1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: $1 chance to win a prize

1. anyone done a game where gsts py $1 for a tkt in a prize drawin? (PC product like the simple addittions entertaining set or a piece of stoneware?) then put the names in a hat and draw for the winner.. so theyd pay $1 and get a $30 prize or somethin. neone done this b4? thx

Dec 22, 2005
  2. LuvStoneware

LuvStoneware Member

I have never done this. Does not sound very profitable. You may get $15 for a $20-25 gift THEN if they planed to order that item, now they wont because now they just got it for $1. I would like to know the feedback on this one from others as well. Interesting concept though.

Dec 22, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't think it sounds like a good idea...

I have never done this. But I would be worried, what if you only had 5 people turn out so for $5 you are giving away say a bar pan that costs $28. I keep my incentives more for hosting a show or signing as a consultant. This way I know even though I am spending $$ I will get a return out of it.

just my 2 cents!

Dec 22, 2005
  4. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

I'd be very careful. That could be determined to be a raffle and in some areas, raffle's are illegal. You might want to check before doing so. On the other hand, if you want to give something away, you could do that with your door prize slips. I take my hosts for the month (or two or three depending on how many there are), put all their names in a hat, pull one and give them the gift that I've chosen. Usually a duplicate of an item I already have.

Dec 23, 2005
  5. rebjean

rebjean Novice Member

Different Idea

I have just started offering my host the chance to sell tickets for free products. The way it works is for every ticket sold for $1, the winner gets that much in free products. That way it is another order for the host and I am not out anything. Ex: 50 tickets = $50 in free products. I will let you know how this works. I read this somewhere and thought it sounded interesting and it is a way to get the host talking to people. Everyone likes to win things.

Dec 23, 2005
  6. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

That sounds like a good idea.. maybe I'll try this at the Open House my husband and I are having in January! (Can you believe it? My husband wants to help me have an Open House!! -- and he's PSYCHED about it! Go figure! :D )

Dec 23, 2005
Have something to add?