• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

10 minute cake

Feb 25, 2006
I know you can make one in the rice cooker & in the fluted stone, but is the large microcooker too small to do it in as well???

I have a customer asking and I think it's a bit small but not 100% sure since I dont have it.

ayalaa

Feb 16, 2006
Large Micro cooker

I tried it the other day and it was not a good thing. I recommend the Rice Cooker definitely.:)

Feb 25, 2006
thanks

oh and I tried a butter white cake mix with the lemon frosting last night in the rice cooker ... AMAZING!

Feb 25, 2006
this came with the cooker:

Savory Vegeatable Rice Pilaf
1 pk (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked converted white rice
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
2 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley
salt & coarse black pepper to taste
1/2 cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Combine mushrooms, onion & butter in Rice Cooker Plus. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.

2. Add chicken broth and rice to cooker. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cook times.

3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Gently stir in peas and parsley; season to taste with salt & pepper, if desired. Spoon rice into serving bowl & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

For cakes...
make ANY cake mix. Use 4 small scoops of frosting in flower shape. Cook for 10 minutes and let set. Flip cooker over onto another plate & dust with powdered sugar.

Some combos are: devils food cake and chocolate frosting
butter white cake and lemon frosting

the combos are endless.... 10 minutes and a great molten lava cake!

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
Lisa/ChefBear said:
Does anyone have a list of recipes for the Rice Cooker??

Here is a booklet I picked up from here and then tweaked a little bit. I give it to everybody who orders the Rice Cooker, and they love it!

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Book.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 618
Nov 6, 2005
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for the Rice Cooker Recipe

Does anyone know where I can find the chocolate hazelnut spread for the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake recipe in the new Season's Best....I am making it at a show on Friday, and I cannot find it in the grocery store anywhere. :cool:

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
It's called Nutella and I know they have it at the big grocery stores by me, but I don't know about other areas. Hmmmm. I guess you need to know for sure if you can find it first since I don't know if you can really substitute it with anything.:confused: I've made the cake, though, and it's really good. Although just a plain microwave cake with a mix and some of that canned frosting is easier and just as good!

mminikus

Nov 12, 2005
Does anyone know what kind of liquid and how much needs to be added to the quick rice pudding in the rice cooker book? I never noticed it didn't say, until a customer just called and asked.