.

Large Micro cookerI tried it the other day and it was not a good thing. I recommend the Rice Cooker definitely.:)

thanks

oh and I tried a butter white cake mix with the lemon frosting last night in the rice cooker ... AMAZING!

Rice Cooker RecipesDoes anyone have a list of recipes for the Rice Cooker??

Cake recipes??

Thanks,

Lisa

this came with the cooker:

Savory Vegeatable Rice Pilaf
1 pk (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked converted white rice
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
2 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley
salt & coarse black pepper to taste
1/2 cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Combine mushrooms, onion & butter in Rice Cooker Plus. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.

2. Add chicken broth and rice to cooker. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cook times.

3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Gently stir in peas and parsley; season to taste with salt & pepper, if desired. Spoon rice into serving bowl & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

For cakes...
make ANY cake mix. Use 4 small scoops of frosting in flower shape. Cook for 10 minutes and let set. Flip cooker over onto another plate & dust with powdered sugar.

Some combos are: devils food cake and chocolate frosting
butter white cake and lemon frosting

the combos are endless.... 10 minutes and a great molten lava cake!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Does anyone have a list of recipes for the Rice Cooker??

Here is a booklet I picked up from here and then tweaked a little bit. I give it to everybody who orders the Rice Cooker, and they love it!

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Book.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 682
thanks so much! I will definately be using this :)

Thanks so much for the book of recipes, just what I was looking for!!

Thanks again,

Lisa

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for the Rice Cooker RecipeDoes anyone know where I can find the chocolate hazelnut spread for the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake recipe in the new Season's Best....I am making it at a show on Friday, and I cannot find it in the grocery store anywhere. :cool:

It's called Nutella and I know they have it at the big grocery stores by me, but I don't know about other areas. Hmmmm. I guess you need to know for sure if you can find it first since I don't know if you can really substitute it with anything.:confused: I've made the cake, though, and it's really good. Although just a plain microwave cake with a mix and some of that canned frosting is easier and just as good!

NutellaWe found it at a BJ's store

You can find Nutella in the same isle as the Peanut Butter, Jellies, Jams & Preserves.

Does anyone know what kind of liquid and how much needs to be added to the quick rice pudding in the rice cooker book? I never noticed it didn't say, until a customer just called and asked.

1. Can you make rice in a large Microcooker?

Yes, you can make rice in a large Microcooker. The Microcooker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for cooking a variety of foods, including rice.

2. How much rice can I make in a large Microcooker?

The large Microcooker can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice, which will yield about 6 cups of cooked rice.

3. Do I need to use a special type of rice for the Microcooker?

No, you can use any type of rice in the Microcooker, such as white, brown, or wild rice. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the type of rice you are using.

4. How do I cook rice in the large Microcooker?

To cook rice in the large Microcooker, simply measure out your desired amount of rice and add it to the cooker. Then, add the appropriate amount of water according to the rice package instructions. Close the lid and microwave on high for the recommended cooking time.

5. Can I cook other grains besides rice in the large Microcooker?

Yes, you can cook a variety of grains in the large Microcooker, such as quinoa, couscous, and bulgur. Just follow the same steps as cooking rice, but adjust the cooking time and water ratio according to the specific grain you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies